Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
*Club statement* 19:16 - Sep 11 with 22225 viewschrismakin

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

*Club statement* on 19:18 - Sep 11 with 8903 viewshomer_123

What's gone on then?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

*Club statement* on 19:18 - Sep 11 with 8904 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

He is on the spectrum but that’s no excuse.
*Club statement* on 19:20 - Sep 11 with 8837 viewsSwansea_Blue

*Club statement* on 19:18 - Sep 11 by homer_123

What's gone on then?

Racist comment by the sound of it. Presumably that's why they make reference to the kick it out campaign. Could be homophobic, but odds on racist given how our country is at the moment.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

*Club statement* on 19:25 - Sep 11 with 8640 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

*Club statement* on 19:18 - Sep 11 by BlueBlueBluex2

Also suspect that anyone seen to have been encouraging him will be dealt with too!!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

*Club statement* on 19:25 - Sep 11 with 8636 viewsnoggin

*Club statement* on 19:20 - Sep 11 by Swansea_Blue

Racist comment by the sound of it. Presumably that's why they make reference to the kick it out campaign. Could be homophobic, but odds on racist given how our country is at the moment.

If it is racism and the club are serious about stamping it out, only a lifetime ban is sufficient. Sad day for the club all round.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

*Club statement* on 19:28 - Sep 11 with 8538 viewsIllinoisblue

*Club statement* on 19:18 - Sep 11 by BlueBlueBluex2

He needs help. Are there any strong adults in his life?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

*Club statement* on 19:29 - Sep 11 with 8523 viewsgtsb1966

*Club statement* on 19:25 - Sep 11 by noggin

If it is racism and the club are serious about stamping it out, only a lifetime ban is sufficient. Sad day for the club all round.

In normal circumstances I would agree but are these normal circumstances. Obviously we don't know the story but IF it is people exploiting someone with learning difficulties it enters a whole new ball game where education would be more beneficial than a ban. I'm really guessing here though.
*Club statement* on 19:30 - Sep 11 with 8491 viewsnoggin

*Club statement* on 19:28 - Sep 11 by Illinoisblue

He needs help. Are there any strong adults in his life?

Having read some of his posts on here, I'd be concerned for his mental health if he gets a long ban.

Login to get fewer ads

*Club statement* on 19:32 - Sep 11 with 8406 viewsFixed_It

*Club statement* on 19:30 - Sep 11 by noggin

Having read some of his posts on here, I'd be concerned for his mental health if he gets a long ban.

My first thought too.
But the Club have to act if it is as being reported.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

*Club statement* on 19:32 - Sep 11 with 8385 viewsLord_Lucan

I agree, was thinking the same

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

*Club statement* on 19:34 - Sep 11 with 8322 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Im amazed that the club haven't taken action before, in making sure that this individual who is known to all of us and has said some fairly vile things in the past has somebody go to the games with him who can actually support him and not egg him on.

But make no excuse, his autism is not an excuse for that disgusting video that I have seen, which is blatant racism. Hopefully the club act strongly and fast

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

*Club statement* on 19:34 - Sep 11 with 8312 viewsblueboyd

no excuse for what he said I am afraid. He is not suffering with tourettes. mentioning Hanging and Aids about an opposition player, it is ridiculous.
*Club statement* on 19:35 - Sep 11 with 8271 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

*Club statement* on 19:32 - Sep 11 by Lord_Lucan

I agree, was thinking the same

It's a tough one for the club.

I don't know the guy apart from what I've read on here in the past, but the club can't condone racism in any way.

Maybe a ban, followed by insistence on having a chaperone in attendance whenever he attends matches if his disability is a consideration.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

*Club statement* on 19:35 - Sep 11 with 8241 viewsCheltenham_Blue

*Club statement* on 19:32 - Sep 11 by Fixed_It

My first thought too.
But the Club have to act if it is as being reported.

The police have been dragged in too. He’s made threats to kill some of them who replied to his Snapchat.

I know he didn’t ‘mean’ it, but this is going to go badly for him all round.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

*Club statement* on 19:35 - Sep 11 with 8240 viewsEastTownBlue

Indeed, the ticket ballots last year spring to mind. I can only hope that those with him will face similar punishment.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2021 19:38]
*Club statement* on 19:36 - Sep 11 with 8195 viewsnoggin

*Club statement* on 19:34 - Sep 11 by blueboyd

no excuse for what he said I am afraid. He is not suffering with tourettes. mentioning Hanging and Aids about an opposition player, it is ridiculous.

I agree although Tourettes doesn't cause racism.

Yep, that's my concern...... on 19:37 - Sep 11 with 8139 viewsBloots

....the club need to be careful on this.

I've seen the videos, for clarity there's nothing specifically homophobic or racist.

It's a tirade of abuse and threats against Bolton, their fans and some of the players, some "sexual" and all fairly vile.

As always there's some little turds in the background giggling away.

This isn't a simple issue to deal with.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

*Club statement* on 19:38 - Sep 11 with 8105 viewsHighgateBlue

*Club statement* on 19:29 - Sep 11 by gtsb1966

In normal circumstances I would agree but are these normal circumstances. Obviously we don't know the story but IF it is people exploiting someone with learning difficulties it enters a whole new ball game where education would be more beneficial than a ban. I'm really guessing here though.

Yes, I incline to agree. The Club plainly has to take action, and they were right to release an immediate statement. Town fans have shown their stance on this issue by applauding the knee (possibly the only thing we have left to applaud), and the Club must be absolutely clear in its position.

But even for people with no real excuse or mitigation there are crimes which the Courts punish with orders that are intended to rehabilitate rather than solely punish.

If, as appears the case, the person involved is what one might call 'neuro-atypical', then that should be taken into account in deciding what action to take.

But action of course must be taken.
Yep, that's my concern...... on 19:39 - Sep 11 with 8049 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Yep, that's my concern...... on 19:37 - Sep 11 by Bloots

....the club need to be careful on this.

I've seen the videos, for clarity there's nothing specifically homophobic or racist.

It's a tirade of abuse and threats against Bolton, their fans and some of the players, some "sexual" and all fairly vile.

As always there's some little turds in the background giggling away.

This isn't a simple issue to deal with.

There is definitely a racist connotation in there.

*Club statement* on 19:40 - Sep 11 with 8001 viewsFixed_It

*Club statement* on 19:36 - Sep 11 by noggin

I agree although Tourettes doesn't cause racism.

Doesn't 'cause it as such, but can lead to subconcious or repressed thoughts being spoken. Not sure that is the case here though.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

*Club statement* on 19:40 - Sep 11 with 7987 viewsclive_baker

Absolutely vile. Scum.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

*Club statement* on 19:41 - Sep 11 with 7981 viewsJ2BLUE

*Club statement* on 19:34 - Sep 11 by TRUE_BLUE123

Im amazed that the club haven't taken action before, in making sure that this individual who is known to all of us and has said some fairly vile things in the past has somebody go to the games with him who can actually support him and not egg him on.

But make no excuse, his autism is not an excuse for that disgusting video that I have seen, which is blatant racism. Hopefully the club act strongly and fast

His group of 'mates' who 'look out for him' seem to set him up nicely a lot of the time.

Yes he's the one saying the stupid things but we've seen he just loves football. What led him from watching the game to making videos like that? It's almost like he is egged on then the cameras come out and he hasn't caught on that everyone else has stopped.

I would like to see the club insist he moves his ST and that he is accompanied by a responsible adult to future games. Instead he's likely to get a ban. Do people remember what he was like last time live football was taken away from him? I do understand he has to face consequences and it is his choice to say that stuff but this happens repeatedly. Even the way people talk to him on Twitter is sickening.

Sitters replied to him linking to the statement. This investigation will worry the life out of him now. People so gleeful to laugh in his face and cause him further misery. People respond to him on Twitter talking in 5 year old language just taking the piss.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

*Club statement* on 19:41 - Sep 11 with 7968 viewsMillsTash

He needs re education and restorative work. Banning him will ruin him.
*Club statement* on 19:44 - Sep 11 with 7832 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

*Club statement* on 19:41 - Sep 11 by J2BLUE

His group of 'mates' who 'look out for him' seem to set him up nicely a lot of the time.

Yes he's the one saying the stupid things but we've seen he just loves football. What led him from watching the game to making videos like that? It's almost like he is egged on then the cameras come out and he hasn't caught on that everyone else has stopped.

I would like to see the club insist he moves his ST and that he is accompanied by a responsible adult to future games. Instead he's likely to get a ban. Do people remember what he was like last time live football was taken away from him? I do understand he has to face consequences and it is his choice to say that stuff but this happens repeatedly. Even the way people talk to him on Twitter is sickening.

Sitters replied to him linking to the statement. This investigation will worry the life out of him now. People so gleeful to laugh in his face and cause him further misery. People respond to him on Twitter talking in 5 year old language just taking the piss.

I agree re his group of mates. I have had the displeasure of sitting near them at games before and they certainly egg him.

But this isn't the first time he has tweeted something that is inexcusable. Which is why I'm surprised the club haven't made him move, as the club are very aware of him.

This is a very difficult situation, hopefully the club come to an acceptable conclusion.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

*Club statement* on 19:45 - Sep 11 with 7767 viewsCheltenham_Blue

*Club statement* on 19:41 - Sep 11 by MillsTash

He needs re education and restorative work. Banning him will ruin him.

Sadly. The club is going to have to decide on its stance on racism and abuse. If they simply move him, then the club are going to be placed in a very bad light on their attitude to the issue, at a time when it is being very rightly placed in the spotlight.

“Ipswich Town Soft on Racism” is not a headline we need to see, and nor will our owners, a ban I think is enevitable.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024