Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is anyone on here still with me that we should stick with Paul Cook? (n/t) 07:46 - Sep 12 with 3586 viewsMaySixth

Poll: Should Ipswich keep Paul Lambert as manager to start the 2020/2021 season?

Is anyone on here still with me that we should stick with Paul Cook? (n/t) on 07:55 - Sep 12 with 2197 viewsphillev231069

I hope he proves me wrong but I'm done! To much of the same thing week in week out costing us games and two full weeks with the players and we conceded more goals than any other game this season. Poor management and poor coaching.

Is anyone on here still with me that we should stick with Paul Cook? (n/t) on 08:00 - Sep 12 with 2176 viewsWD19

I think it’s a moot point right now because finding and hiring the right alternative would take a bit of time and several of the bigger signings have not yet really featured.

I think the 2 home games back to back at the end of the month are the make or break point. If the oil tanker is not turning around by Doncaster at home - with Morsy and potentially Celina in the side - then I think he is done.

Is anyone on here still with me that we should stick with Paul Cook? (n/t) on 08:03 - Sep 12 with 2150 viewsAYACCA

We'd have to be getting in Wilder or Howe for it to be with changing again. Just get in John Magreal as defensive coach and see

Is anyone on here still with me that we should stick with Paul Cook? (n/t) on 08:05 - Sep 12 with 2137 views3_5_2

Possibly mistakenly, I decided to right off last season as they were not his players. Staggered he has changed so many but now this is his group so prepared to give him 10 games before judging

However after yesterday, I am seriously concerned that there is something fundamentally wrong either with his man management or the coaching. Possibly both

He need to get a win on the board very soon or I honestly think he will be gone

Yes a new manager would inherit all these new players but they would anyway and there are good players there. A decent manager with a better coaching staff would surely get better results. No idea who that is sadly.

I want Cook to succeed but his reluctance to change from 4231, even when getting stuffed is baffling He looked totally lost out there yesterday, the players he brought on were too late and made no sense.

(Oh and lose that fecking awful little jig out before kick off too)
[Post edited 12 Sep 8:10]

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Is anyone on here still with me that we should stick with Paul Cook? (n/t) on 08:15 - Sep 12 with 2066 viewsChurchman

Norwich sacked club legend Bryan Gunn after one humiliating home game against Colchester and rightly so. Great bloke though he is, Bryan just wasn’t up to it.

After a hiding at home like that and constructing a laughably weak team, Cook appears clueless. It doesn’t matter what his track record was or whether he has employed The Clangers to do his coaching, it’s his team we are what we are and where we are. No excuses

We should be going into next week’s game with Lincoln worrying about us. As it is they should put the game to bed by half time and even if they don’t, they know the opposition will be done after 60 mins.

I did say end of October, but not now after yesterday’s shambles. Give him to the end of September and use the time to look at a replacement.

Is anyone on here still with me that we should stick with Paul Cook? (n/t) on 08:17 - Sep 12 with 2053 viewsblueboyd

No, afraid not. The way he treated ending the players time with us last season was enough for me. Agreed change needed to happen but at least be professional and his conduct left a lot to be desired.

Too much focus on players, not enough on coaches. No assistant, a coach with zero experience, another coach from U23 ilk again inexperienced and then a kitman who is not a kitman who apparantly was a kitman... that is where his problems lie.

Is anyone on here still with me that we should stick with Paul Cook? (n/t) on 08:25 - Sep 12 with 2012 viewsbluelagos

The idea we should sack a manager, one game after the end of his first transfer window, before his biggest signing/captain has even played a game...

Nah, far from happy with yesterday's game, particularly the defending. But if you let a manager invest in a new squad it's ridiculous to not see how it plays out.

If we were still without a win by December, maybe, but he has to be given the opportunity to put out the team from his current squad.

What I would be doing (if I was above him) would be discussing bringing in a defensive coach. Seems to be the weakest part of the team.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Is anyone on here still with me that we should stick with Paul Cook? (n/t) on 08:27 - Sep 12 with 1995 viewsOldboy

I still believe it is to early to change management. I will give him the next 5 league games to permanently turn things around or he should be gone. 1 win and people will be saying things like, I told you lot he would come good. With this squad, we should be winning consistently at this level. I expect no worse than 3 wins from the next 5 league games.

Login to get fewer ads

Is anyone on here still with me that we should stick with Paul Cook? (n/t) on 08:35 - Sep 12 with 1930 viewsOldboy

Is anyone on here still with me that we should stick with Paul Cook? (n/t) on 08:25 - Sep 12 by bluelagos

The idea we should sack a manager, one game after the end of his first transfer window, before his biggest signing/captain has even played a game...

Nah, far from happy with yesterday's game, particularly the defending. But if you let a manager invest in a new squad it's ridiculous to not see how it plays out.

If we were still without a win by December, maybe, but he has to be given the opportunity to put out the team from his current squad.

What I would be doing (if I was above him) would be discussing bringing in a defensive coach. Seems to be the weakest part of the team.

"without a win by December"? Are you seriously telling us that with this squad we should have to wait that long? Come off it. If you had said September or even October, but December? You are having a laugh.
Is anyone on here still with me that we should stick with Paul Cook? (n/t) on 08:38 - Sep 12 with 1910 viewssolomon

Is anyone on here still with me that we should stick with Paul Cook? (n/t) on 08:15 - Sep 12 by Churchman

Norwich sacked club legend Bryan Gunn after one humiliating home game against Colchester and rightly so. Great bloke though he is, Bryan just wasn’t up to it.

After a hiding at home like that and constructing a laughably weak team, Cook appears clueless. It doesn’t matter what his track record was or whether he has employed The Clangers to do his coaching, it’s his team we are what we are and where we are. No excuses

We should be going into next week’s game with Lincoln worrying about us. As it is they should put the game to bed by half time and even if they don’t, they know the opposition will be done after 60 mins.

I did say end of October, but not now after yesterday’s shambles. Give him to the end of September and use the time to look at a replacement.

Agree, I think he should be given to the end of September.

With the season still relatively young we do have the opportunity to make well considered decision for a potential replacement, hopefully the club are currently engaging in this process. I think we may need to realign our aspirations for this season and consolidate.
Is anyone on here still with me that we should stick with Paul Cook? (n/t) on 08:43 - Sep 12 with 1885 viewsbluelagos

Is anyone on here still with me that we should stick with Paul Cook? (n/t) on 08:35 - Sep 12 by Oldboy

"without a win by December"? Are you seriously telling us that with this squad we should have to wait that long? Come off it. If you had said September or even October, but December? You are having a laugh.

We can debate how long he should have - but for me, he only just bought his best player and hasn't even started him.

So I'd want to give him a dozen games with the latest players/signings and see how that pans out before judging his performance.

Which pretty much takes us to December.

At the moment we are on a losing streak of one game.

Is anyone on here still with me that we should stick with Paul Cook? (n/t) on 08:45 - Sep 12 with 1863 viewsMullet

Unless Paul Cook posts here there can’t be many.

Poll: What is the minimum requirement for success this season?
Blog: Climbing Up the Walls

Is anyone on here still with me that we should stick with Paul Cook? (n/t) on 08:47 - Sep 12 with 1840 viewsOldboy

Is anyone on here still with me that we should stick with Paul Cook? (n/t) on 08:43 - Sep 12 by bluelagos

We can debate how long he should have - but for me, he only just bought his best player and hasn't even started him.

So I'd want to give him a dozen games with the latest players/signings and see how that pans out before judging his performance.

These are all his"best players". I still want to give him time, next 5 league games, but by then I expect us to be winning consistently. These are his players, hand picked by him. No more excuses for me. Time to start seeing results, which I hope he can, but am starting to doubt.
Is anyone on here still with me that we should stick with Paul Cook? (n/t) on 08:48 - Sep 12 with 1839 viewsgordon

If Paul Cook was in charge of whether Paul Cook was the manager he'd have signed about 3 replacement Paul Cooks by now, and there'd be a bomb squad of Paul Cooks coaching the u12s.

Is anyone on here still with me that we should stick with Paul Cook? (n/t) on 08:49 - Sep 12 with 1819 viewshype313

Up until yesterday, but that game just confirmed my suspicions that he hasn't got a clue, hasn't got the right coaching team and in the past few weeks has contradicted himself around the small tight unit squad narrative.

He looks all over the place.

Poll: The Cook report

Is anyone on here still with me that we should stick with Paul Cook? (n/t) on 08:53 - Sep 12 with 1787 viewsbluelagos

Is anyone on here still with me that we should stick with Paul Cook? (n/t) on 08:47 - Sep 12 by Oldboy

These are all his"best players". I still want to give him time, next 5 league games, but by then I expect us to be winning consistently. These are his players, hand picked by him. No more excuses for me. Time to start seeing results, which I hope he can, but am starting to doubt.

That's pretty much my position. Just maybe I'd be a bit more patient in so far as expecting a team of strangers to gel.

We have a new central midfielder to come. The defense can only improve.

And it does have to improve - but we have half of it looking promising (going forward) - so it's far from gameover imho.

Is anyone on here still with me that we should stick with Paul Cook? (n/t) on 09:02 - Sep 12 with 1714 viewsStewart27

Is anyone on here still with me that we should stick with Paul Cook? (n/t) on 08:43 - Sep 12 by bluelagos

“At the moment we are on a losing streak of 1 game”.

We are on a winless streak of 6. This form continues, we go down.
Is anyone on here still with me that we should stick with Paul Cook? (n/t) on 09:04 - Sep 12 with 1707 viewsParky

Absolutely. I understand the concerns and worries, but looking at the bigger picture, there are still 120 points still to play for. We’ve got a squad full of players who have openly admitted they are here because of Paul Cook, sacking him now would completely write this season off, in my opinion. - We all said at the time of the new owners coming in, we don’t want to be a club that goes through 3 managers a season like Watford and Derby.

That all said, Cook isn’t an idiot and knows the pressure is rising. Needs to sort out the defensive side of our game as conceding 2+ goals a game is screwing us. I’d be on the phone to John McGreal and see if he fancies helping out and trying to organise the defence.

Is anyone on here still with me that we should stick with Paul Cook? (n/t) on 09:06 - Sep 12 with 1690 viewsgordon

Then we'll have to give him at least a dozen games with the January replacements I guess?
Is anyone on here still with me that we should stick with Paul Cook? (n/t) on 09:23 - Sep 12 with 1613 viewsphillev231069

Is anyone on here still with me that we should stick with Paul Cook? (n/t) on 09:06 - Sep 12 by gordon

Then we'll have to give him at least a dozen games with the January replacements I guess?

As I said I'm done with Cook and his press conference are becoming jarring. I'm not going to moan if fans still want to give him time, we all have our own opinions and I hope he comes good for the sake of the club but on his own and with his backroom staff I doubt it. Bring in a defensive coach who can help with sorting out our woeful record is the only way I think he'll succeed.
Is anyone on here still with me that we should stick with Paul Cook? (n/t) on 09:37 - Sep 12 with 1526 viewstextbackup

Is anyone on here still with me that we should stick with Paul Cook? (n/t) on 08:25 - Sep 12 by bluelagos

if we don't win by dec, we are down

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Is anyone on here still with me that we should stick with Paul Cook? (n/t) on 09:42 - Sep 12 with 1490 viewsChurchman

If we are reliant on one player, what does that say about the others he’s bought?

Losing streak of one game? Winning streak of nil (zero, nothing, zippo, s@d all) games this season. I wouldn’t mind so much if we were competitive or showing signs of improvement, but we are miles off that.
Is anyone on here still with me that we should stick with Paul Cook? (n/t) on 09:44 - Sep 12 with 1477 viewsgazzer1999

SIMPLY NO.

Is anyone on here still with me that we should stick with Paul Cook? (n/t) on 09:48 - Sep 12 with 1455 viewsWeWereZombies

No

Poll: Who would you like to become the next Chancellor of Germany?

Is anyone on here still with me that we should stick with Paul Cook? (n/t) on 10:11 - Sep 12 with 1375 viewsWeWereZombies

Maybe

Poll: Who would you like to become the next Chancellor of Germany?

Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2021