Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
COOK OUT 17:12 - Sep 11 with 1221 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

I backed him last season.. said he should get a good run this year. 6 games no wins with an easy run is not good enough. Especially as I don’t believe we have shown any improvement. We cannot let this season go to waste.

2 weeks on training field and we come out with that.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2021 17:13]

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

COOK OUT on 17:38 - Sep 11 with 1131 viewsbilllm

Look where Liam is, yes had enough of talk cook out,
COOK OUT on 17:51 - Sep 11 with 1086 viewsOldboy

Still a bit early for that, but he needs to turn things around very quickly. It has to be permanently, not just a little run of 2 wins in 5. He has no excuses. This is his squad, his team, his responsibility. I hope he can do it.
COOK OUT on 08:16 - Sep 29 with 950 viewsMaySixth

Morning

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

COOK OUT on 08:19 - Sep 29 with 918 viewsHerbivore

COOK OUT on 08:16 - Sep 29 by MaySixth

Morning

If Cook's very poor first 25 games here was too soon to judge then I'd say one very good win is definitely too soon to start making out that those with concerns were wrong to be concerned.

Stop being a nob and bumping old threads and try and enjoy our biggest win in years without goading your fellow fans.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

COOK OUT on 08:25 - Sep 29 with 888 viewsWallingford_Boy

COOK OUT on 08:16 - Sep 29 by MaySixth

Morning

Wow.... and the sad poster of the year award goes to......

RIP Sir Bobby

COOK OUT on 08:28 - Sep 29 with 860 viewsOsborneOneNil

COOK OUT on 08:19 - Sep 29 by Herbivore

If Cook's very poor first 25 games here was too soon to judge then I'd say one very good win is definitely too soon to start making out that those with concerns were wrong to be concerned.

Stop being a nob and bumping old threads and try and enjoy our biggest win in years without goading your fellow fans.

Agreed, Herb.

However, let’s look at this at a decent run of 3 games, 7 points from 9, rather than one good win v bottom of the league. Think that’s fair too.
COOK OUT on 08:33 - Sep 29 with 841 viewsHerbivore

COOK OUT on 08:28 - Sep 29 by OsborneOneNil

Agreed, Herb.

However, let’s look at this at a decent run of 3 games, 7 points from 9, rather than one good win v bottom of the league. Think that’s fair too.

Yes, that's fair. Three decent results in a row now and the key is to use that as a platform for a longer good run and ultimately a successful season. We're still a way off that yet but at least things are going in the right direction now.

COOK OUT on 08:43 - Sep 29 with 786 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

COOK OUT on 08:19 - Sep 29 by Herbivore

"those with concerns" is a bit different to "COOK OUT."

Plenty of you would be crowing you were right if Cook were sacked so I think it's perfectly justified for those of us who were saying give him time were able to give a bit back now it's starting to click.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Login to get fewer ads

COOK OUT on 08:58 - Sep 29 with 738 viewsblueysbackside

COOK OUT on 08:43 - Sep 29 by The_Flashing_Smile

"those with concerns" is a bit different to "COOK OUT."

Plenty of you would be crowing you were right if Cook were sacked so I think it's perfectly justified for those of us who were saying give him time were able to give a bit back now it's starting to click.

Well said.
COOK OUT on 09:26 - Sep 29 with 679 viewsfab_lover

COOK OUT on 08:58 - Sep 29 by blueysbackside

Well said.

I'm far from a frequent poster here, but I have expressed a lot of concern about Paul Cook, which I think was fair enough given how few points we've picked up since he joined us.

I'm a lot more than "happy" about what happened last night. However I felt it fairly significant that Cook himself pointed out this was a side who are bottom who'd spent most of the past 96 hours travelling.

There is still a mountain to climb to get to where we should be with this squad in the table. The fact there is that mountain to climb has to be laid at Cook's door. I hope we can climb it, and we should be able to, but there's very little margin for error, or for circumstance such as international duty / recall of our top goalscorer / injuries / sheer bad luck.

I will be the first to "recant" and say I was very wrong about Cook if we climb that mountain and at least reach the play-offs; but all we did last night was complete the easiest leg from base camp; we won't be playing the bottom-placed team who'd done such much travelling every game from now on.
COOK OUT on 09:44 - Sep 29 with 631 viewsWilbrahamBlue

COOK OUT on 09:26 - Sep 29 by fab_lover

I'm far from a frequent poster here, but I have expressed a lot of concern about Paul Cook, which I think was fair enough given how few points we've picked up since he joined us.

I'm a lot more than "happy" about what happened last night. However I felt it fairly significant that Cook himself pointed out this was a side who are bottom who'd spent most of the past 96 hours travelling.

There is still a mountain to climb to get to where we should be with this squad in the table. The fact there is that mountain to climb has to be laid at Cook's door. I hope we can climb it, and we should be able to, but there's very little margin for error, or for circumstance such as international duty / recall of our top goalscorer / injuries / sheer bad luck.

I will be the first to "recant" and say I was very wrong about Cook if we climb that mountain and at least reach the play-offs; but all we did last night was complete the easiest leg from base camp; we won't be playing the bottom-placed team who'd done such much travelling every game from now on.

"mountain to climb"?....9 points off top 2 / 7 points off play offs at the end of September? Amongst the top scorers in league, defence tightened up conceded 1 in 3 games....

Could be in the play off positions in less than 2 weeks!
COOK OUT on 09:53 - Sep 29 with 596 viewsHerbivore

COOK OUT on 09:44 - Sep 29 by WilbrahamBlue

"mountain to climb"?....9 points off top 2 / 7 points off play offs at the end of September? Amongst the top scorers in league, defence tightened up conceded 1 in 3 games....

Could be in the play off positions in less than 2 weeks!

I would wager we won't be though as that would require many of the teams above us to not pick up any points. Making ground on bottom half sides is easier as they aren't winning regularly themselves, gaps to teams in good form are harder to close. We need excellent form for the rest of the season to make the top 2 now. 2 points a game from here would see us finish with 84 points, which would likely see us missing out on automatic promotion. 2 points a game would usually see us win the league if sustained over a full season. We now need not too far off the fabled 100 points, 100 goals form if we want to guarantee automatic promotion.

COOK OUT on 10:09 - Sep 29 with 562 viewsWilbrahamBlue

COOK OUT on 09:53 - Sep 29 by Herbivore

I would wager we won't be though as that would require many of the teams above us to not pick up any points. Making ground on bottom half sides is easier as they aren't winning regularly themselves, gaps to teams in good form are harder to close. We need excellent form for the rest of the season to make the top 2 now. 2 points a game from here would see us finish with 84 points, which would likely see us missing out on automatic promotion. 2 points a game would usually see us win the league if sustained over a full season. We now need not too far off the fabled 100 points, 100 goals form if we want to guarantee automatic promotion.

Fair points no doubt.

Game in hand on 10 of the 12 teams between us and the play offs, many of these teams had adverse results last night too. With our upcoming fixtures the opportunity to get in to the play off places by end of October has to be Cooks aim. Hopefully at that point we are no more than say, a 3-result swing away from top 2? Sunderland's form has been fantastic but you would hope/expect a slight dip or bad patch. Wigan can be beaten, Sunderland seem to have some swagger atm, an air of a successful season.

Yes, we have likely left ourselves too much to do for top two and early season form will probably end up being the reason. But we are where we are and Cook has a track record of decent size runs of good form, once he gets the team going.
COOK OUT on 10:16 - Sep 29 with 510 viewsHerbivore

COOK OUT on 10:09 - Sep 29 by WilbrahamBlue

Fair points no doubt.

Game in hand on 10 of the 12 teams between us and the play offs, many of these teams had adverse results last night too. With our upcoming fixtures the opportunity to get in to the play off places by end of October has to be Cooks aim. Hopefully at that point we are no more than say, a 3-result swing away from top 2? Sunderland's form has been fantastic but you would hope/expect a slight dip or bad patch. Wigan can be beaten, Sunderland seem to have some swagger atm, an air of a successful season.

Yes, we have likely left ourselves too much to do for top two and early season form will probably end up being the reason. But we are where we are and Cook has a track record of decent size runs of good form, once he gets the team going.

I wouldn't rule out us going up automatically still purely because our squad on paper really is THAT good that it could go on the kind of run needed. It'll be a tough ask but it's still doable. It's such a shame that we ballsed up the opening 6 games so badly, it's not even the Bolton debacle but more the absolute gifts we gave to the likes of Morecambe, Cheltenham, and the two Dons that really hurt us. Another 4 or 5 points on the board from those games and we'd only be a couple of points off the play offs and not all that far from the top 2 either.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024