Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gove - this will upset the 'wokeys' 16:42 - Sep 13 with 2025 viewsHARRY10

One of the noticable things about the endless Mary Whitehouse type whining from the righties is how the once ubiquitous political correctness (gone mad or not0 has now been replaced with the word 'woke'.

But fear not, these mouth frothing obsessives can see it in everything that happens. So it will be curious (or not) to see how much spittle flies onto their screens when they see the reaction to Goves previous comments. His comments reflect the views their 'betters' had about most of these righties, as he expressed. And no doubt still holds to, but is a little more guarded now.
be any surprise

For those of an earlier generation it might be of interest to hear how these types behaved back then - for others, the utter contempt for the idiots who doffed their cap to them will not be of any surprise.

Well worth a listen

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/michael-gove-sexist-racist-speech
Nothing he said then should come as a surprise - nor should the wails from the 'wokeys' that it is wrong to re-visit the past
Gove - this will upset the 'wokeys' on 16:47 - Sep 13 with 1765 viewsHARRY10

Talking of Thatcher Gove added

"“We are at last experiencing a new empire: an empire where the happy south stamps over the cruel, dirty, toothless face of the northerner.

“At last Mrs Thatcher is saying I don’t give a fig for what half of the population say because the richer half will keep me in power. This may be amoral, this may be immoral, but it’s politics and it’s pragmatism.”
Gove - this will upset the 'wokeys' on 16:57 - Sep 13 with 1721 viewsJ2BLUE

Late 1980s. I’m not condoning it going that far back to weaponise comments is wrong IMO. I wouldn’t need to go back 30 years to remember some comments I’ve made that I now look back on and cringe.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Gove - this will upset the 'wokeys' on 17:14 - Sep 13 with 1671 viewsHARRY10

Gove - this will upset the 'wokeys' on 16:57 - Sep 13 by J2BLUE

Late 1980s. I’m not condoning it going that far back to weaponise comments is wrong IMO. I wouldn’t need to go back 30 years to remember some comments I’ve made that I now look back on and cringe.

'to weaponise'

more vacuous newspeak

Comments made by someone who sees himself as a possible PM have been made public - perhaps they should be airbrushed out of history.

And the comments re Leon Brittan are extremely relevant, given the recent court case and the 18 year sentence given to Colin McPherson.
Gove - this will upset the 'wokeys' on 17:34 - Sep 13 with 1603 viewsSwansea_Blue

Gove being an entitled, pampered w@nker is neither news nor newsworthy though is it? We all know what this cabinet are like and it doesn't make a blind bit of difference. Seems a bit of a waste of print to me, but given that media games are critical to how people think and act I suppose I shouldn't complain!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Gove - this will upset the 'wokeys' on 17:44 - Sep 13 with 1563 viewsHARRY10

Gove - this will upset the 'wokeys' on 17:34 - Sep 13 by Swansea_Blue

Gove being an entitled, pampered w@nker is neither news nor newsworthy though is it? We all know what this cabinet are like and it doesn't make a blind bit of difference. Seems a bit of a waste of print to me, but given that media games are critical to how people think and act I suppose I shouldn't complain!

au contraire, mon ami

His comments are highly relevent given how many fNorthern consticuencies voted for a party that has him as one of his leading 'PM in waiting', and as said the recent Leon Brittain case. Gove's views were the same as expressed in Private Eye and 'Scallywag' at the time. Given the number of other prominent Tories who were named at the time it does perhaps suggest that the claim that the allegations were merely the words of one lone crank as being rather inaccurate.

And the claim above seems to be that the problem is not with the comments, but they have been made public.

If, as the thought might be, they are of no interest then ignore them - if they are then discuss them - but let's have none of the rightie wokey stuff that tries to stop things from the past being re-examined.
Gove - this will upset the 'wokeys' on 18:40 - Sep 13 with 1471 viewsBlueBadger

What point are you actually trying to make beyond 'Gove is an awful tosser' here?

We all KNOW that. Even [redacted] knows that.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Gove - this will upset the 'wokeys' on 19:46 - Sep 13 with 1369 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Gove - this will upset the 'wokeys' on 18:40 - Sep 13 by BlueBadger

What point are you actually trying to make beyond 'Gove is an awful tosser' here?

He's probably the one person who, if I met him, I would punch in the face, and take the consequences. We could start with it being for the children in the Primary School where I was Chair of Governors, and where, following his deliberate dismantling of Local Authorities' Education departments, children with Autistic Spectrum disorders, or in one case a little 5 year old exhibiting signs of severe trauma, weren't able to access Educational Psychologist support or evaluation for a Statement of Educational Needs.

When an appointment became available the Head Teacher had to choose between the different children as she could only send one.

I can think of several reasons for a second punch, but I would probably be stopped from getting that one in by his loyal henchmen.
Gove - this will upset the 'wokeys' on 19:54 - Sep 13 with 1348 viewsJ2BLUE

Gove - this will upset the 'wokeys' on 17:14 - Sep 13 by HARRY10

'to weaponise'

more vacuous newspeak

Comments made by someone who sees himself as a possible PM have been made public - perhaps they should be airbrushed out of history.

And the comments re Leon Brittan are extremely relevant, given the recent court case and the 18 year sentence given to Colin McPherson.

I'm sure you're an absolute saint who never said anything stupid in your 20s.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Gove - this will upset the 'wokeys' on 19:59 - Sep 13 with 1330 viewsBlueBadger

Gove - this will upset the 'wokeys' on 19:54 - Sep 13 by J2BLUE

In all fairness, Harry's stupid statements from his 20's are generally outweighed by the stupid things he says NOW.

So, he's got more in common with Gove than both of you think.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Gove - this will upset the 'wokeys' on 20:24 - Sep 13 with 1262 viewsHARRY10

still,missing the point

your original whine was about this coming to light - not what he said.... as has been explained
Gove - this will upset the 'wokeys' on 20:29 - Sep 13 with 1238 viewsBlueBadger

Gove - this will upset the 'wokeys' on 20:24 - Sep 13 by HARRY10

still,missing the point

your original whine was about this coming to light - not what he said.... as has been explained

Gove - this will upset the 'wokeys' by BlueBadger 13 Sep 2021 18:40

Gove - this will upset the 'wokeys' on 20:43 - Sep 13 with 1205 viewsHARRY10

Gove - this will upset the 'wokeys' on 19:59 - Sep 13 by BlueBadger

In all fairness, Harry's stupid statements from his 20's are generally outweighed by the stupid things he says NOW.

So, he's got more in common with Gove than both of you think.

I own up

I am a leading politician who should be held accountable - but also have thousands of like minded supporters who believe that I should not be held accountable

and things I said in the past should not be made public so ..... the public can decide what they think

and I would have got away with it, were it not for the laser like perception of badger boy

Harry Ten MP
Gove - this will upset the 'wokeys' on 20:48 - Sep 13 with 1194 viewsSwansea_Blue

Gove - this will upset the 'wokeys' on 17:44 - Sep 13 by HARRY10

au contraire, mon ami

His comments are highly relevent given how many fNorthern consticuencies voted for a party that has him as one of his leading 'PM in waiting', and as said the recent Leon Brittain case. Gove's views were the same as expressed in Private Eye and 'Scallywag' at the time. Given the number of other prominent Tories who were named at the time it does perhaps suggest that the claim that the allegations were merely the words of one lone crank as being rather inaccurate.

And the claim above seems to be that the problem is not with the comments, but they have been made public.

If, as the thought might be, they are of no interest then ignore them - if they are then discuss them - but let's have none of the rightie wokey stuff that tries to stop things from the past being re-examined.

You're probably right for those that haven't twigged yet. But then those people are highly unlikely to be able to concentrate long enough to read that article. Surely there can't be many people left that don't realise he's a thoroughly untrustworthy little sh*tweasel? Even his wife doesn't trust him.

Gove - this will upset the 'wokeys' on 20:57 - Sep 13 with 1165 viewsSwansea_Blue

Gove - this will upset the 'wokeys' on 19:46 - Sep 13 by ArnoldMoorhen

He's probably the one person who, if I met him, I would punch in the face, and take the consequences. We could start with it being for the children in the Primary School where I was Chair of Governors, and where, following his deliberate dismantling of Local Authorities' Education departments, children with Autistic Spectrum disorders, or in one case a little 5 year old exhibiting signs of severe trauma, weren't able to access Educational Psychologist support or evaluation for a Statement of Educational Needs.

When an appointment became available the Head Teacher had to choose between the different children as she could only send one.

I can think of several reasons for a second punch, but I would probably be stopped from getting that one in by his loyal henchmen.

I feel similar and I'm a complete coward who just wants love and peace. He's the worst of the bunch imo. He's got all of the entitlement, foul views and bad back history of the rest, but also comes across as a thoroughly untrustworthy, devious little sh*t. A weasly littel sh*t at that.

And to think, briefly, he was starting to get a reputation for being competent. He may well be and his team seem to like him, but that means nothing f he can't be trusted.

Gove - this will upset the 'wokeys' on 20:58 - Sep 13 with 1164 viewsBlueBadger

Gove - this will upset the 'wokeys' on 20:43 - Sep 13 by HARRY10

I own up

I am a leading politician who should be held accountable - but also have thousands of like minded supporters who believe that I should not be held accountable

and things I said in the past should not be made public so ..... the public can decide what they think

and I would have got away with it, were it not for the laser like perception of badger boy

Harry Ten MP

Gove - this will upset the 'wokeys' by BlueBadger 13 Sep 2021 18:40

[Post edited 13 Sep 2021 20:59]

Gove - this will upset the 'wokeys' on 21:27 - Sep 13 with 1121 viewsGlasgowBlue

Fuzzy Wuzzies? Boris Johnson has probably just seen this and earmarked him for a promotion to Foreign Secretary.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Gove - this will upset the 'wokeys' on 21:47 - Sep 13 with 1078 viewsSwansea_Blue

Gove - this will upset the 'wokeys' on 21:27 - Sep 13 by GlasgowBlue

Fuzzy Wuzzies? Boris Johnson has probably just seen this and earmarked him for a promotion to Foreign Secretary.

Ha, probably! What's your view on him now GB after the last 4-5 yrs? I remember you being quite complimentary back in the day before he made his bid for PMship (and I think I may have actually agreed with some of your points too).

If I remember rightly you were quite positive about his Environment Sec role. He certainly made the right noises, but I was never entirely convinced the rhetoric matched the reality. This relaxation of rules to allow dumping of raw sewage into rivers and seas, for example, is contrary to what we were promised vis-à-vis Brexit and env. regulations.

Gove - this will upset the 'wokeys' on 21:50 - Sep 13 with 1070 viewsfactual_blue

Gove - this will upset the 'wokeys' on 16:57 - Sep 13 by J2BLUE

I think it's fair to say gove's comments were uttered already weaponised, and weren't weaponised by anybody thereafter.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Gove - this will upset the 'wokeys' on 21:55 - Sep 13 with 1050 viewsfactual_blue

Gove - this will upset the 'wokeys' on 20:57 - Sep 13 by Swansea_Blue

I feel similar and I'm a complete coward who just wants love and peace. He's the worst of the bunch imo. He's got all of the entitlement, foul views and bad back history of the rest, but also comes across as a thoroughly untrustworthy, devious little sh*t. A weasly littel sh*t at that.

And to think, briefly, he was starting to get a reputation for being competent. He may well be and his team seem to like him, but that means nothing f he can't be trusted.

IIRC, Mock The Week once had a largish number (let's say 2,439) in their 'If this is the answer, what is the question?' round.

One of the suggested questions was 'how many times would I punch michael gove in the face before it stopped being a question of duty and became simply pleasure?'.

Gove - this will upset the 'wokeys' on 22:01 - Sep 13 with 1032 viewsSwansea_Blue

Gove - this will upset the 'wokeys' on 21:55 - Sep 13 by factual_blue

IIRC, Mock The Week once had a largish number (let's say 2,439) in their 'If this is the answer, what is the question?' round.

One of the suggested questions was 'how many times would I punch michael gove in the face before it stopped being a question of duty and became simply pleasure?'.

I'm surprised it was that low a number!

Gove - this will upset the 'wokeys' on 22:03 - Sep 13 with 1028 viewsfactual_blue

In my 20s I voted sensibly in a referendum about Europe.

Just saying.

Gove - this will upset the 'wokeys' on 22:03 - Sep 13 with 1029 viewsGlasgowBlue

Gove - this will upset the 'wokeys' on 21:47 - Sep 13 by Swansea_Blue

Ha, probably! What's your view on him now GB after the last 4-5 yrs? I remember you being quite complimentary back in the day before he made his bid for PMship (and I think I may have actually agreed with some of your points too).

If I remember rightly you were quite positive about his Environment Sec role. He certainly made the right noises, but I was never entirely convinced the rhetoric matched the reality. This relaxation of rules to allow dumping of raw sewage into rivers and seas, for example, is contrary to what we were promised vis-à-vis Brexit and env. regulations.

Yeah I had a lot of time for him. He was a very good performer in the commons and was even getting good reviews from the likes of the Grauniad during his time as environment Sec.

I can't pinpoint when but I lost faith in him over the past couple of years.

As for this latest stuff. I get that it was a long time ago but his views are his views. I've never referred to people of colour as fazzy wuzzies. I knew it was wrong when I was 21 and I know it's wrong now.

Some of the stuff he did on TV was him trying to be a poundland Chris Morris. You could be generous and give him an out that he was being an edgy 'comic'. But the Oxford Union stuff is straight out of the Boris Johnson playbook. The casual racism. The homophobia.

Johnson was using similar phrases not so long ago. To me it opens a door on how these people think. I doubt they have changed that much.

A shower of sh1t the lot of them.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Gove - this will upset the 'wokeys' on 22:19 - Sep 13 with 987 viewsSwansea_Blue

Gove - this will upset the 'wokeys' on 22:03 - Sep 13 by GlasgowBlue

Yeah I had a lot of time for him. He was a very good performer in the commons and was even getting good reviews from the likes of the Grauniad during his time as environment Sec.

I can't pinpoint when but I lost faith in him over the past couple of years.

As for this latest stuff. I get that it was a long time ago but his views are his views. I've never referred to people of colour as fazzy wuzzies. I knew it was wrong when I was 21 and I know it's wrong now.

Some of the stuff he did on TV was him trying to be a poundland Chris Morris. You could be generous and give him an out that he was being an edgy 'comic'. But the Oxford Union stuff is straight out of the Boris Johnson playbook. The casual racism. The homophobia.

Johnson was using similar phrases not so long ago. To me it opens a door on how these people think. I doubt they have changed that much.

A shower of sh1t the lot of them.

Yeah, I can't imagine the casual dismissal of anyone who isn't like them has changed much. I do feel a bit sorry for him now though after his nightclub exposé. That had the look of someone who was a little bit lost (as well as utterly stoned!), as he well might be if he's just split from his long term wife. It was all a bit tragic, being the focus of attention for being an oddity and the butt of everyone's jokes like that. I've kind of been there myself at a much, much younger age after a few too many, although never anywhere near as sad as that (I don't think ).

Gove - this will upset the 'wokeys' on 22:41 - Sep 13 with 935 viewsBlueBadger

Gove - this will upset the 'wokeys' on 22:03 - Sep 13 by factual_blue

In my 20s I voted sensibly in a referendum about Europe.

Just saying.

Did they even ALLOW votes about whether to continue persecuting the 100 Years War then?
[Post edited 13 Sep 2021 22:43]

Gove - this will upset the 'wokeys' on 00:12 - Sep 14 with 855 viewsfactual_blue

Gove - this will upset the 'wokeys' on 22:41 - Sep 13 by BlueBadger

Did they even ALLOW votes about whether to continue persecuting the 100 Years War then?
[Post edited 13 Sep 2021 22:43]

'The Hundred Years War - a dynastic dispute that created two nations.'

Discuss.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024