Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Whilst yesterday was very disappointing (again)... 10:55 - Sep 12 with 778 viewspennblue

We can only make judgements on what we see before us:

- Midfield needs more competition (sorted, Carroll, Morsy, Celina)

- KVY is obviously having a hard time defensively for some reason in this system.
Sorted, Donacien replaced him

- New goalkeeper was dodgy at start of season, goalkeeper replaced

Yesterday was the first time the defence played together, and perhaps they were unfortunate to come up against a potent Bolton strike force. Not an ideal first game for them.

I still think the earliest you can even begin to make fair judgements on this team is End of October.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Whilst yesterday was very disappointing (again)... on 10:59 - Sep 12 with 765 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Saying ‘we can only make judgements on what we see before us’ and then concluding that all the issues with the side are sorted after losing 5-2 at home is quite the take

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Whilst yesterday was very disappointing (again)... on 11:54 - Sep 12 with 681 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

"Yesterday was the first time the defence played together, and perhaps they were unfortunate to come up against a potent Bolton strike force. Not an ideal first game for them."

100% Paul Cooks choice.

Stop making excuses.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Whilst yesterday was very disappointing (again)... on 11:59 - Sep 12 with 665 viewsjas0999

If this continues until the end of October we will be in real trouble. Need to start winning league games starting at Lincoln. No excuses now we need results.
Whilst yesterday was very disappointing (again)... on 12:00 - Sep 12 with 659 viewsDubtractor

Whilst yesterday was very disappointing (again)... on 10:59 - Sep 12 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Saying ‘we can only make judgements on what we see before us’ and then concluding that all the issues with the side are sorted after losing 5-2 at home is quite the take

Quite the mental gymnastics on display.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Whilst yesterday was very disappointing (again)... on 12:08 - Sep 12 with 642 viewsChurchman

I thought we were playing Bolton, not Man City or Chelsea. We are miles short in fitness, set up, tactics and ability in certain areas of the pitch. We are also short of heart, bottle, call it what you will.

They got a hiding. They are at the bottom of the old third division and fully deserve to be there. The only judgements left to be made are on the quality of the players recruited.

I’ve often said end of October, but sorry Mr Cook I don’t think we can wait that long. No more excuses.
Whilst yesterday was very disappointing (again)... on 12:14 - Sep 12 with 620 viewsreusersfreekicks

Nonsense
Whilst yesterday was very disappointing (again)... on 13:09 - Sep 12 with 507 viewspennblue

Whilst yesterday was very disappointing (again)... on 10:59 - Sep 12 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

The point I making was that problems are being addressed.

But as always, it ultimately comes down to the players to decide whether they are going to become a winning group or not. For that to happen, you need enough winners in the group, who won't accept anything less.

If he has not recruited the correct types, then that will be his downfall.

Still too early to make any sensible judgements.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2021 13:10]

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Whilst yesterday was very disappointing (again)... on 13:14 - Sep 12 with 491 viewspointofblue

Whilst yesterday was very disappointing (again)... on 13:09 - Sep 12 by pennblue

The point I making was that problems are being addressed.

But as always, it ultimately comes down to the players to decide whether they are going to become a winning group or not. For that to happen, you need enough winners in the group, who won't accept anything less.

If he has not recruited the correct types, then that will be his downfall.

Still too early to make any sensible judgements.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2021 13:10]

Are they? If addressing the problems is being overly reliant on one midfielder, ditching one defender for supposedly not being good enough only to see his replacement perform even worse, have three goalkeepers in the squad, none of whom can dominate the penalty box and a replacement right back who has very little attacking nous when we rely on width going forwards then... yes, I guess we are.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024