Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Other managers/pundits comments 13:07 - Sep 12 with 1158 viewsBent_double

Just about every manager - after their team has played us (and won!) - heaps praise on Cook and the fantastic set of players we have here.

Now, I get they could be taking the proverbial, but they're right, Cook is the best manager in L1, based on previous achievements at other clubs, so either it's another case of the assistant manager being the key to success, or he just needs time to get it right....plus a decent experienced defensive coach.

It's been the worst possible start that any of us could have imagined, but I think the worst thing now would be to get rid of Cook. Get him a defensive coach and by Christmas we will be working our way up the table towards the POs or better - hopefully just as other teams suffer their own mid-season wobble.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Other managers/pundits comments on 13:10 - Sep 12 with 1121 viewstimothyeo

When you're an underdog thats beaten the favourite you tend to play up to media about the quality and resources available to the opposition making your victory look even better.
Other managers/pundits comments on 13:40 - Sep 12 with 1031 viewsSteve_M

After the way last season finished and the amount of change we have had this Summer, getting off to a poor start was always a strong possibility. Many of us cautioned against the scale of the change for that reason.

Cook has had 23 matches and two complete sets of players with little sign of actually achieving anything; we’ve got less coherent as a team as this season has gone on. Cook will get more time because he’s been so heavily backed but the idea he’s the best manager in this division is getting harder to sustain regardless of his previous record.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2021 14:11]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Other managers/pundits comments on 13:55 - Sep 12 with 934 viewsMattinLondon

Managers tend not to criticise other managers.

Past achievements mean nothing when compared to the present.
Other managers/pundits comments on 14:01 - Sep 12 with 892 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Is this another take on "the football is better"?

The opposition managers say Cook is a good manager just after they have proven to be better than him.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Other managers/pundits comments on 14:06 - Sep 12 with 869 viewsChurchman

It’s the easiest thing in the world to big up the opposition when you’ve just hammered them. There is every reason to do it, not least that you have to play them again and if with a few kind words you can help keep the mug in place, happy days.

No manager ever sticks the boot in on somebody they’ve just trampled all over. As for supporters, it’s the same. After Norwich let in 7 to to Colchester, I really hoped they’d keep Gunn on - because he was useless and it would pile on the misery. Sadly, their Board showed some sense and the rest is history.
Other managers/pundits comments on 16:07 - Sep 12 with 677 viewsIllinoisblue

It’s the sort of waffle I say to my kids U12 opponents after we’ve handed out a hiding. “Thanks coach, great effort. Nice work boys, thanks for coming”

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Other managers/pundits comments on 16:10 - Sep 12 with 654 viewsSharkey

"Oh come now, Ian, you're not too shabby yourself!"
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024