Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joking aside...a display like this does make you appreciate 16:38 - Sep 11 with 2956 viewshomer_123

that Mick really did get the basics right.

Yes...he had to go. He's got unfinished business here though....I'd have him back in a heartbeat.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Joking aside...a display like this does make you appreciate on 16:45 - Sep 11 with 2152 viewsN2_Blue

Mick wouldn't come anywhere near here now

Don't think he ever felt that close to the club.

I actually hated watchig the football under Mcarthy.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Joking aside...a display like this does make you appreciate on 16:45 - Sep 11 with 2147 viewsbackinbeige

Definitely. Anyone who disagrees needs to swallow their pride. Plays offs in the Championship, can you even imagine that now?

RVRB: https://app.rvrb.one/channels/have-guitar-will-listen - Listen to music when WFH, set your own music to DJ and find new recommendations from others

Joking aside...a display like this does make you appreciate on 16:47 - Sep 11 with 2116 viewshomer_123

Joking aside...a display like this does make you appreciate on 16:45 - Sep 11 by N2_Blue

Mick wouldn't come anywhere near here now

Don't think he ever felt that close to the club.

I actually hated watchig the football under Mcarthy.

Yep...the football turned turgid....no question. But we've never performed better since.

As you say...he wouldn't anyway but my point stands.

At the very least...we were organised...cohesive....had a plan and played as a unit....that gives you a fighting chance.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Joking aside...a display like this does make you appreciate on 16:52 - Sep 11 with 2045 views44_not_out

Joking aside...a display like this does make you appreciate on 16:47 - Sep 11 by homer_123

Yep...the football turned turgid....no question. But we've never performed better since.

As you say...he wouldn't anyway but my point stands.

At the very least...we were organised...cohesive....had a plan and played as a unit....that gives you a fighting chance.

I’m sure there’s a phrase that goes ‘be careful what you…. can’t remember the rest

There’s been all those new grounds though
Joking aside...a display like this does make you appreciate on 16:55 - Sep 11 with 1997 viewsSteve_M

Remember when he was ‘holding us back’?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Joking aside...a display like this does make you appreciate on 16:58 - Sep 11 with 1937 viewsMullet

Joking aside...a display like this does make you appreciate on 16:55 - Sep 11 by Steve_M

Remember when he was ‘holding us back’?

Yeah, from the brink. Like they were all told despite knowing better.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Joking aside...a display like this does make you appreciate on 16:58 - Sep 11 with 1940 viewsJ2BLUE

Joking aside...a display like this does make you appreciate on 16:52 - Sep 11 by 44_not_out

I’m sure there’s a phrase that goes ‘be careful what you…. can’t remember the rest

There’s been all those new grounds though

Just because it has gone wrong since MM left doesn't mean we were wrong to get rid. It was time. I'm tired of a few on here acting like it was some sort of glory period. We were first division Stoke. We used to take the piss out of Stoke in the Prem for how they went about things yet some keep trying to suggest it was brilliant here under MM. It was toxic at the end.

Very good manager who everyone should look back on fondly but it was equally as sh1t.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Joking aside...a display like this does make you appreciate on 16:59 - Sep 11 with 1905 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Joking aside...a display like this does make you appreciate on 16:45 - Sep 11 by backinbeige

Definitely. Anyone who disagrees needs to swallow their pride. Plays offs in the Championship, can you even imagine that now?

We need another manager like him. Someone who will come in and put the basics right. Turn us from relegation candidates (another 7-10 matches on this form and we would be the relegation certainties we were when MM came in) into a solid side.

Could Dyer with a good team around him be the man? I think it more likely the owners will look for an experienced head like MM was.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

Joking aside...a display like this does make you appreciate on 17:00 - Sep 11 with 1878 viewsMullet

Joking aside...a display like this does make you appreciate on 16:58 - Sep 11 by J2BLUE

Just because it has gone wrong since MM left doesn't mean we were wrong to get rid. It was time. I'm tired of a few on here acting like it was some sort of glory period. We were first division Stoke. We used to take the piss out of Stoke in the Prem for how they went about things yet some keep trying to suggest it was brilliant here under MM. It was toxic at the end.

Very good manager who everyone should look back on fondly but it was equally as sh1t.

It was toxic because people were deluded and blind to anything but their own entitlement and prejudices.

Even since they've all been proved wrong time and again in interviews and simple observations. Given they refused to acknowledge the restrictions placed on MM and opted for personal abuse etc. the hypocrisy since is far more toxic.

There's no joy in that either, unlike those that abused him so.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Joking aside...a display like this does make you appreciate on 17:01 - Sep 11 with 1878 viewsThe_Last_Baron

The football under McCarthy was terrible. Boring. I'd rather have this. I think he first and foremost saw it as a job. I doubt he has any great love for Town, could be wrong but that's the feeling I get.

Has he ever returned to the club for a visit?

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Joking aside...a display like this does make you appreciate on 17:01 - Sep 11 with 1859 views44_not_out

Joking aside...a display like this does make you appreciate on 16:58 - Sep 11 by J2BLUE

You keep telling yourself that
Joking aside...a display like this does make you appreciate on 17:01 - Sep 11 with 1837 viewsbackinbeige

You’re in luck because we’re currently in the League One relegation zone and on course to be playing slick, passing, total football in League Two

RVRB: https://app.rvrb.one/channels/have-guitar-will-listen - Listen to music when WFH, set your own music to DJ and find new recommendations from others

Joking aside...a display like this does make you appreciate on 17:02 - Sep 11 with 1831 viewstimothyeo

It was on a different planet watching us under Mick to watching us now.

1) We were a division higher

2) We actually won games

3) We had a level of tactical nous to our game
Joking aside...a display like this does make you appreciate on 17:02 - Sep 11 with 1828 viewsHighgateBlue

It was only toxic because of how supposed fans behaved towards a manager who was punching above our weight in terms of finances.

It wasn't a glory period, but it was punching above our weight in terms of finances. That's all you can really wish for a decent manager to achieve. We've not had much luck on that score since.
Joking aside...a display like this does make you appreciate on 17:02 - Sep 11 with 1819 views44_not_out

Joking aside...a display like this does make you appreciate on 17:01 - Sep 11 by The_Last_Baron

The football under McCarthy was terrible. Boring. I'd rather have this. I think he first and foremost saw it as a job. I doubt he has any great love for Town, could be wrong but that's the feeling I get.

You’d rather have this……. Speechless
Joking aside...a display like this does make you appreciate on 17:03 - Sep 11 with 1800 viewsJ2BLUE

Joking aside...a display like this does make you appreciate on 17:01 - Sep 11 by 44_not_out

You keep telling yourself that

Happy being division one Stoke were you? Grinding out survival each season under that clown Evans?

Even if Cook is the wrong man at least we now have the structure in place to achieve something.

Truly impaired.

Joking aside...a display like this does make you appreciate on 17:03 - Sep 11 with 1797 viewsKeaneish

Completely agree on the first point. It’s the first thing he did when he came in and was the bedrock of the sides stability.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Joking aside...a display like this does make you appreciate on 17:04 - Sep 11 with 1756 viewstimothyeo

Joking aside...a display like this does make you appreciate on 17:03 - Sep 11 by J2BLUE

Happy being division one Stoke were you? Grinding out survival each season under that clown Evans?

Even if Cook is the wrong man at least we now have the structure in place to achieve something.

People thought we had the structure in place to achieve something when Evans came in. Until we didn't.
Joking aside...a display like this does make you appreciate on 17:05 - Sep 11 with 1739 viewsJ2BLUE

Joking aside...a display like this does make you appreciate on 17:01 - Sep 11 by backinbeige

You’re in luck because we’re currently in the League One relegation zone and on course to be playing slick, passing, total football in League Two

Yea we'll definitely go down.

Truly impaired.

Joking aside...a display like this does make you appreciate on 17:06 - Sep 11 with 1723 views44_not_out

Joking aside...a display like this does make you appreciate on 17:03 - Sep 11 by J2BLUE

No one mentioned Evans in the OP

Wake me up when this ‘structure’ kicks in
Joking aside...a display like this does make you appreciate on 17:06 - Sep 11 with 1712 viewsBlueBadger

Joking aside...a display like this does make you appreciate on 17:01 - Sep 11 by The_Last_Baron

Mate, he's not even bothering to buy beer to say sorry for the Improved Performances.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Joking aside...a display like this does make you appreciate on 17:07 - Sep 11 with 1684 viewsJ2BLUE

Joking aside...a display like this does make you appreciate on 17:06 - Sep 11 by 44_not_out

No one mentioned Evans in the OP

Wake me up when this ‘structure’ kicks in

Clearly you all need to vent and aren't capable of talking about things like an adult.

Truly impaired.

Joking aside...a display like this does make you appreciate on 17:07 - Sep 11 with 1681 viewsRyorry

Joking aside...a display like this does make you appreciate on 17:02 - Sep 11 by HighgateBlue

It was only toxic because of how supposed fans behaved towards a manager who was punching above our weight in terms of finances.

It wasn't a glory period, but it was punching above our weight in terms of finances. That's all you can really wish for a decent manager to achieve. We've not had much luck on that score since.

I genuinely can't remember - which came first, him telling us to eff off, or our fans turning on him? I'm only referring to the 'normal' football chanting btw, not to the 'paedo' chants which were utterly disgraceful & inexcusable.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Joking aside...a display like this does make you appreciate on 17:12 - Sep 11 with 1612 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Joking aside...a display like this does make you appreciate on 17:05 - Sep 11 by J2BLUE

Yea we'll definitely go down.

How much longer would you allow this to continue before that is a serious prospect?

The way we played today is an indication we are in big trouble.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Joking aside...a display like this does make you appreciate on 17:13 - Sep 11 with 1591 viewsDarth_Koont

Oooh divisive. But you’re absolutely right so they’ll just have to deal with it.

I wouldn’t have him back but that’s more because it would be awful hearing the same old nonsense again. We’d be screwed even before we started.

I do still like Cook’s attacking ambitions but maybe a McJunior defensive assistant would sort a lot of issues out.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024