Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Today is the first time I have questioned Cook 19:10 - Sep 11 with 692 viewsnoggin

We simply rolled over and he didn't know what to do about it. The joys of being an Ipswich fan for the last two decades.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Today is the first time I have questioned Cook on 19:12 - Sep 11 with 667 viewsbackwaywhen

Simple Liam Richardson ….. lost without him unfortunately.
Today is the first time I have questioned Cook on 19:15 - Sep 11 with 652 viewschrismakin

Today is the first time I have questioned Cook on 19:12 - Sep 11 by backwaywhen

Simple Liam Richardson ….. lost without him unfortunately.

I'd go further and say the pressure of being Town manager is the problem

Constantly referring to entertaining the fans. Something every manager has said since Mick left, I thought it was an Evans thing as we know it was part of his 5 point plan, but now Cooks at it. This pressing need to be entertaining etc.. almost as if its the first though over everything else and like it's impossible to defend and attack in equal balance.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Today is the first time I have questioned Cook on 19:20 - Sep 11 with 616 viewsNeedhamChris

Today is the first time I have questioned Cook on 19:15 - Sep 11 by chrismakin

Constantly referring to entertaining the fans. Something every manager has said since Mick left, I thought it was an Evans thing as we know it was part of his 5 point plan, but now Cooks at it. This pressing need to be entertaining etc.. almost as if its the first though over everything else and like it's impossible to defend and attack in equal balance.

Blimey the wind must have changed direction today

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Today is the first time I have questioned Cook on 19:23 - Sep 11 with 584 viewsChurchman

It is perfectly possible to play attacking football and defend properly. It’s not either or. It’s what good teams do. Burley put together decent sides doing just that. Royle’s came close and even Jim’s team got results at times playing on the front foot.
Today is the first time I have questioned Cook on 19:26 - Sep 11 with 573 viewsSwansea_Blue

Today is the first time I have questioned Cook on 19:23 - Sep 11 by Churchman

It is perfectly possible to play attacking football and defend properly. It’s not either or. It’s what good teams do. Burley put together decent sides doing just that. Royle’s came close and even Jim’s team got results at times playing on the front foot.

Given what we've been through we don't exactly need total football. Most of us would be delighted with a team that can defend reasonably confidently, can occasionally look after the ball and has a goal in it. It's not like we've ever been Barcelona ffs.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Today is the first time I have questioned Cook on 19:26 - Sep 11 with 568 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Such a poor excuse.

All managers have pressure.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Today is the first time I have questioned Cook on 19:36 - Sep 11 with 506 viewschrismakin

Today is the first time I have questioned Cook on 19:26 - Sep 11 by Marshalls_Mullet

Such a poor excuse.

All managers have pressure.

I agree

Im just curious of the need of each of our recent managers to have this desire to appease the fans of ipswich. Is that his way of pushing it our way, or a genuine belief that the team should be entertaining the fans... first and foremost?

The AFC game, 2-0 up. " We should have pushed and go on and get 3/4/5 goals." why? we needed a confidence boosting win, just win it, forget the need to push. ( Not saying go and defend, but just balance the play rather than pushing and leaving the gaps.

Once you've got confidence flowing over a few games, of course go and push etc especially when you're going through that 'gelling' period.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Today is the first time I have questioned Cook on 19:39 - Sep 11 with 481 viewsIllinoisblue

That is absolute nonsense, if you can’t handle the tuts and mild boos from a sleepy Suffolk crowd you shouldn’t be employed in football.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024