Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tuesday 15:47 - Sep 12 with 2200 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Walton

KVY
Edmundson
Burgess
Penny

Carroll
Morsy

Fraser
Barry
Edwards

Pigott

Subs:

Hladky
Donacien
Woolfenden
Chirewa
Chaplin
Aluko
Bonne

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Tuesday on 15:53 - Sep 12 with 2168 viewsgazzer1999

Sorry 4-2-3-1 is a no no.
Don't go with what cook would go with, go with what you would go with and your formation.
Tuesday on 15:53 - Sep 12 with 2167 viewspositivity

agree with the same back 5, i doubt fraser and edwards will be risked, might give morris a game and try jackson out wide

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Tuesday on 16:28 - Sep 12 with 2090 viewsgordon

I would go something like:

Holy
KVY Woolfenden Burgess Penney

Carroll Morsy El Mizouni

Barry Pigott Aluko
[Post edited 12 Sep 2021 16:29]
Tuesday on 16:34 - Sep 12 with 2064 viewschicoazul

Holy

Woolf right back
Toto
Janoi
KVY left back

Morsy
Carroll
Fraser

Burns
Bonne
Aluko

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Tuesday on 16:49 - Sep 12 with 2018 viewsgordon

Tuesday on 16:34 - Sep 12 by chicoazul

Holy

Woolf right back
Toto
Janoi
KVY left back

Morsy
Carroll
Fraser

Burns
Bonne
Aluko

If Toto is fit he's the first name on the teamsheet every week, until anyone else in the squad learns to actually defend.
Tuesday on 16:54 - Sep 12 with 1998 viewschicoazul

Tuesday on 16:49 - Sep 12 by gordon

If Toto is fit he's the first name on the teamsheet every week, until anyone else in the squad learns to actually defend.

Agreed.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Tuesday on 17:00 - Sep 12 with 1976 viewsgordon

Tuesday on 16:54 - Sep 12 by chicoazul

Agreed.

Think we also need a club rule that we don't have to spend £££s to sign every single player that has one decent season at Accrington amidst a journeyman career.
Tuesday on 17:21 - Sep 12 with 1918 viewsrgp1

Whilst I share your optimism and agree that we desperately need a win. I think cook will disregard it and play the kids.
Login to get fewer ads

Tuesday on 17:22 - Sep 12 with 1911 viewsWickets

Tuesday on 17:21 - Sep 12 by rgp1

Whilst I share your optimism and agree that we desperately need a win. I think cook will disregard it and play the kids.

Blimey hope your wrong .
Tuesday on 17:42 - Sep 12 with 1873 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Tuesday on 17:21 - Sep 12 by rgp1

If he plays the kids, we are going to end up with a lot of first team players that just can't get a game. Not the best way to get players to 'gel' I'd say.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Tuesday on 18:10 - Sep 12 with 1793 viewsrgp1

Tuesday on 17:22 - Sep 12 by Wickets

Blimey hope your wrong .

I hope I'm wrong, not defending him but did say what his priorities were and pizza trophy was at the bottom. Think you're more likely to see the likes of hughes Clements and Humphreys.
Tuesday on 18:20 - Sep 12 with 1774 viewspointofblue

Walton

Vincent-Young
Edmundson
Burgess
Coulson

Carroll
Evans
Harper

Burns
Aluko
Bonne

Substitutes: Hladky/Holy, Donacien, Woolfenden, Morsy, Barry, Chaplin, Pigott

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Tuesday on 18:51 - Sep 12 with 1717 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Walton

KVY Burgess Edmundson Coulson

Harper Evans

Barry Chaplin Aluko

Pigott

Poll: Our final position

Tuesday on 20:15 - Sep 12 with 1621 viewsmkbobby

Walton
Wolf. Edmundsen. Burgess

Morsy

Barry. Chaplin Aluko Penney

Pigott. Bonne
Tuesday on 20:17 - Sep 12 with 1610 viewschicoazul

Interesting to see how many people don’t believe in changing much or at all a defence that let in 5 goals in the last game.

Tuesday on 20:25 - Sep 12 with 1600 viewschrismakin

Walton
Burns
Wolfenden
Burgess
Coulsen

Morsey
Carroll

Barry
Fraser
Penney

Piggott

my choice based on PC formation

I posted earlier my preferred but in a 3 5 2

but I think PC will go

Walton

Donacien
Edmundson
Wolfenden
Penney

Morsey
Idris

Chaplin
Piggott
Barry

Jackson

[Post edited 12 Sep 2021 20:28]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Tuesday on 20:35 - Sep 12 with 1575 viewsDurovigutum

Tuesday on 20:17 - Sep 12 by chicoazul

Interesting to see how many people don’t believe in changing much or at all a defence that let in 5 goals in the last game.

I was fortunate enough to miss Saturdays game (I was officiating an FA Vase game which was far more enjoyable in the end).

If you have a team that is conceding 2 a game, but through individual errors and the inability to "gel", then changing the base of the spine (keeper and centre back) when you have a free hit game three days later looks "odd". The resulting five goals conceded makes hindsight 20:20, but the old fashioned footballer in me would be keeping the back four plus keeper the same unless injuries force a change to try to give us a base to build on. The pizza cup should see the same team played as far as possible, we absolutely need some consistent game time and some results.
Tuesday on 20:58 - Sep 12 with 1537 viewspositivity

Tuesday on 20:17 - Sep 12 by chicoazul

not really, most of us think we have 5 good players there.

what they need is playing time together, what better chance than in a glorified friendly

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Tuesday on 10:08 - Sep 13 with 1303 viewsPinewoodblue

Realistically Edmundson & Burgess need to play in the Trophy game, but doubt Edmundson is fit enough, unless Cook intends to rest him against Lincoln, so Woolfie plays tomorrow.

If, as this link seems to suggest, Villa are not happy about Barry’s lack of playing time then he will start.

https://todayuknews.com/us-news/aston-villa-told-to-take-action-on-pointless-lou

Not expecting more than4-5 of Saturday’s outfield players to start. Disjointed team …more of the same. Like watching a real Football Manager season .

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Tuesday on 10:10 - Sep 13 with 1297 viewsVaughan8

Tuesday on 16:49 - Sep 12 by gordon

If this happens we really are doomed haha
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024