Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
do any of you think cook should go right now? 15:46 - Sep 13 with 10607 viewspositivity

and if so, why?

(i think it's too early to make a call)

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 15:47 - Sep 13 with 4055 viewsHerbivore

I don't think he should go yet, but if he was to go I wouldn't feel any real sympathy for him. Let's have it right, he's done a terrible job here over the last 6 months. It's still early days this season but if things don't turn soon he will go and he can have no complaints.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 15:47 - Sep 13 with 4050 viewsitfcjoe

No

WOuld I be disappointed if he did? No

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 15:48 - Sep 13 with 4037 viewsMetal_Hacker

If you're just looking at this season perhaps too early but if you're taking into account the tail end of last season - I'd have to reconsider at the end of the month

Poll: If it were one or the other

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 15:51 - Sep 13 with 4008 viewshype313

3 more games for me, if there's no sign of improvement then he should go.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 15:55 - Sep 13 with 3977 viewsCheltenham_Blue

No, because it would -

a) Be a bonkers decision after six games
b) Be a bonkers decision after backing him 100% in the transfer market
c) Be a bonkers decision that would have half of football laughing at us

Don't get me wrong, this has got to improve, tomorrow, if we don't get a result of some kind against West Ham u21s tomorrow, and then fail to get a minimum of 6 points from Lincoln, Wednesday and Doncaster then I think the Americans may lose faith. Despite the fact that up to now, his record at this level has been impressive.

Until then, it's just too early.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 16:04 - Sep 13 with 3949 viewsDubtractor

Not yet, no, but he needs an upturn in results and performances in the next few games.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 16:06 - Sep 13 with 3928 viewshomer_123

If no wins this month in the league he's got to go.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 16:20 - Sep 13 with 3883 viewsSwansea_Blue

Nope. That'd be daft, as the players clearly need to get up to speed after a disjointed summer and late arrivals. But obviously the pressure is going to build as long as the results don't come. I thought we looked pretty good in previous games and fell short through daft individual mistakes. So I certainly wouldn't panic yet. Saturday was a bit unexpected, so let's just hope that was a blip and we show improvements defensively in the next couple of league games.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 16:21 - Sep 13 with 3874 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Part of me thinks yes, but the part of me that's (barely) in the ascendency at the moment thinks no. And that no is mainly because I'm so angry with all the rubbish man management decisions and double speak, I feel he really needs to clean up his own mess.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 16:24 - Sep 13 with 3840 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

No.

However, if we lose to Lincoln in a similar manner to as we did to Bolton on Saturday, Cook should go.

We need to see a reaction

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 16:25 - Sep 13 with 3839 viewsjayessess

No, generally I think 10 games in you make firm judgements. If we still look like this at Accrington with Morsy in the side and having had a run with his chosen defence, I don't think there's anywhere to hide.

(That said, another Bolton style collapse and all bets are off...)

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 16:30 - Sep 13 with 3805 viewspennblue

No and all this talk is just de-stablising the club again.

We can't help ourselves can we.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 16:32 - Sep 13 with 3793 viewsGlasgowBlue

Frustrating as results have been, I don't think we should be speculating in Cook's future in light of the news about his father.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 16:33 - Sep 13 with 3780 viewsjayessess

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 16:30 - Sep 13 by pennblue

It's no different at any football club in the country.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 16:33 - Sep 13 with 3775 viewsHalifaxBlue

No, but in my eyes his grace period was slashed dramatically after this weekend. Would have given him until winter before, now I feel he has to turn it around this month.

Poll: Hurst or Ross, discounting any other candidates?

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 16:34 - Sep 13 with 3775 viewsFunge

I said this at fulltime on Saturday, and still haven't really calmed down...

He's an absolute, total lemon; as inept as Paul Hurst, on the current showing.

Given full licence to rip up a team (that absolutely needed ripping up, by the way), and then replaced with all the players he might want.

He's put a coaching structure in place that is woefully inadequate - just like Hurst. What the actual fck were the keeper and back 4 doing for the last 2 weeks? 4 out of the 5 Bolton goals were horrific (I thought their 1st was nicely done, tbf…)

He's done absolutely nothing whatsoever in his time here, to justify any degree of support at all.

The owners, backroom management and players are all good enough - he palpably isn't.

We look better going forwards than last year, no doubt - but to defend like that, after 2 uninterrupted weeks on the training pitch, against a team who were in Division 4 last year - it's absolutely inept.

And now we're betting the farm on Samy Morsy being the enforcer of all midfield enforcers.

I have absolutely no idea who we get in to fix this mess, by the way. Roy Race?
do any of you think cook should go right now? on 16:35 - Sep 13 with 3747 viewsmikeybloo88

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 16:30 - Sep 13 by pennblue

I'd say the lack of points and no sign of any improvement defensively is destabilising the club more
do any of you think cook should go right now? on 16:36 - Sep 13 with 3759 viewsFunge

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 16:32 - Sep 13 by GlasgowBlue

Frustrating as results have been, I don't think we should be speculating in Cook's future in light of the news about his father.

This is fair.

I should probably calm down a bit.
do any of you think cook should go right now? on 16:48 - Sep 13 with 3681 viewsdominiciawful

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 15:47 - Sep 13 by Herbivore

I don't think he should go yet, but if he was to go I wouldn't feel any real sympathy for him. Let's have it right, he's done a terrible job here over the last 6 months. It's still early days this season but if things don't turn soon he will go and he can have no complaints.

"Let's have it right..."

Are you Paul Cook himself?

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 16:52 - Sep 13 with 3669 viewsSteve_M

Not yet, I don't think he should have much longer than this month if he can't start getting results though.

As to why I have little patience.

Cook palpably failed to get anything much out of a decent squad for this division, in fact we went backwards and looked less effective for much of his 16 matches in charge than we did immediately before he was appointed. Instead he hid behind the players in an increasingly contradictory series of comments, something a lot of fans eagerly lapped up especially as the takeover allowed us the luxury of being able to spend heavily for this division in the Summer.

With that record, Cook had to start this season well and this amount of change was always going to be relatively high risk - the last two times we've made a lot of changes in one Summer were 2009 and 2018 in case anyone has forgotten. Instead we have got worse by the game, central midfield looks a mess and defensive organisation all but non-existent.

Add in our weak coaching team and it all looks like the hangover from the Evans era Cook's appointment was. The lack of depth and professionalism comparted to how the rest of the club is starting to be run stands out starkly - one thing if the team can win matches but we can't even in the third division.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2021 17:22]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 16:53 - Sep 13 with 3655 viewsWoodbridgeblue1980

Funge is absolutely correct and nailed all of the points. Ultimately we look better going forward than we did last season, but we are much worse overall. You can't deflect the fact he has had free reign to rip apart a team and spend more money than anyone on players, coaching etc and we're lower in the football pyramid than pretty much anyone can remember in their lifetime.

It's sad about his father, but this is a valid question that people need to objectively answer and is fair to put it out there.
do any of you think cook should go right now? on 16:58 - Sep 13 with 3633 viewsblueboyd

Yes.

4 wins in 25 games.

unprofessional man in dealing with last seaon, He has built a low quality coaching team around him.
do any of you think cook should go right now? on 16:59 - Sep 13 with 3610 viewsIllinoisblue

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 16:52 - Sep 13 by Steve_M

Not yet, I don't think he should have much longer than this month if he can't start getting results though.

As to why I have little patience.

Cook palpably failed to get anything much out of a decent squad for this division, in fact we went backwards and looked less effective for much of his 16 matches in charge than we did immediately before he was appointed. Instead he hid behind the players in an increasingly contradictory series of comments, something a lot of fans eagerly lapped up especially as the takeover allowed us the luxury of being able to spend heavily for this division in the Summer.

With that record, Cook had to start this season well and this amount of change was always going to be relatively high risk - the last two times we've made a lot of changes in one Summer were 2009 and 2018 in case anyone has forgotten. Instead we have got worse by the game, central midfield looks a mess and defensive organisation all but non-existent.

Add in our weak coaching team and it all looks like the hangover from the Evans era Cook's appointment was. The lack of depth and professionalism comparted to how the rest of the club is starting to be run stands out starkly - one thing if the team can win matches but we can't even in the third division.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2021 17:22]

All of this.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 17:00 - Sep 13 with 3602 viewsBig_Jase

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 16:32 - Sep 13 by GlasgowBlue

I mean that's obviously sad news, but its not relevant at all is it.

Poll: Who would actually care if Norwich responded with a plane banner?

do any of you think cook should go right now? on 17:00 - Sep 13 with 3601 viewsitfcsuth

Absolutely not. But there is no getting away from the fact it has been the worst possible start really.

Saturday was a mess, a low point for Cook and really one of the most disorganised, uncoordinated displays from a Town side I’ve seen.

I do hope it will spark a reaction though, a low point which can be used as a spring board.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024