Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cook: P24 W4 16:53 - Sep 11 with 826 viewsWickwar_Blue

The last time I questioned whether Cook was the right man for the job I was asked what level of football I had played at.

I really want it to work out for him. But the only thing the Demolition Man is demolishing is his own reputation at the moment.

I thought the alarm bells were ringing from the moment he so publicly threw last year’s squad under the bus. This season things have got in some ways better but we won’t stay in the league (yet alone go up) by playing more attractive football and conceding 5 at home.

Time is running out in more ways than one.
Cook: P24 W4 on 16:59 - Sep 11 with 732 viewsblueprint

Last season he put all the blame on players that were not his. He now has his own side so surely he can’t blame them now?

He obviously can’t manage without a decent number 2 .
Cook: P24 W4 on 17:01 - Sep 11 with 683 viewsNthsuffolkblue

To be fair, as disappointing it was that Gill had reignited our promotion push only for Cook to extinguish it, I allowed him the public destruction of that squad. I now recognise I was wrong. He is unable to man manage this squad effectively. We need a manager who can organise a team.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Cook: P24 W4 on 17:04 - Sep 11 with 644 viewstimothyeo

It was clear last season he struggled in multiple different areas, but our fans decided to ignore it and make out he was the messiah, giving him full reign to dump our entire squad which was apparently to blame.

Last years squad, despite its own problems, would have started the season better than this. Assuming Cook wasn't manager of course.
Cook: P24 W4 on 17:09 - Sep 11 with 584 viewsRobTheMonk

He's done the impossible and made us worse than the latter time of Lambert.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2021 17:09]
Cook: P24 W4 on 17:24 - Sep 11 with 440 viewsTexaco73

Regardless of Cook's previous successes, what matters is here and now.

Sadly, Cook and his coaching team are not getting the performances here.
Some people just don't workout. Doesn't mean he is a rubbish manager now.
It just isn't happening here.

I'd be more than happy to see a change and get someone else in.
TBH I just don't warm to him based upon his interviews. He comes across as a bit of a tool IMO.

Anyway, I have faith in O'Leary et al.
They will have a much better view of the problems and I believe they will act rapidly if things don't improve very quickly.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024