Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Emma Raducanu 06:22 - Sep 10 with 11643 viewsnoggin

This is gonna hurt the gammonista. Born in Canada to a Chinese mother and Hungarian father. Love it.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Emma Raducanu on 09:05 - Sep 10 with 1525 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Emma Raducanu on 09:01 - Sep 10 by GlasgowBlue

You and noggin are using Emma Raducanu as a political tennis ball (excuse the pun).

Just be happy for her ffs.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2021 9:15]

You might want to edit.

'Apolitical' and 'a political' are pretty well opposites.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Strange post..... on 09:22 - Sep 10 with 1466 viewsBloots

.....from a strange boy.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Emma Raducanu on 09:37 - Sep 10 with 1433 viewsGlasgowBlue

Emma Raducanu on 09:05 - Sep 10 by Tangledupin_Blue

You might want to edit.

'Apolitical' and 'a political' are pretty well opposites.

Yes I'm aware of the difference. when typing on my iPhone I must not have hit the space bar between 'a' & 'political' hard enough.

Had I meant 'apolitical' then I would have inserted the word 'an' in front of it.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2021 9:37]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Emma Raducanu on 09:38 - Sep 10 with 1428 viewschicoazul

Emma Raducanu on 08:37 - Sep 10 by Digger77

And this is why the left never win elections.

Keep up the good work!

The left have won every election in this country since 1997.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Nah, Noggin's observation is..... on 09:40 - Sep 10 with 1420 viewsBloots

Emma Raducanu on 09:03 - Sep 10 by Darth_Koont

Well, I agree it shouldn’t be the first thing. She’s an individual, before she’s even British and certainly not a political pawn.

But on reflection there is stuff to unpack there as she’s unfailingly seen as British by the sort of people and newspapers who have been denying Britishness and othering people like Raducanu for years.

Noggin’s observation is pretty sharp. But that’s why I like it.

....very similar to the type of post Paz used to make.

Entirely designed to wind up people of a certain political persuasion, without being overtly abusive.

Sending the forum down a winding divisive road while he sits back and watches.

All a bit unnecessary really.

Nah, Noggin's observation is..... on 09:45 - Sep 10 with 1385 viewsPassionNotAnger

Nah, Noggin's observation is..... on 09:40 - Sep 10 by Bloots

Entirely designed to wind up people of a certain political persuasion, without being overtly abusive.

Glad it's not just me that see's this for what it is - constantly argumentative and intended to create conflict all the time
Emma Raducanu on 09:45 - Sep 10 with 1382 viewsdickie

Emma Raducanu on 09:01 - Sep 10 by GlasgowBlue

You and noggin are using Emma Raducanu as a political tennis ball (excuse the pun).

Just be happy for her ffs.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2021 9:15]

I don't think there's anything wrong with debating and discussing this issue while simultaneously cheering her on. Especially considering the xenophobia and anti immigration stance peddled and encouraged by our incumbent government and their supporters
Luckily most of the users who.... on 09:48 - Sep 10 with 1352 viewsBloots

Nah, Noggin's observation is..... on 09:45 - Sep 10 by PassionNotAnger

Glad it's not just me that see's this for what it is - constantly argumentative and intended to create conflict all the time

.....would argue the toss over this sort of thing, whether the loony left or the rabid right, have left.

There's only a couple around now and without back up they tend to be a lot quieter.

Login to get fewer ads

Emma Raducanu on 09:49 - Sep 10 with 1343 viewsGlasgowBlue

Emma Raducanu on 09:45 - Sep 10 by dickie

I don't think there's anything wrong with debating and discussing this issue while simultaneously cheering her on. Especially considering the xenophobia and anti immigration stance peddled and encouraged by our incumbent government and their supporters

Koonters, in all fairness, is at least attempting to debate the issue in a coherent and intelligent manner.

Bloots is right though, Noggin's MO is not much different to that of Paz. He throws in an incendiary post and then disappears.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2021 10:01]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Luckily most of the users who.... on 09:49 - Sep 10 with 1345 viewschicoazul

Luckily most of the users who.... on 09:48 - Sep 10 by Bloots

.....would argue the toss over this sort of thing, whether the loony left or the rabid right, have left.

There's only a couple around now and without back up they tend to be a lot quieter.

Yeah what happened there? Did Phil have a cull?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Emma Raducanu on 09:50 - Sep 10 with 1340 viewsPassionNotAnger

Emma Raducanu on 09:45 - Sep 10 by dickie

Which might be a fair observation if the original post was "cheering it on" yet strangely it didn't even mention how well she'd performed at all.

The other antagonist in chief also then piled in and again, failed to mention or acknowledge her success for several posts until the penny dropped.

FWIW I agree in general about our press and governments negligence and incompetence in addressing (or potentially stoking) racism but that issue didn't NEED to be associated to this brilliant young lady's achievements did it?
Emma Raducanu on 09:51 - Sep 10 with 1338 viewsmutters

What a bellend of a statement. You are showing your prejudice there fella. Take the day off.

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Bit of a mix I think..... on 09:54 - Sep 10 with 1322 viewsBloots

Luckily most of the users who.... on 09:49 - Sep 10 by chicoazul

Yeah what happened there? Did Phil have a cull?

...Paz got banned and a lot of the LBF realised that without him they had very little need to post on the board, so they just banned themselves.

There's been a noticeable difference in the board, particularly during this International break, when normally everyone would go a bit tonto.

Huzzah.

Bit of a mix I think..... on 09:55 - Sep 10 with 1312 viewschicoazul

Bit of a mix I think..... on 09:54 - Sep 10 by Bloots

...Paz got banned and a lot of the LBF realised that without him they had very little need to post on the board, so they just banned themselves.

There's been a noticeable difference in the board, particularly during this International break, when normally everyone would go a bit tonto.

Huzzah.

Definitely. We had the usual TWTD July Insanity but as you say it’s died a real death lately. Much better for it.

Emma Raducanu on 10:09 - Sep 10 with 1275 viewsSwansea_Blue

Top trolling Noggers!

It's tempting to say there's a hypocrisy here, as Emma is foreign born and we are currently in a period when foreign-born people are targeted for abuse and genuinely used as political footballs with our government doing their damndest to deport people who may have moved to this country at 2 years old, as Emma did.

But, Emma's legally British though and that's an important distinction for these immigrants. What this all does show (not that anyone should need any extra proof!) is that immigration is vitally important in shaping our society. It's given us some of our greatest thinkers, businesspeople, teachers, sportspeople, doers, you name it. Across the board immigration is overwhelmingly positive. So, in that regard, this does highlight the double standards of certain elements of the press and people who demonise people based purely on where they were born.

Interesting short piece here on someone's experiences around citizenship, who's children are limited in opportunities despite being born here - http://www.equanicity.org/?p=2335.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2021 10:10]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Emma Raducanu on 10:19 - Sep 10 with 1258 viewsGuthrum

Keep up the good work!

What, most people decide who to vote for on the basis of rude comments by random individuals on the internet? No wonder democracy is in a mess!

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Bit of a mix I think..... on 10:57 - Sep 10 with 1180 viewsEwan_Oozami

Bit of a mix I think..... on 09:54 - Sep 10 by Bloots

Huzzah.

Only us Extreme Centrists left now....

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Bit of a mix I think..... on 11:03 - Sep 10 with 1170 viewsSwansea_Blue

Bit of a mix I think..... on 10:57 - Sep 10 by Ewan_Oozami

Only us Extreme Centrists left now....

Join our call to arms brothers and sisters!

"Power to the people, although bounded within basic principles around sanctity of life and individual freedoms that don't impinge on the rights of others, and a market economy that is underpinned by regulatory safeguards and responsible finance systems!"

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Nah, Noggin's observation is..... on 11:09 - Sep 10 with 1155 viewsDarth_Koont

Nah, Noggin's observation is..... on 09:40 - Sep 10 by Bloots

The OP doesn’t wind me up in the slightest. Then again I’ve never agreed with the political persuasion or tacitly supported it by letting it slide.

You’re getting into “bad people on both sides” territory. Noggin’s one of the good guys and if more people had called out the gammonista nonsense earlier (including the likes of Paz) then we’d have a damn sight less divisiveness.

Pronouns: He/Him

Emma Raducanu on 11:12 - Sep 10 with 1136 viewsleitrimblue

Emma Raducanu on 08:21 - Sep 10 by GlasgowBlue

I don’t recall mass “gammon” heartache over the wonderful achievements of Sir Mohamed Farah and his remarkable success on the track.

Noggin is fabricating a scenario that doesn’t exist.

As a nationalist you probably don’t appreciate that Britain is a migrant nation. Always has been.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2021 8:26]

Morning GB, was wondering, with your views on racial equality and comments like 'Britain is a migrant nation. Always has been' have you noticed a decrease in invites to late night lock-ins in the conservative club bar?
Emma Raducanu on 11:12 - Sep 10 with 1134 viewsjaykay

Keep up the good work!

see you as correct as normal

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Emma Raducanu on 11:14 - Sep 10 with 1124 viewsDarth_Koont

Emma Raducanu on 09:50 - Sep 10 by PassionNotAnger

Which might be a fair observation if the original post was "cheering it on" yet strangely it didn't even mention how well she'd performed at all.

The other antagonist in chief also then piled in and again, failed to mention or acknowledge her success for several posts until the penny dropped.

FWIW I agree in general about our press and governments negligence and incompetence in addressing (or potentially stoking) racism but that issue didn't NEED to be associated to this brilliant young lady's achievements did it?

Gmpf. I’ve probably been aware of Raducanu and her success longer than you. I even follow tennis outside of Wimbledon and British success stories.

You got triggered. Take the L and move on.

Pronouns: He/Him

Emma Raducanu on 11:16 - Sep 10 with 1104 viewsleitrimblue

Keep up the good work!

It's all Noggins fault? Didn't realize he was so influential
Emma Raducanu on 11:27 - Sep 10 with 1063 viewsJ2BLUE

Not sure what happened to you. Used to be a decent poster. Over the last six months or so you've been a total bell with a second rate Spruce/Blue Badger tribute act.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Emma Raducanu on 11:48 - Sep 10 with 1004 viewsTangledupin_Blue

I don't see why people are having such a pop at Noggin in this thread. We British (perhaps English) have, for as long as I can remember, had an ambivalent attitude regarding the provenance of those who represent us in sport. Zola Budd, Greg Rusedski, Graeme Hick are examples. There was disapproving harrumphing directed at Mo Farah. And there is still outright racism directed at our black footballers born in this country.

It appears to me that Noggin is having a gentle swipe at the racists. Those who are criticising him are, perhaps, not far removed from those who boo England's footballers for taking the knee.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024