Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bolton fans still triggered by the 2000 Semis by the looks of it.... 17:05 - Sep 10 with 1872 viewsITFC_Forever

Thanks Tom the Writer.... always makes me laugh when you hear them / Fat Sam bleating about that night.

You love to see it.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2021 17:05]

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Bolton fans still triggered by the 2000 Semis by the looks of it.... on 17:41 - Sep 10 with 1742 viewsmarchy

One Club, One Community, One Town - Notes for Bolton Wanderers by marchy 10 Sep 2021 16:03
“No one will ever convince me [the 2000 play-off semi-final second leg] wasn't fixed."

Incredible that in the age of YouTube there's still a solid core of goons who don't seem to have thought to have even a cursory look back at the highlights of that night and realise they have absolutely nothing to complain about.

Great job again Tom!

Bolton fans still triggered by the 2000 Semis by the looks of it.... on 18:49 - Sep 10 with 1596 viewsBlueBadger

Bolton fans still triggered by the 2000 Semis by the looks of it.... on 17:41 - Sep 10 by marchy

One Club, One Community, One Town - Notes for Bolton Wanderers by marchy 10 Sep 2021 16:03
“No one will ever convince me [the 2000 play-off semi-final second leg] wasn't fixed."

Incredible that in the age of YouTube there's still a solid core of goons who don't seem to have thought to have even a cursory look back at the highlights of that night and realise they have absolutely nothing to complain about.

Great job again Tom!

This is thing isn't it? They had a side more than capable of taking us on as a 'football team' but decided to try and kick us off the park. clearly mentally weak. They were beaten before they kicked a ball.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Bolton fans still triggered by the 2000 Semis by the looks of it.... on 18:52 - Sep 10 with 1579 viewsgarygboltonblue

Still very bitter ,sad people
Bolton fans still triggered by the 2000 Semis by the looks of it.... on 20:03 - Sep 10 with 1488 viewssolemio

I genuinely believe that Sam lost them that match. He sent them out ridiculously fired up. My view is that they were at least our equals but lost because of this.
Bolton fans still triggered by the 2000 Semis by the looks of it.... on 02:23 - Sep 11 with 1286 viewstextbackup

made mates with a Bolton fan on holiday last week, aged 41.... when we got talking, ITFC came up, he put face in hands "fcking jim magilton, barry knight!".... telling me how he was in his prime at that time and was a home/away weekly....

few days later I saw him sat in the shade watching his phone, waved me over..... he was watching the highlights of the PO semi. he said "actually, whatever way you look at them, they are penalties, and sendings off"

think it was that they all came in one game that they found/find it so hard to accept.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Bolton fans still triggered by the 2000 Semis by the looks of it.... on 11:34 - Sep 11 with 1066 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Bolton fans still triggered by the 2000 Semis by the looks of it.... on 20:03 - Sep 10 by solemio

I genuinely believe that Sam lost them that match. He sent them out ridiculously fired up. My view is that they were at least our equals but lost because of this.

Without Eidur Gudjohnsen they lost a bit of their edge, I'd say man for man we were very close but without Gudjohnsen we were better. Remember we finished miles ahead of them that season.

In saying that, they were the best side I saw that season at PR in the league games. We won 1-0 with a Maradona like goal from David Johnson but they were great on the ball. Jensen, Gudjohnsen and the little Danish winger were top players. Good goalkeeper, Bergsson and Fish were solid at the back, Warhurst was still a good player and Holdsworth a good centre forward.

As for the 5-3 game I actually thought we didn't play very well that night. Jensen should have ended the game with the one-on-one at 2-3. From 50 mins to 90 we created nothing and were lucky to make the final. Bolton made it hard for us with tactical fouls etc and it almost worked.

We played much better in the first leg, well at least in the second half when we outplayed them.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Bolton fans still triggered by the 2000 Semis by the looks of it.... on 11:37 - Sep 11 with 1062 viewsHerbivore

They were lucky they didn't have more players sent off. Dirty bastards.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Bolton fans still triggered by the 2000 Semis by the looks of it.... on 12:00 - Sep 11 with 1005 viewswkj

It was definitely a game where you felt the ref was on our side. I don't think a lot of the decisions he made were all that wrong, but back then - no ref would have seen/given all that they did that night - he was either a ref with superpowers, or a closet Ipswich fan.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2021 12:02]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Login to get fewer ads

Bolton fans still triggered by the 2000 Semis by the looks of it.... on 12:04 - Sep 11 with 991 viewsRyorry

Bolton fans still triggered by the 2000 Semis by the looks of it.... on 11:37 - Sep 11 by Herbivore

They were lucky they didn't have more players sent off. Dirty bastards.

Could have featured on World Wide Wrestling! They were so dirty it was almost unbelievable.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Bolton fans still triggered by the 2000 Semis by the looks of it.... on 14:24 - Sep 11 with 852 viewsstonojnr

Bolton fans still triggered by the 2000 Semis by the looks of it.... on 12:00 - Sep 11 by wkj

It was definitely a game where you felt the ref was on our side. I don't think a lot of the decisions he made were all that wrong, but back then - no ref would have seen/given all that they did that night - he was either a ref with superpowers, or a closet Ipswich fan.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2021 12:02]

you say that but their second goal came from a decision that went against Town, it should have been our ball, but Bolton took the throw in instead and Croft fouled which gave them a free kick in a goal scoring position.

and the point about those decisions on Bolton were the fouls were so blatant, how can you grab David Johnson round the neck and throw him to the ground so he couldnt challenge for the ball in the penalty area and pretend like Paul Ritchie did, he hadnt touched him,it wasnt a half grab at a shirt or a slight impeding, he suddenly thought he was the star of the WWE, had the ref not given those we'd have spent the last 20 years complaining about how bad the officials were that night for missing such blatant fouls.

Bolton lost their heads, and it wasnt that ref was favouring Town at all, Bolton were giving him very easy decisions to make, you had Whitlow kicking anyone who came near him, he even kicked out at Magilton to put him off for the 2nd penalty, which we missed btw so it worked, and why Clapham took that 3rd one, but Id argue it was favouring Bolton that he and some of their players even stayed on the pitch for 90mins at all.

the way Bolton were tackling were like the Germans in Escape to Victory.

I think the thing that rankles them about that game, and is what triggers them about it, is they know they messed it up by playing that way, but just cant admit to themselves they got the game plan wrong.

if Magilton hadnt scored that last minute equaliser to force ET I dont think theyd be complaining at all about it.
Bolton fans still triggered by the 2000 Semis by the looks of it.... on 14:48 - Sep 11 with 822 viewsmarchy

Bolton fans still triggered by the 2000 Semis by the looks of it.... on 02:23 - Sep 11 by textbackup

made mates with a Bolton fan on holiday last week, aged 41.... when we got talking, ITFC came up, he put face in hands "fcking jim magilton, barry knight!".... telling me how he was in his prime at that time and was a home/away weekly....

few days later I saw him sat in the shade watching his phone, waved me over..... he was watching the highlights of the PO semi. he said "actually, whatever way you look at them, they are penalties, and sendings off"

think it was that they all came in one game that they found/find it so hard to accept.

I think this is the thing, the players went so collectively demented and swarmed on the ref so aggressively that I think their fans either didn’t see the decisions clearly enough and assumed they were hard done by or have allowed time to rewrite history. Refreshing to see that watching it back might make some realise the error of their ways. We should broadcast the highlights at the game today!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024