Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
In desperation I'm clinging on to Blackpool's start last season 21:57 - Sep 11 with 987 viewspointofblue

OK, they had managed a win by this point, but just a draw and four defeats to join them. They had conceded four against us the game before.

I'm delusional, aren't I?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

In desperation I'm clinging on to Blackpool's start last season on 22:00 - Sep 11 with 964 viewsChurchman

Yep. What Blackpool did was exceptional and rarely happens. Forget it.
In desperation I'm clinging on to Blackpool's start last season on 22:01 - Sep 11 with 964 viewsbackwaywhen

I don’t think you are , I believe Bolton were in bottom 6 as late as February last season ….. and guess what !
In desperation I'm clinging on to Blackpool's start last season on 22:02 - Sep 11 with 955 viewsdavblue

We are Ipswich l, not Blackpool, I really don’t see why people keep bringing them up.l and comparing us. It was an anomaly it’s not the norm for that to happen.

As I’ve said all season, play offs at best this season that has to be the aim, automatics are done already barring us having a remarkable 3 months very quickly ( where we win almost all
Of our games for that period)
In desperation I'm clinging on to Blackpool's start last season on 22:03 - Sep 11 with 943 viewstimothyeo

Its possible but the sort of odds on that happening is probably about 25/1 looking at data from all previous seasons.
In desperation I'm clinging on to Blackpool's start last season on 22:04 - Sep 11 with 934 viewspointofblue

In desperation I'm clinging on to Blackpool's start last season on 22:01 - Sep 11 by backwaywhen

I don’t think you are , I believe Bolton were in bottom 6 as late as February last season ….. and guess what !

Yeah, 19th after their 26th league game in February though it was such a weird season I'm not sure if they had any games in hand.

The division must have been tight because, after their 30th league game (and admittedly four wins), they were up to ninth.

In desperation I'm clinging on to Blackpool's start last season on 22:14 - Sep 11 with 897 viewsBent_double

In desperation I'm clinging on to Blackpool's start last season on 22:02 - Sep 11 by davblue

We are Ipswich l, not Blackpool, I really don’t see why people keep bringing them up.l and comparing us. It was an anomaly it’s not the norm for that to happen.

As I’ve said all season, play offs at best this season that has to be the aim, automatics are done already barring us having a remarkable 3 months very quickly ( where we win almost all
Of our games for that period)

You really think that top 2 is now not possible? After 6 games?

We still haven't played any of the supposed 'top teams' - lose to Sunderland, Portsmouth, Wednesday and yes it will be play-offs at best...but we haven't lost to them yet!

75 points min for the play-offs usually, so plenty of time to get 24/25 wins, whether it's with Cook as manager or someone else.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

In desperation I'm clinging on to Blackpool's start last season on 22:17 - Sep 11 with 876 viewsElderGrizzly

In desperation I'm clinging on to Blackpool's start last season on 22:00 - Sep 11 by Churchman

This. The reason people remember it was because it was so rare
In desperation I'm clinging on to Blackpool's start last season on 22:20 - Sep 11 with 870 viewsCoastalblue

With the investment and effort that has gone into the club over the last few weeks it's really sad if we have to find an outlier for inspiration.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Login to get fewer ads

In desperation I'm clinging on to Blackpool's start last season on 22:21 - Sep 11 with 859 viewsbackwaywhen

In desperation I'm clinging on to Blackpool's start last season on 22:17 - Sep 11 by ElderGrizzly

This. The reason people remember it was because it was so rare

Peterborough had a bad start , Bolton even worse still ( 19th in Feb ) not a rare as you think my friend.
In desperation I'm clinging on to Blackpool's start last season on 22:23 - Sep 11 with 845 viewspointofblue

In desperation I'm clinging on to Blackpool's start last season on 22:21 - Sep 11 by backwaywhen

Peterborough had a bad start , Bolton even worse still ( 19th in Feb ) not a rare as you think my friend.

When did Peterborough have a bad start? Last season they were 4th after six games and in 19/20 they were seventh.

In desperation I'm clinging on to Blackpool's start last season on 22:28 - Sep 11 with 831 viewschrismakin

In desperation I'm clinging on to Blackpool's start last season on 22:14 - Sep 11 by Bent_double

We still haven't played any of the supposed 'top teams' - lose to Sunderland, Portsmouth, Wednesday and yes it will be play-offs at best...but we haven't lost to them yet!

75 points min for the play-offs usually, so plenty of time to get 24/25 wins, whether it's with Cook as manager or someone else.

By the end of the month we could be 18 points off top 6......... that's quite damning
i'd hoped today would have been the 'one' that got us on our way, but I can't see lincoln being it, so that's another loss, so brings us to 2 home games to finish the month. Win those 2 and who knows. Anything less than 6 points and that top 2 looks a gonna.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

In desperation I'm clinging on to Blackpool's start last season on 22:29 - Sep 11 with 825 viewsElderGrizzly

In desperation I'm clinging on to Blackpool's start last season on 22:23 - Sep 11 by pointofblue

When did Peterborough have a bad start? Last season they were 4th after six games and in 19/20 they were seventh.

And the point of people mentioning Blackpool was they had a similar turnover of players
In desperation I'm clinging on to Blackpool's start last season on 08:29 - Sep 12 with 513 viewsdavblue

In desperation I'm clinging on to Blackpool's start last season on 22:14 - Sep 11 by Bent_double

It’s possible yeah on paper but I’m not seeing anything to suggest we will get close to it.

I always thought with the amount of change at the club that it was unlikely this year and I stand by it.

26/27 wins to usually get auto from 40 games, I just don’t see that happening currently.

I hope I’m very wrong but we look so far off it currently off the ball we are disjointed, our defending and organisation looks all over the place.

I’m hoping yesterday was a tipping point, where the players come Together and sort it out.
In desperation I'm clinging on to Blackpool's start last season on 08:40 - Sep 12 with 477 viewssolomon

In desperation I'm clinging on to Blackpool's start last season on 22:00 - Sep 11 by Churchman

Possible but unlikely
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024