Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pay the money, get EDDIE HOWE, now (n/t) 17:59 - Sep 11 with 2429 viewsbilllm

Pay the money, get EDDIE HOWE, now (n/t) on 18:00 - Sep 11 with 1889 viewsJ2BLUE

LOL

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Pay the money, get EDDIE HOWE, now (n/t) on 18:00 - Sep 11 with 1876 viewshomer_123

Don Howe.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Pay the money, get EDDIE HOWE, now (n/t) on 18:00 - Sep 11 with 1865 viewsTractorCam

That's even funnier than someone suggesting Chris Wilder on the radio.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Pay the money, get EDDIE HOWE, now (n/t) on 18:00 - Sep 11 with 1860 viewschrismakin

No Chance

Wilder next I reckon, Or johnson

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Pay the money, get EDDIE HOWE, now (n/t) on 18:01 - Sep 11 with 1859 viewswkj

Why do you, and others seem to think we stand any chance of landing a manager like Eddie Howe?

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Pay the money, get EDDIE HOWE, now (n/t) on 18:02 - Sep 11 with 1822 viewsbelgablue

All the lols! He wouldn’t even answer his phone if we called him.

Poll: Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer?

Pay the money, get EDDIE HOWE, now (n/t) on 18:02 - Sep 11 with 1807 viewsMerseyBlue

Pay the money, get EDDIE HOWE, now (n/t) on 18:00 - Sep 11 by chrismakin

No Chance

That is only marginally less mental. We're not going to get managers that have worked in the Premier League in the last few seasons.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

Pay the money, get EDDIE HOWE, now (n/t) on 18:03 - Sep 11 with 1775 viewsOldboy

No way would he drop to L1. Silly Boy.
Login to get fewer ads

Pay the money, get EDDIE HOWE, now (n/t) on 18:04 - Sep 11 with 1760 viewsRyorry

Nah, Wenger's gonna come out of retirement.

Well it's about as likely

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Pay the money, get EDDIE HOWE, now (n/t) on 18:05 - Sep 11 with 1727 viewsbilllm

Pay the money, get EDDIE HOWE, now (n/t) on 18:01 - Sep 11 by wkj

Why do you, and others seem to think we stand any chance of landing a manager like Eddie Howe?

I don't, but money talks
Pay the money, get EDDIE HOWE, now (n/t) on 18:05 - Sep 11 with 1727 viewsTractorCam

Pay the money, get EDDIE HOWE, now (n/t) on 18:00 - Sep 11 by chrismakin

No Chance

Are you the radio clown I was just referencing?

Who is Johnson? Genuine question I can't think who this would be, presuming it's not Lee.

Pay the money, get EDDIE HOWE, now (n/t) on 18:05 - Sep 11 with 1720 viewschicoazul

Here is why I think it could happen if there was a job here.
Howe is free and I think his mate is now too, the shouty one who was his assistant at Bmouth. He has had a long break. The Yanks can afford him. Ipswich is a pretty big club in a nice part of the world (life outside the game is important to him) and every manager not just Howe will look at us and think “wow if I can get this right I could be on a seriously big clubs radar”. He won’t get much stress here either.
To sum up I think it’s possible if not probable as he may have an eye on a Prem club like Newcastle.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Pay the money, get EDDIE HOWE, now (n/t) on 18:06 - Sep 11 with 1708 viewspointofblue

To be fair, we didn’t expect to get some of the players we have over the summer as we thought they’d be targeting a higher level. The only issue is we’re rapidly turning into a managerial graveyard.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Pay the money, get EDDIE HOWE, now (n/t) on 18:06 - Sep 11 with 1698 viewsTractorCam

Pay the money, get EDDIE HOWE, now (n/t) on 18:05 - Sep 11 by billlm

I don't, but money talks

No it doesn't, especially when it won't be a sniff of what he was on at Bournemouth.

Pay the money, get EDDIE HOWE, now (n/t) on 18:06 - Sep 11 with 1696 viewsSkip_Intro

PC is going nowhere until at least Christmas...
Pay the money, get EDDIE HOWE, now (n/t) on 18:07 - Sep 11 with 1691 viewsbilllm

Pay the money, get EDDIE HOWE, now (n/t) on 18:03 - Sep 11 by Oldboy

No way would he drop to L1. Silly Boy.

He's not working and been here before,
Pay the money, get EDDIE HOWE, now (n/t) on 18:07 - Sep 11 with 1682 viewsChurchman

Give me one reason why a manager of that quality would come to this club?
Pay the money, get EDDIE HOWE, now (n/t) on 18:10 - Sep 11 with 1635 viewsbilllm

Pay the money, get EDDIE HOWE, now (n/t) on 18:07 - Sep 11 by Churchman

Give me one reason why a manager of that quality would come to this club?

Money,next
Pay the money, get EDDIE HOWE, now (n/t) on 18:11 - Sep 11 with 1622 viewswkj

Pay the money, get EDDIE HOWE, now (n/t) on 18:05 - Sep 11 by chicoazul

Here is why I think it could happen if there was a job here.
Howe is free and I think his mate is now too, the shouty one who was his assistant at Bmouth. He has had a long break. The Yanks can afford him. Ipswich is a pretty big club in a nice part of the world (life outside the game is important to him) and every manager not just Howe will look at us and think “wow if I can get this right I could be on a seriously big clubs radar”. He won’t get much stress here either.
To sum up I think it’s possible if not probable as he may have an eye on a Prem club like Newcastle.

Can we honestly say we're a big club any more?

Yes, we have a big stadium, and a massive set of overheads - but the only thing we have big in footballing anymore is our history.

Also, Ipswich hasn't really done a lot to bolster any manager's career in a long long time.
The Mick McCarthy done the best - but most of his post Ipswich gigs were lateral. ROI (Which he'd done before), some time in the sun, and now at Cardiff.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Pay the money, get EDDIE HOWE, now (n/t) (n/t) on 18:11 - Sep 11 with 1610 viewsTractorCam

Pay the money, get EDDIE HOWE, now (n/t) on 18:10 - Sep 11 by billlm

Money,next

I don't know how to copy and paste other comments. So i'll just repeat my other one and hopefully you see it.

He wouldn't get a sniff of what he was on at Bournemouth.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2021 18:12]

Pay the money, get EDDIE HOWE, now (n/t) on 18:13 - Sep 11 with 1558 viewsSwansea_Blue

Obviously because it’s unlikely that we’ll entice Klopp away from Liverpool. Duh!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Pay the money, get EDDIE HOWE, now (n/t) on 18:15 - Sep 11 with 1532 viewschicoazul

Pay the money, get EDDIE HOWE, now (n/t) on 18:11 - Sep 11 by wkj

Can we honestly say we're a big club any more?

Yes, we have a big stadium, and a massive set of overheads - but the only thing we have big in footballing anymore is our history.

Also, Ipswich hasn't really done a lot to bolster any manager's career in a long long time.
The Mick McCarthy done the best - but most of his post Ipswich gigs were lateral. ROI (Which he'd done before), some time in the sun, and now at Cardiff.

We get 18000 thru the door a week.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Pay the money, get EDDIE HOWE, now (n/t) on 18:18 - Sep 11 with 1481 viewsJ2BLUE

Pay the money, get EDDIE HOWE, now (n/t) on 18:07 - Sep 11 by billlm

He's not working and been here before,

He's not working out of choice though.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Pay the money, get EDDIE HOWE, now (n/t) on 18:18 - Sep 11 with 1480 views3_5_2

Anyone not called Paul would be a good start

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Pay the money, get EDDIE HOWE, now (n/t) on 18:20 - Sep 11 with 1452 viewsborge

But why would we actually want him? He's just a modern day Curbishley.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024