Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If Cook were to go... 12:20 - Sep 12 with 720 viewswkj

I still can't knock David Artell off of the top spot on my manager wishlist. Crewe does the basics well, but can also turn it up in spells for entertaining football. He was very much a project manager at Crewe to begin with, and he flourished.

I think he'd be a perfect fit here if we end up having a cookout.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2021 12:21]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

If Cook were to go... on 12:24 - Sep 12 with 700 viewsMullet

My only reservation is that he seems a bit of an asshole as well as “found his level” in his demeanour. I know a couple of lads from Crewe but they’re both United fans, so little use in pumping for information on him.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

If Cook were to go... on 12:24 - Sep 12 with 695 viewspointofblue

With the squad we have I think we need to bring in a manager who has had proven success to make them pull their weight and respect him. Although a massive stretch for us, Howe dragged Bournemouth from League Two to the Premier League so the pedigree is there to get players to listen.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

If Cook were to go... on 12:26 - Sep 12 with 684 viewswkj

If Cook were to go... on 12:24 - Sep 12 by Mullet

My only reservation is that he seems a bit of an asshole as well as “found his level” in his demeanour. I know a couple of lads from Crewe but they’re both United fans, so little use in pumping for information on him.

I do have family who came through the academy and have heard that Artell can be frosty. I am not overly against having a grumpy manager if they bring results though.

Crybaby

If Cook were to go... on 12:31 - Sep 12 with 623 viewstractorboy1978

He's at a very unique club in Crewe, and well integrated in their setup and into the manner in which they operate. He's worked with a lot of their players from young kids through to first team level. It's always a concern how those types will do/cope outside of the bubble they are accustomed to.
If Cook were to go... on 12:32 - Sep 12 with 615 viewspointofblue

If Cook were to go... on 12:31 - Sep 12 by tractorboy1978

He's at a very unique club in Crewe, and well integrated in their setup and into the manner in which they operate. He's worked with a lot of their players from young kids through to first team level. It's always a concern how those types will do/cope outside of the bubble they are accustomed to.

Dare I say it - see Hurst.

If Cook were to go... on 12:36 - Sep 12 with 590 viewsJ2BLUE

Too much of a risk and wasn't he a complete bell over us signing KVY?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

If Cook were to go... on 12:37 - Sep 12 with 579 viewswkj

If Cook were to go... on 12:32 - Sep 12 by pointofblue

Dare I say it - see Hurst.

The only comparison between Artell and Hurst that I can think of is that the pair of them had a limited CV at the time we would have been likely to court either of them. Others and myself watched the Scunthorpe playoff game before he came here and had apprehensions about the way he worked.

Of course, Howe would be a fantasy for many fans, but I just can't see him being as likely to join as someone in Artell's position. Im not going to shout anyone down about it - but I do think many are overestimating our current stature.

Also, Cook was a manager with 'proven success'. So far he has only proved he's a failure with town. I am not against supporting him if that changes - but I can't see that happening as quick as we need it to.

Crybaby

If Cook were to go... on 12:42 - Sep 12 with 555 viewswkj

If Cook were to go... on 12:36 - Sep 12 by J2BLUE

Too much of a risk and wasn't he a complete bell over us signing KVY?

I think he did make some strong comments about it, but nothing I would say came across as provocative. Given his position in L2 at the time, what he had to say about the KVY transfer and Perry Ng has become somewhat accurate.

As for risk - who isn't at this stage. Our proven manager we have right now has not really inspired faith in the proven catagory.

Crybaby

Login to get fewer ads

If Cook were to go... on 12:44 - Sep 12 with 540 viewspointofblue

If Cook were to go... on 12:37 - Sep 12 by wkj

The only comparison between Artell and Hurst that I can think of is that the pair of them had a limited CV at the time we would have been likely to court either of them. Others and myself watched the Scunthorpe playoff game before he came here and had apprehensions about the way he worked.

Of course, Howe would be a fantasy for many fans, but I just can't see him being as likely to join as someone in Artell's position. Im not going to shout anyone down about it - but I do think many are overestimating our current stature.

Also, Cook was a manager with 'proven success'. So far he has only proved he's a failure with town. I am not against supporting him if that changes - but I can't see that happening as quick as we need it to.

I know what you mean but we have a squad full of battle hardened promotion winners and players from a higher level. If we bring in someone like Artell then I fear the reaction would be similar to Moyes at Manchester United - “what have you done to prove you know what you’re talking about compared to us?”

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024