Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Cook v Michael Appleton next weekend… 08:24 - Sep 12 with 1235 viewsitfcjoe

……could be quite an interesting game if you were to believe that Appleton was who O’Leary and Ashton had originally wanted.

Another game where we get out coached as badly as we did yesterday will make things very difficult

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Paul Cook v Michael Appleton next weekend… on 08:26 - Sep 12 with 1199 viewstextbackup

hope we keep it to only 4 conceded

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Paul Cook v Michael Appleton next weekend… on 08:32 - Sep 12 with 1152 viewsitfcjoe

Paul Cook v Michael Appleton next weekend… on 08:26 - Sep 12 by textbackup

Lincoln away not been a good place for us - the FA Cup defeat to a non league side, then the 5-3 when Lambert should have been sacked - and lost again there last year

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Paul Cook v Michael Appleton next weekend… on 08:40 - Sep 12 with 1086 viewsMullet

I was pretty annoyed last time I went there, I’m dreading how I’ll feel after full time next week. What have we become?

I’m not even confident of a new manager bounce by Lincoln either to turn this around.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Paul Cook v Michael Appleton next weekend… on 08:40 - Sep 12 with 1082 viewsRomeo4

Every game so far I’ve thought “today will be the day we begin our surge to the Championship”. After yesterday I’m starting to seriously question whether that day is ever going to happen. I certainly don’t feel that Lincoln away is the game we need right now.

It’s come to something when we fear Lincoln City!

I’m still hopeful things will improve. Still hopeful that the Cook is the man to deliver. But it is now ‘hope’ rather than ‘belief’.

This club we support. Utterly bonkers!
Paul Cook v Michael Appleton next weekend… on 08:43 - Sep 12 with 1047 viewsgordon

Paul Cook v Michael Appleton next weekend… on 08:26 - Sep 12 by textbackup

Anthony Scully could get 4 on his own against whoever we put out at right-back.
Paul Cook v Michael Appleton next weekend… on 08:46 - Sep 12 with 1019 viewsgordon

Paul Cook v Michael Appleton next weekend… on 08:40 - Sep 12 by Romeo4

Every game so far I’ve thought “today will be the day we begin our surge to the Championship”. After yesterday I’m starting to seriously question whether that day is ever going to happen. I certainly don’t feel that Lincoln away is the game we need right now.

It’s come to something when we fear Lincoln City!

I’m still hopeful things will improve. Still hopeful that the Cook is the man to deliver. But it is now ‘hope’ rather than ‘belief’.

This club we support. Utterly bonkers!

Will be very interesting to see if we play three centre-midfielders to try and shore things up and avoid another humping, or we just go for the trusted Cook 4-2-3-1 with the full-backs bombing on and the two centre-midfielders strolling around in their own little world.
Paul Cook v Michael Appleton next weekend… on 08:46 - Sep 12 with 1015 viewshype313

Nothing fills me with any confidence going into this game.

Woken up still angry, despondent despite the amazing success of Raducanu's achievement.

Another hammering will put enormous pressure on Cook, can't see how he would survive it.

Still scratching my head thinking how after 7 games our next one is a must win.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Paul Cook v Michael Appleton next weekend… on 08:47 - Sep 12 with 1005 viewsunstableblue

I promoted Appleton as the kind of ‘technical’ manager we needed after years of looking inferior from a system, shape, movement perspective

I’m sick of leaving Portman Road feeling we’ve been out passed and out though by an opposition side - it’s been going on for a decade

Ian Evatt did a complete job on Cook yesterday, exposed some shape issues related to our more advanced full backs

I am now very concerned whether Cook has the technical thinking to us more rigid and structured at the back…. Going forward we have the ability to terrorise teams… but look like we can opened up at any time

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Login to get fewer ads

Paul Cook v Michael Appleton next weekend… on 08:59 - Sep 12 with 916 viewsRomeo4

Paul Cook v Michael Appleton next weekend… on 08:46 - Sep 12 by gordon

Will be very interesting to see if we play three centre-midfielders to try and shore things up and avoid another humping, or we just go for the trusted Cook 4-2-3-1 with the full-backs bombing on and the two centre-midfielders strolling around in their own little world.

I expect more of the same to be honest. A totally open game where we just hope we manage to score one more than the opposition for once! Our quality going forward has to be exceptional to balance out our openness when not in possession.

If nothing else, we must be great to watch for a neutral! It’s not dull is it?!
Paul Cook v Michael Appleton next weekend… on 09:14 - Sep 12 with 854 viewsgordon

Paul Cook v Michael Appleton next weekend… on 08:59 - Sep 12 by Romeo4

I expect more of the same to be honest. A totally open game where we just hope we manage to score one more than the opposition for once! Our quality going forward has to be exceptional to balance out our openness when not in possession.

If nothing else, we must be great to watch for a neutral! It’s not dull is it?!

I'd be gobsmacked if we went to Lincoln with the same approach - we'll see I guess. I'm more expecting a rejigged, more defensive setup that looks ineffectual going forward, and we lose 1-0 / 2-0.
Paul Cook v Michael Appleton next weekend… on 09:43 - Sep 12 with 722 viewsgazzer1999

Paul Cook v Michael Appleton next weekend… on 08:40 - Sep 12 by Mullet

I was pretty annoyed last time I went there, I’m dreading how I’ll feel after full time next week. What have we become?

I’m not even confident of a new manager bounce by Lincoln either to turn this around.

Ha, new manager bounce we are still waiting for Cook's 24 games later. Evan's parting shot at us long suffering fans, pick another duff manager and even worse backroom staff. I called it at the time and nothing I have seen since has me convinced that he is the one for us.
If the Americans are watching as intently as they should be then Cook will be gone before the Lincoln game.
This current incumbent even managed to mess up what Matt Gill and Bryan Klug started, which was to win a game. He is well out of his depth at ITFC and should be put out of his misery, and don't get me started on his backroom coaches. K.D. for me with an older pair of shoulders alongside, be that Burley, Klug, Butcher, McGreal or failing that Mowbray and Venus. What is quite clear is we need an ITFC background within the setup.
Paul Cook v Michael Appleton next weekend… on 09:47 - Sep 12 with 683 viewsMullet

Paul Cook v Michael Appleton next weekend… on 09:43 - Sep 12 by gazzer1999

Ha, new manager bounce we are still waiting for Cook's 24 games later. Evan's parting shot at us long suffering fans, pick another duff manager and even worse backroom staff. I called it at the time and nothing I have seen since has me convinced that he is the one for us.
If the Americans are watching as intently as they should be then Cook will be gone before the Lincoln game.
This current incumbent even managed to mess up what Matt Gill and Bryan Klug started, which was to win a game. He is well out of his depth at ITFC and should be put out of his misery, and don't get me started on his backroom coaches. K.D. for me with an older pair of shoulders alongside, be that Burley, Klug, Butcher, McGreal or failing that Mowbray and Venus. What is quite clear is we need an ITFC background within the setup.

It wasn’t Cook I was referring to

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Paul Cook v Michael Appleton next weekend… on 09:51 - Sep 12 with 648 viewsRomeo4

Paul Cook v Michael Appleton next weekend… on 09:14 - Sep 12 by gordon

I'd be gobsmacked if we went to Lincoln with the same approach - we'll see I guess. I'm more expecting a rejigged, more defensive setup that looks ineffectual going forward, and we lose 1-0 / 2-0.

I’m not sure he has the players to set up more defensively. The recruitment has been done with his 4231 system in mind.

Perhaps Donacien will start and Coulson will be told to reign in his attacking instincts but that’s about it I reckon.
Paul Cook v Michael Appleton next weekend… on 09:54 - Sep 12 with 633 viewspointofblue

Paul Cook v Michael Appleton next weekend… on 09:43 - Sep 12 by gazzer1999

I think the ‘coaching’ staff joined under Gamechanger, not Evans? Except for Roberts.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024