Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ryder Cup European wild card picks 20:41 - Sep 12 with 987 viewsbluestandard

Garcia, Poulter, Lowry……

No Justin Rose?! Can’t understand that decision myself. Would have picked him over Lowry or Poulter.
Ryder Cup European wild card picks on 20:49 - Sep 12 with 959 viewsFtnfwest

I can understand it….Harrington is the captain
Ryder Cup European wild card picks on 20:55 - Sep 12 with 946 viewsWD19

Yep. Weak.

You can get 4/7 on a US win.
Ryder Cup European wild card picks on 21:00 - Sep 12 with 934 viewsbluestandard

Ryder Cup European wild card picks on 20:49 - Sep 12 by Ftnfwest

I can understand it….Harrington is the captain

And also a great sportsman has never lost the Ryder Cup…….

It’s a game of opinions mate, care to share one?
Ryder Cup European wild card picks on 21:06 - Sep 12 with 910 viewsWestover

Until this week Rose has had a poor season, in 20 events no wins and just 4 top ten finishes, Lowry has been playing well and only missed 1 cut so I would think it was between them, Garcia and Poulter you could not leave them out IMO.
Ryder Cup European wild card picks on 21:18 - Sep 12 with 881 viewsWD19

Ryder Cup European wild card picks on 21:06 - Sep 12 by Westover

Until this week Rose has had a poor season, in 20 events no wins and just 4 top ten finishes, Lowry has been playing well and only missed 1 cut so I would think it was between them, Garcia and Poulter you could not leave them out IMO.

I can understand it, but two of those top 10’s were the PGA and the Masters. Then again today when under pressure to show his worth. He is a big game player and would be in my side.
Ryder Cup European wild card picks on 21:19 - Sep 12 with 878 viewsFtnfwest

Ryder Cup European wild card picks on 21:00 - Sep 12 by bluestandard

And also a great sportsman has never lost the Ryder Cup…….

It’s a game of opinions mate, care to share one?

I’d say out of the four that Garcia and poulter are probably the two you’d want above all else. The experience those two have, and their effect on the US team is indispensable. Lowry and Rose? Not a lot in it but while Lowry seems to dip in and out of form, Rose seems to me to be struggling this year. Lowry has enough for, in him to go on a run of holes, which at the moment I don’t think Rose can. He’s holding it together on stroke play events but struggling to. I was being a bit facetious with my reply about Harrington being biased towards Lowry but tbh whether he was or not he’s probably called it right.
Ryder Cup European wild card picks on 21:33 - Sep 12 with 853 viewsbluestandard

Ryder Cup European wild card picks on 21:19 - Sep 12 by Ftnfwest

I’d say out of the four that Garcia and poulter are probably the two you’d want above all else. The experience those two have, and their effect on the US team is indispensable. Lowry and Rose? Not a lot in it but while Lowry seems to dip in and out of form, Rose seems to me to be struggling this year. Lowry has enough for, in him to go on a run of holes, which at the moment I don’t think Rose can. He’s holding it together on stroke play events but struggling to. I was being a bit facetious with my reply about Harrington being biased towards Lowry but tbh whether he was or not he’s probably called it right.

Sorry, I misunderstood your first reply.

I agree that Rose has had a poor couple of seasons by his normal standards. The stats available seem to differ depending on the source / when you take the COVID-affected season to have started, but including majors and European tour events, Rose appears to have had more too top 10s than Lowry and Poults.

Maybe I’ll always be biased by Rose closing stretch against Mickelson at Medinah. Still up there with my favourite golfing performances ever!
Ryder Cup European wild card picks on 21:53 - Sep 12 with 822 viewsFtnfwest

Ryder Cup European wild card picks on 21:33 - Sep 12 by bluestandard

I agree that Rose has had a poor couple of seasons by his normal standards. The stats available seem to differ depending on the source / when you take the COVID-affected season to have started, but including majors and European tour events, Rose appears to have had more too top 10s than Lowry and Poults.

Maybe I’ll always be biased by Rose closing stretch against Mickelson at Medinah. Still up there with my favourite golfing performances ever!

That was incredible and he’s certainly capable of great things in Ryder Cups. Must admit I haven’t looked at the rest of the qualifiers yet so don’t know if Harrington has some ideas in terms of who he might pair Lowry with which may also be a big factor.
Login to get fewer ads

Ryder Cup European wild card picks on 21:59 - Sep 12 with 807 viewsvapour_trail

Ryder Cup European wild card picks on 21:33 - Sep 12 by bluestandard

I’m surprised Lowry got the pick over Rose. The experience of Rose takes it for me, and that’s a big deal in the RC. He’s also a man for the big occasion.

However as ftfn says, it was a close call. Pleased with the other two picks, I fancy our chances.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Ryder Cup European wild card picks on 01:09 - Sep 13 with 696 viewsBlueForYou

Even more difficult when you consider leaving out Alex Noren & Francesco Molinari. Both in terrific form at the moment, as is Justin Rose. Those would be my picks. Henrik Stenson coming into good form also. The European Tour is very strong. Bit of a nightmare trying to pick three.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024