Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That's it I'm done 16:12 - Sep 11 with 4512 viewsN2_Blue

I've lost my support for Cook.

I'm not going full on vocal Cook out, but I'd be happy if the club are now considering a change.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

That's it I'm done on 16:13 - Sep 11 with 3328 viewschrismakin

Agree.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

That's it I'm done on 16:14 - Sep 11 with 3325 viewsBlueBadger

He needs wins and a lot of them this month, otherwise we're staring another failed season in the face.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2021 16:14]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

That's it I'm done on 16:14 - Sep 11 with 3309 viewsblueprint

I can’t see how anyone can back him now. Did nothing last season and now he has his own team he still can’t muster a decent performance.
That's it I'm done on 16:16 - Sep 11 with 3236 viewsMerseyBlue

You won't be the only one, but my question to anyone who feels the same is - who next?

I'm not getting to see anywhere near as much of us as I have become used to in recent years but however bad it is, I really do think it's too soon.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

That's it I'm done on 16:16 - Sep 11 with 3232 viewshomer_123

That's it I'm done on 16:14 - Sep 11 by BlueBadger

He needs wins and a lot of them this month, otherwise we're staring another failed season in the face.

We'll probably stuff West Hams U21s and everyone will think we've turned a corner....

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

That's it I'm done on 16:16 - Sep 11 with 3193 viewsDanTheMan

That's it I'm done on 16:16 - Sep 11 by homer_123

We'll probably stuff West Hams U21s and everyone will think we've turned a corner....

Honestly at this point we just need to get any sort of run going, so I'd take it.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

That's it I'm done on 16:16 - Sep 11 with 3187 viewshomer_123

That's it I'm done on 16:16 - Sep 11 by MerseyBlue

You won't be the only one, but my question to anyone who feels the same is - who next?

I'm not getting to see anywhere near as much of us as I have become used to in recent years but however bad it is, I really do think it's too soon.

What could Mick do with this lot¿

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

That's it I'm done on 16:16 - Sep 11 with 3194 viewsBlueBadger

That's it I'm done on 16:14 - Sep 11 by blueprint

I can’t see how anyone can back him now. Did nothing last season and now he has his own team he still can’t muster a decent performance.

It is definitely starting to look like the players were not the sole and only reason for our utter collapse last season.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Login to get fewer ads

That's it I'm done on 16:17 - Sep 11 with 3144 viewsN2_Blue

That's it I'm done on 16:14 - Sep 11 by blueprint

I can't back him any more, the manner of the goals we score and he shows zero mangerial ability. Two weeks together concded 3 goals in 45 mins at home
half time team talk - concede 2 mins after restart.

What is he doing/saying?

It's no good, it's not working.

That's it I'm done on 16:17 - Sep 11 with 3126 viewsBlueBadger

That's it I'm done on 16:16 - Sep 11 by DanTheMan

Honestly at this point we just need to get any sort of run going, so I'd take it.

At this point, a lucky 1-0 with the proverbial 'in off someone's arse' in the 90th minute is desperately needed to get that monkey off the back.

That's it I'm done on 16:19 - Sep 11 with 3027 viewsblueprint

That's it I'm done on 16:14 - Sep 11 by BlueBadger

He needs wins soon as we could seriously be involved in a relegation fight . While that may seem a little OTT nothing up until now can convince me otherwise .
That's it I'm done on 16:20 - Sep 11 with 3000 viewsphillev231069

Likewise I'm finished with him now after that 5th goal!
That's it I'm done on 16:20 - Sep 11 with 3000 viewsN2_Blue

That's it I'm done on 16:17 - Sep 11 by BlueBadger

At this point, a lucky 1-0 with the proverbial 'in off someone's arse' in the 90th minute is desperately needed to get that monkey off the back.

but that pretty much happened with hurst, the flukey win over Swansea.

We need a convicing win to show somthing has changed next game, not a lucky win because it bounced off someone's ass

That's it I'm done on 16:20 - Sep 11 with 2966 viewsStewart27

Yep.

Cook has served up the lowest of lows on the pitch in my town supporting life and I don’t think we’ve hit rock bottom with him yet.
That's it I'm done on 16:23 - Sep 11 with 2878 viewsN2_Blue

Screw that! I'm getting vocal. This is pathetic. Cook out for me

That's it I'm done on 16:26 - Sep 11 with 2755 viewsNthsuffolkblue

That's it I'm done on 16:23 - Sep 11 by N2_Blue

Screw that! I'm getting vocal. This is pathetic. Cook out for me

He seems unable to organise and motivate this team. He was not brought here by the current owners either (regardless of what they say about him being at the top of their list).

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

That's it I'm done on 16:26 - Sep 11 with 2744 viewsitfctilidie

have to agree. Cook and this coaching team have had 2 weeks to sort out this defence and this is shambolic
That's it I'm done on 16:29 - Sep 11 with 2635 viewsTrequartista

I would give him more time if he was new this season, but last season’s run now tips the balance against him. He has neglected the defence and his words from last season now ring hollow. He is basically Paul Jewell. His time has been and gone.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

That's it I'm done on 16:31 - Sep 11 with 2577 viewsOjc

That's it I'm done on 16:29 - Sep 11 by Trequartista

I would give him more time if he was new this season, but last season’s run now tips the balance against him. He has neglected the defence and his words from last season now ring hollow. He is basically Paul Jewell. His time has been and gone.

Agree, that’s what has bothered me since season started how badly we finished and continued to do so.

Cooks time here is finished.
That's it I'm done on 16:31 - Sep 11 with 2559 viewsThe_Major

That's it I'm done on 16:16 - Sep 11 by MerseyBlue

I'm not sure who'd want to come to us. We seem to be gaining a reputation as a managerial graveyard. Since Sir Bob got the England gig, I'm struggling to think of any manager since who went on to better things after they left us. I mean, Burley managed another Premier League team and got the Scotland job, but that's pushing it.

We're a career killer!
That's it I'm done on 16:31 - Sep 11 with 2549 viewsMerseyBlue

That's it I'm done on 16:16 - Sep 11 by homer_123

What could Mick do with this lot¿

Indeed, although I would live in fear that he'd bring Jonathan Douglas out of retirement...

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

That's it I'm done on 16:34 - Sep 11 with 2467 viewsN2_Blue

That's it I'm done on 16:31 - Sep 11 by Ojc

Agree, that’s what has bothered me since season started how badly we finished and continued to do so.

Cooks time here is finished.

I basically ignored last season, because i bought into te whole players had downed tools and they looked so bad i couldn't lay responsibility with PC.

But i was wrong.

His whole tenure he has been an utter disater and it looks like he is going to ruin the best new chance the club has had since Roy Keane!

That's it I'm done on 16:37 - Sep 11 with 2405 viewsBlueAllOver

That's it I'm done on 16:31 - Sep 11 by MerseyBlue

Indeed, although I would live in fear that he'd bring Jonathan Douglas out of retirement...

Despite all the signings it looks like our biggest failing was not getting Richardson in, Cooks good things would now appear more down to his assistant than anything else. He looked a good appointment Cook but you can't let this go on much longer or the season will be gone. There must be a Management Team out there who could get a tune out of this squad, but before so long playoffs will be our only hope.
That's it I'm done on 16:38 - Sep 11 with 2360 viewschrismakin

That's it I'm done on 16:34 - Sep 11 by N2_Blue

I basically ignored last season, because i bought into te whole players had downed tools and they looked so bad i couldn't lay responsibility with PC.

But i was wrong.

His whole tenure he has been an utter disater and it looks like he is going to ruin the best new chance the club has had since Roy Keane!

I'm with you, I felt you had to see the season as new.

So I treated it no different to Hurst time here And the fact today we've gone 10 steps backwards after 2 weeks of training, I can't see how this can turn positive

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

That's it I'm done on 16:47 - Sep 11 with 2257 viewsMerseyBlue

That's it I'm done on 16:37 - Sep 11 by BlueAllOver

Despite all the signings it looks like our biggest failing was not getting Richardson in, Cooks good things would now appear more down to his assistant than anything else. He looked a good appointment Cook but you can't let this go on much longer or the season will be gone. There must be a Management Team out there who could get a tune out of this squad, but before so long playoffs will be our only hope.

I agree about Richardson, I wonder if the club might make an AM appointment rather than pull the trigger. Probably not as if they then sack Cook in a few weeks time then they may have another man to pay off.

I agree that things need to improve in a huge way very soon, but I think there is a lot of overreaction for what is looking like a pretty humbling defeat. The pressure is undoubtedly rising but he has until at least the end of the month. Worth remembering that we will still have 40 games left after today and whilst it means we have less room for error going forward, it's still not the death sentence it being made out to be.

Cook was never my preference as replacement for Lambert but I still believe he deserves a chance to turn things around for a few weeks yet.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024