Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My Son's first 4 games at PR 09:01 - Sep 13 with 699 viewshype313

Hasn't seen a win yet, as the 5th went in I put my head in my hands and he looked up at me and said "Nevermind Dad, next time"

I thought wow, how is a 6yr old more level headed than me and 99% of the adult fans.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

My Son's first 4 games at PR on 09:06 - Sep 13 with 662 viewsMerseyBlue

My longest streak without seeing a win was something like 24 games. Your son seems to be handling it better than I did.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

My Son's first 4 games at PR on 09:08 - Sep 13 with 657 viewsBiGDonnie

Borderline child cruelty.

Still absolutely delighted my boy chose Spurs over this shower.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

My Son's first 4 games at PR on 09:08 - Sep 13 with 651 viewshype313

My Son's first 4 games at PR on 09:06 - Sep 13 by MerseyBlue

My longest streak without seeing a win was something like 24 games. Your son seems to be handling it better than I did.

I was frothing at the mouth and he brought me back down to reality in one sentence, thought I was the one that was supposed to be consoling him, not the other way round.

My Son's first 4 games at PR on 09:09 - Sep 13 with 643 viewshype313

My Son's first 4 games at PR on 09:08 - Sep 13 by BiGDonnie

Borderline child cruelty.

Still absolutely delighted my boy chose Spurs over this shower.

Not sure supporting Spurs isn't along the same lines!

My Son's first 4 games at PR on 09:11 - Sep 13 with 633 viewsBiGDonnie

My Son's first 4 games at PR on 09:09 - Sep 13 by hype313

Not sure supporting Spurs isn't along the same lines!

Oh it's very similar, just a few levels higher which make it bearable. He wasn't happy Saturday though.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

My Son's first 4 games at PR on 09:12 - Sep 13 with 625 viewshype313

My Son's first 4 games at PR on 09:11 - Sep 13 by BiGDonnie

Oh it's very similar, just a few levels higher which make it bearable. He wasn't happy Saturday though.

Yeah I saw the first half, Spurs looked toothless, without Son they look devoid of attacking options.

My Son's first 4 games at PR on 09:12 - Sep 13 with 618 viewsBlueySwede

Your son is very wise. The wins will come, I have got no doubt about that.
I just hope that they start to come soon so we at least will have a shot at the playoffs. Wouldn´t enjoy a season in no mans land.
My Son's first 4 games at PR on 09:13 - Sep 13 with 620 viewsSteve_M

And he was so optimistic before the first match of the season too. I guess there's still a novelty factor for him with the games so glad he's enjoying them (after a fashion).

I did think that the 18 month stretch without me seeing a win live between beating Manchester United in September '94 and Walsall in the cup in March '96 would take some beating. Well, it's now 19 months since beating Burton 4-1 last February and will be at least another two weeks before my next game.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Login to get fewer ads

My Son's first 4 games at PR on 09:15 - Sep 13 with 611 viewshype313

My Son's first 4 games at PR on 09:13 - Sep 13 by Steve_M

And he was so optimistic before the first match of the season too. I guess there's still a novelty factor for him with the games so glad he's enjoying them (after a fashion).

I did think that the 18 month stretch without me seeing a win live between beating Manchester United in September '94 and Walsall in the cup in March '96 would take some beating. Well, it's now 19 months since beating Burton 4-1 last February and will be at least another two weeks before my next game.

Yep, he still loves the whole matchday experience and to be fair doesn't really understand the dynamics of losing and league positions.

Oh, how nice to be so innocent.

I remember those halcyon days in the mid nineties too, where trying to find a win was akin to trying to find Lord Lucan.

My Son's first 4 games at PR on 09:30 - Sep 13 with 565 viewsFtnfwest

Ftnfwest jnr is still a fan (now 21) but Miss Ftnfwest (17) has only showed an interest in football since the euros, and i've somehow persuaded her to come to the Donny home game in a couple of weeks. I have been informed though that 'this doesn't mean i support Ipswich you know!' So hoping they 'click' by then to get another recruit! (This will be her first live game)
My Son's first 4 games at PR on 09:36 - Sep 13 with 532 viewsthebooks

My son’s first game was 2011 (a 2-1 defeat of Leeds at least), when he was 6 too. You can tell your son to expect another decade of this shíte :-)

Amazed he’s kept going, really.
My Son's first 4 games at PR on 09:57 - Sep 13 with 465 viewshype313

My Son's first 4 games at PR on 09:36 - Sep 13 by thebooks

My son’s first game was 2011 (a 2-1 defeat of Leeds at least), when he was 6 too. You can tell your son to expect another decade of this shíte :-)

Amazed he’s kept going, really.

As I said to Steve, he's loving the whole day, fanzone etc, also he doesn't understand the ramifications of bad starts and losses.

Wish I had that same understanding!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024