Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Morning Phil - what are the rules on first team participation in Papa Johns? 07:52 - Sep 12 with 960 viewsMaySixth

I assume we need a set number of kids playing/squad ?

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Morning Phil - what are the rules on first team participation in Papa Johns? on 07:54 - Sep 12 with 950 viewsITFCBlues

I think the rules are the exact opposite of that. If you don't play a certain amount of the side that played the last league game then there's a fine

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Morning Phil - what are the rules on first team participation in Papa Johns? on 08:21 - Sep 12 with 883 viewstextbackup

you ask phil, over a simple google search?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Morning Phil - what are the rules on first team participation in Papa Johns? on 10:06 - Sep 12 with 769 viewsWeWereZombies

Here you are, the result of a quick Google search - https://www.efl.com/papa-johns-trophy/the-competition/rules/

I have even edited it down for you a bit

So now you know, as much as the rest of us do

Make of it what you will...

7.8.1 at least six of the starting eleven players named on the Team Sheet are players who were aged under 21 as at the 30th June in the year in which the Season concerned commenced; and

7.8.2 no more than two players who:

(i) are aged 21 or over; and

(ii) have made 40 or more appearances in a First Team Fixture (either in the starting elven or as a playing substitute) in each case as at the 30th June in the year in which the Season concerned, shall be named on the Team Sheet.

7.9 A Player sent out on a Temporary Loan Transfer (or Temporary Transfer where a Premier League Club) but who remains eligible to participate in non-first team football for his parent club (which would include Premier League 2 matches) will not be eligible to participate in this Competition (on the basis that it is a first team competition) unless otherwise permitted by Rule 7.2.2.

7.10 Players registered only on a PDL8 or other ‘non-first team’ registration form are not eligible to participate in the Competition.

7.11 A maximum of 5 Players registered on a Temporary Loan Transfer (or Temporary Transfer where a Premier League Club) can be named in the Players listed on a team sheet for any individual match played in this Competition. This maximum shall reduce to 4 Players where a Club names a Player on the team sheet who is registered on an Emergency Goalkeeper Loan (or any equivalent Temporary Transfer where a Premier League Club).

7.12 Players registered on a Temporary Loan Transfer (or Temporary Transfer where a Premier League Club) will be eligible to play unless the loaning Club (or club) expressly indicates it does not consent as part of the applicable loan agreement.

7.4 Qualifying Player means any Player who:

7.4.1 had started the immediately preceding First Team Fixture (as defined below);

7.4.2 subsequently starts the immediately following First Team Fixture;

7.4.3 is in the list of ten Players at the Club with the highest number of starting appearances in First Team Fixtures in the same Season;

7.4.4 has made forty or more starting appearances in First Team Fixtures or international equivalents (and not limited to the same Club or Season); or

7.4.5 is on standard loan from a Premier League Club or any EFL Club operating a Category One Academy...

7.6 Any EFL Club failing to meet the requirement to play Full Available Strength will be required to pay a fine of up to £5,000.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Morning Phil - what are the rules on first team participation in Papa Johns? on 10:19 - Sep 12 with 743 viewspointofblue

Morning Phil - what are the rules on first team participation in Papa Johns? on 10:06 - Sep 12 by WeWereZombies

Here you are, the result of a quick Google search - https://www.efl.com/papa-johns-trophy/the-competition/rules/

I have even edited it down for you a bit

So now you know, as much as the rest of us do

Make of it what you will...

7.8.1 at least six of the starting eleven players named on the Team Sheet are players who were aged under 21 as at the 30th June in the year in which the Season concerned commenced; and

7.8.2 no more than two players who:

(i) are aged 21 or over; and

(ii) have made 40 or more appearances in a First Team Fixture (either in the starting elven or as a playing substitute) in each case as at the 30th June in the year in which the Season concerned, shall be named on the Team Sheet.

7.9 A Player sent out on a Temporary Loan Transfer (or Temporary Transfer where a Premier League Club) but who remains eligible to participate in non-first team football for his parent club (which would include Premier League 2 matches) will not be eligible to participate in this Competition (on the basis that it is a first team competition) unless otherwise permitted by Rule 7.2.2.

7.10 Players registered only on a PDL8 or other ‘non-first team’ registration form are not eligible to participate in the Competition.

7.11 A maximum of 5 Players registered on a Temporary Loan Transfer (or Temporary Transfer where a Premier League Club) can be named in the Players listed on a team sheet for any individual match played in this Competition. This maximum shall reduce to 4 Players where a Club names a Player on the team sheet who is registered on an Emergency Goalkeeper Loan (or any equivalent Temporary Transfer where a Premier League Club).

7.12 Players registered on a Temporary Loan Transfer (or Temporary Transfer where a Premier League Club) will be eligible to play unless the loaning Club (or club) expressly indicates it does not consent as part of the applicable loan agreement.

7.4.1 had started the immediately preceding First Team Fixture (as defined below);

7.4.3 is in the list of ten Players at the Club with the highest number of starting appearances in First Team Fixtures in the same Season;

7.4.4 has made forty or more starting appearances in First Team Fixtures or international equivalents (and not limited to the same Club or Season); or

7.4.5 is on standard loan from a Premier League Club or any EFL Club operating a Category One Academy...

7.6 Any EFL Club failing to meet the requirement to play Full Available Strength will be required to pay a fine of up to £5,000.

Just to clarify, section 7.8 is directed at the U23 sides, not us. For us, the requirements are as follows:

7.3 Each EFL Club shall play its Full Available Strength in and during all Matches. Full Available Strength means the EFL Club must include at least four Qualifying Players in the ten outfield Players named in the starting eleven on the Team Sheet.

7.4.5 is on standard loan from a Premier League Club or any EFL Club operating a Category One Academy.

7.5 First Team Fixture means the League Competition, Premier League, EFL Cup or FA Challenge Cup (but shall, in the context of Rules 7.4.3 and 7.4.4 only, also include this Competition).

Many thanks for the link.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Morning Phil - what are the rules on first team participation in Papa Johns? on 10:21 - Sep 12 with 734 viewsWeWereZombies

Morning Phil - what are the rules on first team participation in Papa Johns? on 10:19 - Sep 12 by pointofblue

Just to clarify, section 7.8 is directed at the U23 sides, not us. For us, the requirements are as follows:

7.3 Each EFL Club shall play its Full Available Strength in and during all Matches. Full Available Strength means the EFL Club must include at least four Qualifying Players in the ten outfield Players named in the starting eleven on the Team Sheet.

7.4.5 is on standard loan from a Premier League Club or any EFL Club operating a Category One Academy.

7.5 First Team Fixture means the League Competition, Premier League, EFL Cup or FA Challenge Cup (but shall, in the context of Rules 7.4.3 and 7.4.4 only, also include this Competition).

Many thanks for the link.

Sorry about that, I think I was already drifting off to sleep as I read the definition of terms at the start of the rules...
[Post edited 12 Sep 2021 10:23]

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Morning Phil - what are the rules on first team participation in Papa Johns? on 10:33 - Sep 12 with 705 viewspointofblue

Morning Phil - what are the rules on first team participation in Papa Johns? on 10:21 - Sep 12 by WeWereZombies

Sorry about that, I think I was already drifting off to sleep as I read the definition of terms at the start of the rules...
[Post edited 12 Sep 2021 10:23]

No problem at all.

It does mean we could change the entire starting XI though:
Hladky or Holy (40+ starting appearances)
Donacien (40+)
Penney
Baggott
Woolfenden (40+)
Morsy (40+)
Carroll (40+)
El Mizouni
Barry (Premier League loanee)
Jackson (40+)
Pigott (40+)

Morning Phil - what are the rules on first team participation in Papa Johns? on 10:38 - Sep 12 with 687 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Morning Phil - what are the rules on first team participation in Papa Johns? on 10:33 - Sep 12 by pointofblue

No problem at all.

Donacien (40+)
Penney
Baggott
Woolfenden (40+)
Morsy (40+)
Carroll (40+)
El Mizouni
Jackson (40+)
Pigott (40+)

Baggott and Woolfie won't play. It'll be Burgess and Edmundson again, give them a chance to get yesterday out of their system.

Besides, I suspect Woolfie is carrying an injury,

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Morning Phil - what are the rules on first team participation in Papa Johns? on 10:55 - Sep 12 with 657 viewspointofblue

Morning Phil - what are the rules on first team participation in Papa Johns? on 10:38 - Sep 12 by Cheltenham_Blue

Baggott and Woolfie won't play. It'll be Burgess and Edmundson again, give them a chance to get yesterday out of their system.

Besides, I suspect Woolfie is carrying an injury,

Cook’s keeping it quiet if so as he said Woolfenden was just having a breather yesterday. It would partially explain why Walton didn’t just come out and flatten Burgess prior to their 4th (?) goal if he knew we didn’t have much in way of defensive cover beyond yesterday.

I agree, I think we should at least play the same back five as yesterday if they’re going to be our first choice moving forward - I’m not sure if we will.

Login to get fewer ads

Morning Phil - what are the rules on first team participation in Papa Johns? on 11:13 - Sep 12 with 640 viewsSamWhiteUK

I think any competition that has rules saying you must play a side of maximum strength must be organised by people who know, deep down, that it is pointless.
Morning Phil - what are the rules on first team participation in Papa Johns? on 11:16 - Sep 12 with 634 viewspointofblue

Morning Phil - what are the rules on first team participation in Papa Johns? on 11:13 - Sep 12 by SamWhiteUK

I think any competition that has rules saying you must play a side of maximum strength must be organised by people who know, deep down, that it is pointless.

I think the Premier League has the same rule, hence Wolves were punished when McCarthy fielded a scratch team at Old Trafford prior to a game against Burnley.

Morning Phil - what are the rules on first team participation in Papa Johns? on 11:55 - Sep 12 with 594 viewsRadlett_blue

Morning Phil - what are the rules on first team participation in Papa Johns? on 10:33 - Sep 12 by pointofblue

No problem at all.

Donacien (40+)
Penney
Baggott
Woolfenden (40+)
Morsy (40+)
Carroll (40+)
El Mizouni
Jackson (40+)
Pigott (40+)

With the defence a shambles, isn't Tuesday a chance to try to get some continuity? If Cook plays a reserve XI, the game becomes near pointless beyond getting some match fitness into fringe players. We seem to be right back where we were, with a bloated squad & a manager with no idea of his best starting XI. You would hope things might look better after the next 3 league games, but if they aren't, I don't know what happens next.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Morning Phil - what are the rules on first team participation in Papa Johns? on 11:57 - Sep 12 with 586 viewspointofblue

Morning Phil - what are the rules on first team participation in Papa Johns? on 11:55 - Sep 12 by Radlett_blue

With the defence a shambles, isn't Tuesday a chance to try to get some continuity? If Cook plays a reserve XI, the game becomes near pointless beyond getting some match fitness into fringe players. We seem to be right back where we were, with a bloated squad & a manager with no idea of his best starting XI. You would hope things might look better after the next 3 league games, but if they aren't, I don't know what happens next.

Yes, I agreed we should at least play our first choice defence but I wouldn’t be surprised if he changes the whole side.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024