Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just one year. That was all I wanted. One year. 17:13 - Sep 11 with 2494 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

One year of some success, some wins and ultimately promotion. In 20 years of supporting this club and spending Saturdays getting a train for hours on end to even get to Portman Road. Plus all those wasted away days up north.

But no. It just never happens.

I literally just wanted to believe. When we can’t even have a year of success down in League 1 and it’s still as miserable and as painful as ever, I’ve lost all faith. I’d rather spend my Saturdays at the best racing Britain has to offer than the misery of this football club.

As for the match, that was the worst defensive display I’ve seen from any team ever. Including Germany’s against Brazil (7-1) and Southampton’s against Leicester (9-0). Far too much space. Far too much time. Bolton walked rings around us and I honestly don’t know if our lads even cared that it was happening. No urgency, no desire, no heart. And then to sum it all up, Cook brings on Jackson - a player he forced to train in the under 23s for the last year.

In many many years of lows, we’ve now reached a new painful plummet.. Even with new owners signingexciting players, we still find a way to distinguish all hope of anything even remotely near success. I used to be the optimist.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Just one year. That was all I wanted. One year. on 17:16 - Sep 11 with 2198 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

I feel the pain Rommy. I said similar to my mate leaving the ground. Just wanted something to get excited for.

I actually had the chance to go to Doncaster today. Should’ve took it.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Just one year. That was all I wanted. One year. on 17:21 - Sep 11 with 2124 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Just one year. That was all I wanted. One year. on 17:16 - Sep 11 by TRUE_BLUE123

I feel the pain Rommy. I said similar to my mate leaving the ground. Just wanted something to get excited for.

I actually had the chance to go to Doncaster today. Should’ve took it.

I’ve avoided the result all day so please don’t say it! I’m on HL antepost.

I don’t know why I keep putting myself through it in the hope of seeing something positive. At 3-2 down at halftime, I sat there considering Lincoln next week ffs. Why? Why do I do this to myself and then moan afterwards? It’s the definition of insanity

Just one year. That was all I wanted. One year. on 17:26 - Sep 11 with 2082 viewsJDB23

Yep same here mate. Truly truly dreadful, they can't even let us have 5 minutes of hope. 2 full weeks to prepare for that game and that is what is served up? Has to be one of the worst displays of coaching I've ever seen.

Don't want to slate the players too much, a few of them looked decent but they have absolutely no direction. Cook has to the end of this month to turn this around but currently I have non hope what so ever. This is all I know as an Ipswich fan, almost numb to it now.
Just one year. That was all I wanted. One year. on 17:27 - Sep 11 with 2065 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Just one year. That was all I wanted. One year. on 17:21 - Sep 11 by The_Romford_Blue

I’ve avoided the result all day so please don’t say it! I’m on HL antepost.

I don’t know why I keep putting myself through it in the hope of seeing something positive. At 3-2 down at halftime, I sat there considering Lincoln next week ffs. Why? Why do I do this to myself and then moan afterwards? It’s the definition of insanity

No spoilers from me.

It’s crazy isn’t it. I will walk out of Sincil Bank and be angry at how the midfield was so poor and Defence looked a shambles.

I don’t believe in curses, but in a few games time, I may genuinely
Believe that the club is just cursed. Especially with Richardson doing so well at Wigan and Cook the apparent main man failing so badly. What on earth is happening.

Where do you sit on Cook rn ??

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Just one year. That was all I wanted. One year. on 17:30 - Sep 11 with 2034 viewsTractorCam

Me too mate. Crazy to think there are generations who have celebrated success in Europe and the FA Cup, and some that have seen us win the top flight.

Then there's ours, where in 19 years of going to games my highlight is beating Arsenal in a League Cup semi final. Every time you get hope, it comes crashing down worse than it was before.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Just one year. That was all I wanted. One year. on 17:34 - Sep 11 with 1978 viewsSwansea_Blue

Yep, just something to enjoy after years of sh*te. Is it really that much to ask.

I’m in the camp yet to cast judgement on Cook as this reset will need a bit of time. But today is stretching my patience. I’m only really reserving judgement as this was the first game of the season I’ve not seen. You can’t go shipping 5 goals though. Not after all the support he’s been given. He’s rapidly becoming the worse manager in modern times after Hurst.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Just one year. That was all I wanted. One year. on 17:34 - Sep 11 with 1978 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Just one year. That was all I wanted. One year. on 17:27 - Sep 11 by TRUE_BLUE123

No spoilers from me.

It’s crazy isn’t it. I will walk out of Sincil Bank and be angry at how the midfield was so poor and Defence looked a shambles.

I don’t believe in curses, but in a few games time, I may genuinely
Believe that the club is just cursed. Especially with Richardson doing so well at Wigan and Cook the apparent main man failing so badly. What on earth is happening.

Where do you sit on Cook rn ??

I’m kind of still where I was two weeks ago after Wimbledon. It’s a mess right now but it’s a mess we’ve put ourselves in by giving Cook the license to spend big (my source told me something about that at the game today and no wonder we’ve nicked players off championship clubs ffs). So if we get rid of cook now, we’ve got half a squad who openly admit they’ve signed to play under cook. So it would be a new manager getting to know new players who also themselves are trying to get used to each other amidst a crisis of confidence. It just wouldn’t be good.

That’s not to say it won’t be required soon as we can’t keep defending like this. It’s as bad as I’ve ever seen it defensively. Every corner opponents look like scoring. Not a single person in the ground against Wimbledon was surprised when they scored that 95th minute corner a fortnight ago. I’d say for now we keep him and just pray that he’s as good a coach as many thought he was before he came to us. But if we keep defending like this, there’s no other option but to pull the plugs

I’ve lost hope either way. Whether it be cook or a new bloke, it’ll never change. New owner, new manager, new players. Same Ipswich.

Just one year. That was all I wanted. One year. on 17:35 - Sep 11 with 1959 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Just one year. That was all I wanted. One year. on 17:34 - Sep 11 by Swansea_Blue

Yep, just something to enjoy after years of sh*te. Is it really that much to ask.

I’m in the camp yet to cast judgement on Cook as this reset will need a bit of time. But today is stretching my patience. I’m only really reserving judgement as this was the first game of the season I’ve not seen. You can’t go shipping 5 goals though. Not after all the support he’s been given. He’s rapidly becoming the worse manager in modern times after Hurst.

As you know bud, I’ve always been the optimist.

So believe me when I say that if we defend like today against any team in the league, we’d concede 4 at the very least every time. Bolton could’ve genuinely had 10. Just the most embarrassing defensive display I’ve ever seen.

Login to get fewer ads

Just one year. That was all I wanted. One year. on 17:38 - Sep 11 with 1931 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Just one year. That was all I wanted. One year. on 17:30 - Sep 11 by TractorCam

Me too mate. Crazy to think there are generations who have celebrated success in Europe and the FA Cup, and some that have seen us win the top flight.

Then there's ours, where in 19 years of going to games my highlight is beating Arsenal in a League Cup semi final. Every time you get hope, it comes crashing down worse than it was before.

It’s been 19 months or some mad sh*t like that since I saw us win a game live. I’ve been at nearly every game since then that fans have been at ffs.

We’re a total shambles. Fans of Man U etc will never realise how it is for proper football fans like us going through this. I’d celebrate winning league 1 like it was the premier league now. After 20 years. We can’t win a cup game, don’t get promoted, can’t beat our rivals. It’s just misery year on year.

Just one year. That was all I wanted. One year. on 17:41 - Sep 11 with 1901 viewsbilllm

Good luck, I'm old had the Robson years, were cursed,
Just one year. That was all I wanted. One year. on 17:41 - Sep 11 with 1897 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Just one year. That was all I wanted. One year. on 17:34 - Sep 11 by The_Romford_Blue

I’m kind of still where I was two weeks ago after Wimbledon. It’s a mess right now but it’s a mess we’ve put ourselves in by giving Cook the license to spend big (my source told me something about that at the game today and no wonder we’ve nicked players off championship clubs ffs). So if we get rid of cook now, we’ve got half a squad who openly admit they’ve signed to play under cook. So it would be a new manager getting to know new players who also themselves are trying to get used to each other amidst a crisis of confidence. It just wouldn’t be good.

That’s not to say it won’t be required soon as we can’t keep defending like this. It’s as bad as I’ve ever seen it defensively. Every corner opponents look like scoring. Not a single person in the ground against Wimbledon was surprised when they scored that 95th minute corner a fortnight ago. I’d say for now we keep him and just pray that he’s as good a coach as many thought he was before he came to us. But if we keep defending like this, there’s no other option but to pull the plugs

I’ve lost hope either way. Whether it be cook or a new bloke, it’ll never change. New owner, new manager, new players. Same Ipswich.

The wage budget must be insane for this level.

I will try and take a positive, Wes Burns was superb.

Aside from that, the defending was keystone cops stuff. 4th and 5th goal, never seen anything like it.

Just one year. That was all I wanted. One year. on 17:43 - Sep 11 with 1868 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Just one year. That was all I wanted. One year. on 17:41 - Sep 11 by TRUE_BLUE123

The wage budget must be insane for this level.

I will try and take a positive, Wes Burns was superb.

Aside from that, the defending was keystone cops stuff. 4th and 5th goal, never seen anything like it.

Will PM you.

Burns. Aluko and Bonne the only ones above a 4/10.

Yep. Just dreadful. So so poor.

Just one year. That was all I wanted. One year. on 17:46 - Sep 11 with 1843 viewspointofblue

Just one year. That was all I wanted. One year. on 17:38 - Sep 11 by The_Romford_Blue

It’s been 19 months or some mad sh*t like that since I saw us win a game live. I’ve been at nearly every game since then that fans have been at ffs.

We’re a total shambles. Fans of Man U etc will never realise how it is for proper football fans like us going through this. I’d celebrate winning league 1 like it was the premier league now. After 20 years. We can’t win a cup game, don’t get promoted, can’t beat our rivals. It’s just misery year on year.

At this rate I think I’d celebrate winning a game in League One like it was the Premier League.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Just one year. That was all I wanted. One year. on 17:49 - Sep 11 with 1800 viewsSkip_Intro

Life's sh#t isn't it...you don't always get what you want...if you didn't know that by now then I'm sorry to be the one to break it to you...
Just one year. That was all I wanted. One year. on 21:05 - Sep 11 with 1564 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Just one year. That was all I wanted. One year. on 17:49 - Sep 11 by Skip_Intro

Life's sh#t isn't it...you don't always get what you want...if you didn't know that by now then I'm sorry to be the one to break it to you...

Thanks for that inspirational message

Just one year. That was all I wanted. One year. on 21:08 - Sep 11 with 1550 viewsITFC_Forever

Serves you right for all those dodgy tips you keep giving us Rommy…..

(Only kidding, we all feel it mate!)

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Just one year. That was all I wanted. One year. on 21:13 - Sep 11 with 1522 viewsbazza

Felt exactly the same at the end.. deflated, so depressing being a town fan.. surely we are due a turn in fortunes..
Just one year. That was all I wanted. One year. on 21:20 - Sep 11 with 1488 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Just one year. That was all I wanted. One year. on 21:08 - Sep 11 by ITFC_Forever

Serves you right for all those dodgy tips you keep giving us Rommy…..

(Only kidding, we all feel it mate!)

My reputation is still living off my January 50/1 winner I put on here haha

Just one year. That was all I wanted. One year. on 21:23 - Sep 11 with 1461 viewschrismakin

Im just annoyed where I've finally got my son paying an interest in ipswich, watched loads of old clips and this seasons games etc.. And already he's starting to want to watch other things...... ffs

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Just one year. That was all I wanted. One year. on 21:27 - Sep 11 with 1449 viewsTheBoyBlue

Just one year. That was all I wanted. One year. on 21:23 - Sep 11 by chrismakin

Im just annoyed where I've finally got my son paying an interest in ipswich, watched loads of old clips and this seasons games etc.. And already he's starting to want to watch other things...... ffs

Took my middle son for his first match two years ago and he hasn't watched us win yet. Admittedly most of that he hasn't been able to go due to Covid, but still, it's a long time to sustain a young child's interest without any sign of victory. He's already more excited by Ronaldo's return then anything that we are serving up.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Just one year. That was all I wanted. One year. on 21:31 - Sep 11 with 1428 viewsmarkchips

Just one year. That was all I wanted. One year. on 21:20 - Sep 11 by The_Romford_Blue

My reputation is still living off my January 50/1 winner I put on here haha

Can’t see it being this year I am afraid. I have supported town for 52 years and it is the hope that kills you. If they are going to stick with Cook he needs an experienced coach alongside him urgently. It might not be what he wants but the club needs a steady arm on the tiller. It is all very well bringing in your scouse mates but they are struggling at the moment. I wish them well but you have to know when you need a bit of help. If the team could minimise the goals against to even one a game they would be able to change things around. Evans and Harper simply not good enough at the moment and need to be replaced.
Just one year. That was all I wanted. One year. on 22:28 - Sep 11 with 1317 viewsChurchman

Just one year. That was all I wanted. One year. on 21:31 - Sep 11 by markchips

Can’t see it being this year I am afraid. I have supported town for 52 years and it is the hope that kills you. If they are going to stick with Cook he needs an experienced coach alongside him urgently. It might not be what he wants but the club needs a steady arm on the tiller. It is all very well bringing in your scouse mates but they are struggling at the moment. I wish them well but you have to know when you need a bit of help. If the team could minimise the goals against to even one a game they would be able to change things around. Evans and Harper simply not good enough at the moment and need to be replaced.

I’ve supported them a similar time and you are right. It’s the hope that kills you. I thought after the changes in March/April things would improve. How wrong I was.

I defended Cook until he had his own team. He’s got that. He’s also got his own coaches too. If another or an AM comes in that just tells me he’s a lame duck manager. No more coaches, no more additions. His team either starts competing or he goes. If they are not good enough, they are his choices so he still goes and gives his replacement time to make something of the mess and ship a few in/out in January.
Just one year. That was all I wanted. One year. on 23:05 - Sep 11 with 1219 viewsTheBlueGnu

they are indeed a miserable, boring, NOTHING of a football club whose existence is purely to make up the required number of sides in tier 3, and whose previous long-term existence was to do the same in tier 2. P1ss poor outfit.

Poll: Other than "The Mean Machine", what was your favourite Wacky Races car ?

Just one year. That was all I wanted. One year. on 23:13 - Sep 11 with 1194 viewsMelford

Start of every season
Stick the new version of HMS Piss The League up there.
Season starts

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Just one year. That was all I wanted. One year. on 08:16 - Sep 12 with 938 viewstractordownsouth

Hear fooking hear. As someone of a similar age, I couldn’t agree more. Depressing that probably our best season as Town fans was a defeat to Norwich in the play offs.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024