Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not just us trying to bed in or gel it seems… 13:28 - Sep 12 with 2331 viewsArnieM

Arsenal won their first game v Norwich having been bottom of the PL without a win or a goal . I didn’t realise that they have had a total squad overhaul ( just like us)… then there’s this from RADT re Bolton…..

“ The Trotters were 19th in League Two a full 26 games into last season. Then they won 15 of their final 20 matches to storm to automatic promotion. New boss Ian Evatt needed time to get his new-look team up and running. Patience was rewarded. Now they have upward momentum. “

So why should Town and some of our fans EXPECT immediate results ?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Not just us trying to bed in or gel it seems… on 13:33 - Sep 12 with 2110 viewspointofblue

My concern isn’t the lack of immediate results but, game by game, we seem to be getting worse rather than better. The holes in midfield are growing, we’re becoming more and more exposed at the back and weaknesses are being exploited yet not addressed (bar perhaps defending set pieces).

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Not just us trying to bed in or gel it seems… on 13:49 - Sep 12 with 2049 viewsstonojnr

I love the fact its now considered unreasonable expectation for a football fan just to want to see their team win a game.
Not just us trying to bed in or gel it seems… on 13:52 - Sep 12 with 2035 viewsjayessess

Not terribly common for teams to be 19th after 26 games and end up 3rd, is it?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Not just us trying to bed in or gel it seems… on 13:54 - Sep 12 with 2023 viewsMattinLondon

It’s not immediate- he’s had 23 matches. To say otherwise is simply accepting excuses for failure.
Not just us trying to bed in or gel it seems… on 13:55 - Sep 12 with 2016 viewspositivity

Not just us trying to bed in or gel it seems… on 13:33 - Sep 12 by pointofblue

My concern isn’t the lack of immediate results but, game by game, we seem to be getting worse rather than better. The holes in midfield are growing, we’re becoming more and more exposed at the back and weaknesses are being exploited yet not addressed (bar perhaps defending set pieces).

i don't think we're getting worse game by game. wimbledon & fakewimbledon were better than cheltenham, so it's got worse this game.

the holes in midfield have been addressed by morsy's arrival, but in the short-term we have to wait.

similarly the defensive weaknesses will not be solved overnight by bringing in edmundson, burgess and walton, partnerships and understanding

yes it's bad, but it's unfair to say nothing's being done about it....

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Not just us trying to bed in or gel it seems… on 13:58 - Sep 12 with 2000 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I know nothing about Arsenal's or Bolton's details on this. However, Arsenal have now won and haven't yet had 6 league games. I bet there was pressure on Arteta too.

The biggest issue for me, is that there are clear failings on the pitch and we don't appear to be making any progress addressing them.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Not just us trying to bed in or gel it seems… on 14:02 - Sep 12 with 1978 viewspositivity

Not just us trying to bed in or gel it seems… on 13:58 - Sep 12 by Nthsuffolkblue

I know nothing about Arsenal's or Bolton's details on this. However, Arsenal have now won and haven't yet had 6 league games. I bet there was pressure on Arteta too.

The biggest issue for me, is that there are clear failings on the pitch and we don't appear to be making any progress addressing them.

which failings are we not addressing?

Good post and this is why Cook isn’t going anywhere soon on 14:04 - Sep 12 with 1977 viewsunstableblue

But yesterday felt like a capitulation and 3, 4, even 5 steps back

Even Bolton fans were tweeting in support of Cook and referencing your point

Edmundson showed some good aspects but was terribly ring rusty

We need to consolidate in the next two games and then go on a run

Cooks form last season has rightly given him very little credit with many fans though

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Login to get fewer ads

Not just us trying to bed in or gel it seems… on 14:34 - Sep 12 with 1920 viewshomer_123

Not just us trying to bed in or gel it seems… on 13:55 - Sep 12 by positivity

i don't think we're getting worse game by game. wimbledon & fakewimbledon were better than cheltenham, so it's got worse this game.

the holes in midfield have been addressed by morsy's arrival, but in the short-term we have to wait.

similarly the defensive weaknesses will not be solved overnight by bringing in edmundson, burgess and walton, partnerships and understanding

So...yesterday is the bottom then?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Not just us trying to bed in or gel it seems… on 14:41 - Sep 12 with 1908 viewspositivity

Not just us trying to bed in or gel it seems… on 14:34 - Sep 12 by homer_123

So...yesterday is the bottom then?

who can say! i hope so, but wouldn't be surprised if we lose to the hammers u-21s...

Not just us trying to bed in or gel it seems… on 14:44 - Sep 12 with 1895 viewspointofblue

Not just us trying to bed in or gel it seems… on 14:41 - Sep 12 by positivity

who can say! i hope so, but wouldn't be surprised if we lose to the hammers u-21s...

That would be apt as, in some ways, I think it started when we lost to their first XI in the play offs for the second and final time under Royle.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Not just us trying to bed in or gel it seems… on 14:45 - Sep 12 with 1892 viewshomer_123

Not just us trying to bed in or gel it seems… on 14:41 - Sep 12 by positivity

I said a few weeks ago...if we go through Sept without a win....he's got to go.

He couldn't get anything from the squad last year. He's rebuilt but getting nothing from this lot.

2 weeks of solid coaching and we get worse.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Not just us trying to bed in or gel it seems… on 14:54 - Sep 12 with 1871 viewspositivity

Not just us trying to bed in or gel it seems… on 14:45 - Sep 12 by homer_123

I said a few weeks ago...if we go through Sept without a win....he's got to go.

He couldn't get anything from the squad last year. He's rebuilt but getting nothing from this lot.

2 weeks of solid coaching and we get worse.

i still think we'll win in september though.

he's a proven manager, and i don't believe just because he's now 'itfc manager' he's become useless.

he has bought in his own players, but they're not fit yet and they don't know each other yet.

we'll need more than 2 weeks of 'solid coaching' (with half the team available) before we can see what this lot can do

Not just us trying to bed in or gel it seems… on 15:04 - Sep 12 with 1853 viewsArnieM

Not just us trying to bed in or gel it seems… on 13:55 - Sep 12 by positivity

I’d say this ^^^^^ is pretty much how I see it too.

It’s a shame that as a fan base we’ve had to endure nearly 20yrs of being let down by the Club , and in many ways it’s understandable that some are very edgy and have no patience ….. but if we can just hang in there a bit longer , with the quality that is now clearly in this squad, it will come good. Promotion this season would always be an obvious goal but maybe in the back of significant wholesale changes , is actually just not realistic this season ?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Not just us trying to bed in or gel it seems… on 15:23 - Sep 12 with 1809 viewsjayessess

Not just us trying to bed in or gel it seems… on 15:04 - Sep 12 by ArnieM

I’d say this ^^^^^ is pretty much how I see it too.

It’s a shame that as a fan base we’ve had to endure nearly 20yrs of being let down by the Club , and in many ways it’s understandable that some are very edgy and have no patience ….. but if we can just hang in there a bit longer , with the quality that is now clearly in this squad, it will come good. Promotion this season would always be an obvious goal but maybe in the back of significant wholesale changes , is actually just not realistic this season ?

I don't get why people think Ipswich Town fans are especially impatient. Cook successfully pinned last season on the players and got a clean slate this Summer, very very few fanbases would've offered that. This season, despite a terrible start and the worst league position in our modern history, he still gets applauded onto the pitch every game and as positive an atmosphere as any manager could expect given the circumstances.

It isn't "realistic" to expect more than that.

Not just us trying to bed in or gel it seems… on 15:27 - Sep 12 with 1793 viewsbackwaywhen

Not just us trying to bed in or gel it seems… on 13:33 - Sep 12 by pointofblue

Liam Richardson simple as , Cook has not got the nouse to put the jigsaw together on the pitch ,.
This smacks of Lambert without Culverhouse IMHO
Not just us trying to bed in or gel it seems… on 15:33 - Sep 12 with 1771 viewsDubtractor

Not just us trying to bed in or gel it seems… on 14:02 - Sep 12 by positivity

The failing of having no tactical plan of any use at all when we don't have the ball.

We ship goals, yet leave so much space for teams to play in. That's not about players, it is about how Cook sets the team up.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Not just us trying to bed in or gel it seems… on 15:52 - Sep 12 with 1720 viewsjayessess

Not just us trying to bed in or gel it seems… on 15:33 - Sep 12 by Dubtractor

The failing of having no tactical plan of any use at all when we don't have the ball.

We ship goals, yet leave so much space for teams to play in. That's not about players, it is about how Cook sets the team up.

The strange thing about our gelling/bedding in is that the most dysfunctional part of the team is the centre midfield. Harper joined on 25 June, Evans on 4 June. Evans has also been playing in Cook's system off and on since he first signed for Evans in 2017. Surely if any part of the team was going to be up to speed for the start of the season, it'd be that part?

Not just us trying to bed in or gel it seems… on 15:54 - Sep 12 with 1711 viewspositivity

Not just us trying to bed in or gel it seems… on 15:23 - Sep 12 by jayessess

I don't get why people think Ipswich Town fans are especially impatient. Cook successfully pinned last season on the players and got a clean slate this Summer, very very few fanbases would've offered that. This season, despite a terrible start and the worst league position in our modern history, he still gets applauded onto the pitch every game and as positive an atmosphere as any manager could expect given the circumstances.

It isn't "realistic" to expect more than that.

he didn't get clean slate from many on here though!

Not just us trying to bed in or gel it seems… on 15:57 - Sep 12 with 1699 viewsjayessess

Not just us trying to bed in or gel it seems… on 15:54 - Sep 12 by positivity

he didn't get clean slate from many on here though!

You're never going to get 100% support from a public comprised of 10,000s of people. He got as clean a slate as you are ever going to get as a manager.

Not just us trying to bed in or gel it seems… on 16:13 - Sep 12 with 1652 viewsIllinoisblue

Not just us trying to bed in or gel it seems… on 15:27 - Sep 12 by backwaywhen

Liam Richardson simple as , Cook has not got the nouse to put the jigsaw together on the pitch ,.
This smacks of Lambert without Culverhouse IMHO

It’s Leam Richardson ffs. How is it everyone bigging him can’t spell his fooking name correctly?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Not just us trying to bed in or gel it seems… on 16:22 - Sep 12 with 1624 viewsbobbyramsey

Not just us trying to bed in or gel it seems… on 14:54 - Sep 12 by positivity

i still think we'll win in september though.

he's a proven manager, and i don't believe just because he's now 'itfc manager' he's become useless.

he has bought in his own players, but they're not fit yet and they don't know each other yet.

we'll need more than 2 weeks of 'solid coaching' (with half the team available) before we can see what this lot can do

I like your positivity.....
Not just us trying to bed in or gel it seems… on 18:13 - Sep 12 with 1470 viewsIllinoisblue

Not just us trying to bed in or gel it seems… on 14:02 - Sep 12 by positivity

The one where we concede at least two goals every game

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Not just us trying to bed in or gel it seems… on 18:27 - Sep 12 with 1429 viewspositivity

Not just us trying to bed in or gel it seems… on 18:13 - Sep 12 by Illinoisblue

The one where we concede at least two goals every game

we are *addressing* that (buying morsy, edmundson, burgess etc) what we're failing at so far is *solving* them!

Not just us trying to bed in or gel it seems… on 08:55 - Sep 13 with 1169 viewsOldboy

I don't see it as immediate results, more of a progressive improvement. So far no sign of that. These are professional managers and players who just need to do their job. Most of our squad are seen as Championship players, so for L1, they should be doing better. Please stop with the excuses, they have had enough time to deliver. Professional footballers should be able to adapt to new systems and playing style quickly. The manager should be able to see those who can and can't adapt. If the system isn't working,. then the manager should change it to suit his players. PLEASE, NO MORE EXCUSES.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024