Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If Cook has any chance of getting these players confidence... 17:47 - Sep 11 with 481 viewswkj

He has to field the strongest squad he has against West Ham U21 on Tuesday. I did express concern that we didn't find that winning mentality in preseason, and it is turning out we're not finding it in the league.

West Ham U21 has to be treated like a team building event now and for these players to come out and play to the best of their ability against a side who, on paper, are the least likely to punish us.

Other than that - Cook is doing little to inspire confidence. I said at the end of last season I woulnd't be willing to give Cook a free ride this year, but I humoured him all the same. Today was not a game of individual errors - it was a sign chaotic and sh** coaching.

Cook could very well prove us all wrong, but he doesn't deserve to avoid getting pelters any more.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2021 17:48]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

If Cook has any chance of getting these players confidence... on 17:49 - Sep 11 with 453 viewsJ2BLUE

Morsy is playing Tuesday. He would be an immediate miss for the next 2 games.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

If Cook has any chance of getting these players confidence... on 17:50 - Sep 11 with 439 viewsmylittletown

It is tricky. His record says that he can be a decent manager, but he doesn't help himself by coming across as another cliche ridden, thick, lower division journeyman.
If Cook has any chance of getting these players confidence... on 17:51 - Sep 11 with 428 viewswkj

If Cook has any chance of getting these players confidence... on 17:49 - Sep 11 by J2BLUE

It will be a big boon, but after today - I can't see our problems being solved by individuals at this stage.

Crybaby

If Cook has any chance of getting these players confidence... on 17:51 - Sep 11 with 415 viewschrismakin

If Cook has any chance of getting these players confidence... on 17:49 - Sep 11 by J2BLUE

It's a bit nerving when his post match stuff is about Morsey making all the difference.

Not saying he won't be, but what if he gets injured. Do we accept negative results until he's back..

If you can't play morsey, you play Tom

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

If Cook has any chance of getting these players confidence... on 17:52 - Sep 11 with 400 viewswkj

If Cook has any chance of getting these players confidence... on 17:50 - Sep 11 by mylittletown

It is tricky. His record says that he can be a decent manager, but he doesn't help himself by coming across as another cliche ridden, thick, lower division journeyman.

I repect that Cook loves football and is a footballing man. He is also a very good manager - but he is not looking like the right manager for a total "rebuild".

Crybaby

Good post and idea on 18:07 - Sep 11 with 314 viewsunstableblue

As I said there is a suggestion this is now mainly a psychological and confidence issue, their heads went completely today, completely

Evans and Harper are half the players they looked against Morecombe

I think putting a strong team out against West Ham would be good

Certainly the back four and Morsy need it

Two weeks on the training ground is being lauded - whereas Bolton sharpened Monday night in a competitive game

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024