Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Two weeks in the training ground showing itself then? 15:52 - Sep 11 with 1425 viewsSteve_M

That bad or unfortunate again?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Two weeks in the training ground showing itself then? on 15:54 - Sep 11 with 1397 viewsKeaneish

Not at this one but another three goals shipped is woeful. I want clean sheets.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Two weeks in the training ground showing itself then? on 15:55 - Sep 11 with 1349 viewsDubtractor

Great going forward, but an absolute car crash at the back. Really shambolic stuff.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Two weeks in the training ground showing itself then? on 15:57 - Sep 11 with 1296 viewshomer_123

I'm not watching sadly but by the sounds of it....maybe the focus has been on attacking play. Because defensively we can't have worked on anything, right?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Two weeks in the training ground showing itself then? on 16:09 - Sep 11 with 1169 viewsSteve_M

Two weeks in the training ground showing itself then? on 15:55 - Sep 11 by Dubtractor

Great going forward, but an absolute car crash at the back. Really shambolic stuff.

Basic organisational failings game after game.

Who would have thought that a kitman and an inexperienced coach might not be sufficient?

Two weeks in the training ground showing itself then? on 16:29 - Sep 11 with 1077 viewsBluefish

Two weeks in the training ground showing itself then? on 16:09 - Sep 11 by Steve_M

Basic organisational failings game after game.

Who would have thought that a kitman and an inexperienced coach might not be sufficient?

Trolls?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Two weeks in the training ground showing itself then? on 16:30 - Sep 11 with 1060 viewsDanTheMan

Two weeks in the training ground showing itself then? on 16:29 - Sep 11 by Bluefish

Trolls?

No, I think this is Chambers fault.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Two weeks in the training ground showing itself then? on 16:37 - Sep 11 with 989 viewsSteve_M

Two weeks in the training ground showing itself then? on 16:30 - Sep 11 by DanTheMan

No, I think this is Chambers fault.

Some valiant attempts to blame Wolfenden so far this season. Might struggle with that one today.

Two weeks in the training ground showing itself then? on 17:10 - Sep 11 with 905 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

They have been on the piss bonding for 2 weeks.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Login to get fewer ads

Two weeks in the training ground showing itself then? on 17:14 - Sep 11 with 855 viewschicoazul

Two weeks in the training ground showing itself then? on 15:55 - Sep 11 by Dubtractor

Hey Dubs did KVY get the hook cos he was bad or injured? Or both?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Two weeks in the training ground showing itself then? on 17:15 - Sep 11 with 849 viewscbower

4231 not working. Evans and Harper not offering protection as they both like to get forward much more than a Skuse type player.. Defence exposed every game.

bluescouser

Two weeks in the training ground showing itself then? on 17:25 - Sep 11 with 775 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Two weeks in the training ground showing itself then? on 17:15 - Sep 11 by cbower

4231 not working. Evans and Harper not offering protection as they both like to get forward much more than a Skuse type player.. Defence exposed every game.

Harper and Evans think they need a passport to cross the half way line, but they offer little or no protection to the back 4 though. Very little offensive play from either of them.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Two weeks in the training ground showing itself then? on 17:52 - Sep 11 with 711 viewsDubtractor

Two weeks in the training ground showing itself then? on 17:14 - Sep 11 by chicoazul

Hey Dubs did KVY get the hook cos he was bad or injured? Or both?

Bad. Very very bad. And booked, prior to giving away a penalty.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Two weeks in the training ground showing itself then? on 17:55 - Sep 11 with 673 viewschicoazul

Two weeks in the training ground showing itself then? on 17:52 - Sep 11 by Dubtractor

Bad. Very very bad. And booked, prior to giving away a penalty.

Thanks.
Poor begger. Clearly shot to bits after his two injuries. Seems like such a nice lad in those interviews this week too.
At least we have my man Janoi!

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Two weeks in the training ground showing itself then? on 17:56 - Sep 11 with 665 viewsJDB23

Two weeks in the training ground showing itself then? on 15:57 - Sep 11 by homer_123

I'm not watching sadly but by the sounds of it....maybe the focus has been on attacking play. Because defensively we can't have worked on anything, right?

The issue is just before the break Cook said "we all know what the problem is so we'll be working on that" or something along those lines. If that is them working on defensive shape and structure then we should all pack up now because we'll be conceding 3/4 every game. Who in that coaching setup knows how to organise a defence? Did none of them analyse Bolton's strength and plan accordingly? Absolutely woeful.
Two weeks in the training ground showing itself then? on 17:57 - Sep 11 with 642 viewschrismakin

Two weeks in the training ground showing itself then? on 17:25 - Sep 11 by StochesStotasBlewe

Harper and Evans think they need a passport to cross the half way line, but they offer little or no protection to the back 4 though. Very little offensive play from either of them.

This is the weirdest thing about it all

Evans - known for attacking, switching play, hitting it from 25-30 yards, getting heavily involved.. nothing for us

harper, known for getting forward, taking on a few players, spraying it around, tracking back, tackling..... nothing for us

We've got a great solid bunch of individuals, but not doing what they are known for as players.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Two weeks in the training ground showing itself then? on 18:03 - Sep 11 with 600 viewsSteve_M

Two weeks in the training ground showing itself then? on 17:57 - Sep 11 by chrismakin

This is the weirdest thing about it all

Evans - known for attacking, switching play, hitting it from 25-30 yards, getting heavily involved.. nothing for us

harper, known for getting forward, taking on a few players, spraying it around, tracking back, tackling..... nothing for us

We've got a great solid bunch of individuals, but not doing what they are known for as players.

Maybe players, like managers, actually need to deliver in their reputations.

Two weeks in the training ground showing itself then? on 18:23 - Sep 11 with 535 viewsLankHenners

It's not particularly clear what we're trying to do off the ball and it doesn't look like the players really know either. Bolton had Isgrove and Afolayan pushed right to the edge of the pitch and our full backs had no idea whether they should be going out to them or staying narrow, and whichever one they chose it was mis-timed and there was rarely a midfielder covering the empty space.

Just real basic defensive shape work that doesn't look like it's been done. The players clearly have talent and showcase it in individual moments but collectively it looks a mess.

One worry I had with Cook was that he was going to put his/our efforts into attacking patterns which is all well and good but is seriously, destructively undermined by giving the opposition so much space and time in our own defensive third. It's very Paul Jewell

The defensive plan genuinely looks like 'just attack and rely on individual battles being won to stop the opposition scoring'. There's not really a collective press, and what pressure that is applied cools off pretty quickly, and there's not much of a drive from the midfield to get back and limit spaces or have bodies sitting back to prevent easy counters.

I see Cook is pinning all his hopes on Morsy now. He's good but I doubt he's good enough to single-handedly sort out all our problems.

Tl;dr - we're not going to get any better if we don't sort out how to defend properly.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024