Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cook Out! 21:45 - Sep 14 with 1485 viewsN2_Blue

It's pathetic Paul.

And to think I gave you all my support for your appointment. I was genuinely delighted.
You and your decisions have been an utter joke.
[Post edited 14 Sep 2021 21:46]

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Cook Out! on 21:50 - Sep 14 with 1347 viewspointofblue

He sold last year's players down the river after they got us two points of the Play Offs before his much hearlded arrival and a lot of fans revelled in it. He's completely changed the squad and we look even worse.

But it's still the players fault. The old lot? The new lot? Who knows.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Cook Out! on 21:54 - Sep 14 with 1259 viewspatrickswell

Cook Out! on 21:50 - Sep 14 by pointofblue

He sold last year's players down the river after they got us two points of the Play Offs before his much hearlded arrival and a lot of fans revelled in it. He's completely changed the squad and we look even worse.

But it's still the players fault. The old lot? The new lot? Who knows.

With the possible exception of Wilson, there’s nobody I’d take back from last season but Cook is the third manager to go for revolution and have it blow up in his face.
Cook Out! on 22:01 - Sep 14 with 1137 viewsjayessess

Cook Out! on 21:54 - Sep 14 by patrickswell

With the possible exception of Wilson, there’s nobody I’d take back from last season but Cook is the third manager to go for revolution and have it blow up in his face.

There's not many I'd take back from last season, but it certainly puts a bit of the bile that was thrown their way into perspective.

Whatever group of players Cook's put out, he's not managed to set them up to win against all sorts of opposition and all kinds of circumstances. The idea that their collective "bad attitudes" was the main problem is clearly untenable.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Cook Out! on 22:09 - Sep 14 with 1063 viewsThe_Major

Problem is though, who do we get in?

As others have said, this job is turning into a career killer - is there anyone out there who realistically seems like a good fit? It's turning into a repeat of 2012, so theoretically do we need McCarthy Mk. II?

And don't say Eddie Howe. We'd have more chance of getting Sir Geoffrey Howe, and he's been dead since 2015.

I haven't got any answers I'm afraid, we've changed managers, players, owners, the board over the last twenty years and it's been steady decline with perhaps the exception of the three play off seasons we've had in that time. The only thing I've got left is that Portman Road is built on an ancient burial ground, and we're cursed.

See you all in the John Wark Arena, opening just off the Copdock interchange in 2024.
Cook Out! on 22:13 - Sep 14 with 1021 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Couldn't you have posted this in the same thread you started five minutes earlier?

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Cook Out! on 22:15 - Sep 14 with 991 viewsMoriarty

Cook Out! on 22:09 - Sep 14 by The_Major

As others have said, this job is turning into a career killer - is there anyone out there who realistically seems like a good fit? It's turning into a repeat of 2012, so theoretically do we need McCarthy Mk. II?

And don't say Eddie Howe. We'd have more chance of getting Sir Geoffrey Howe, and he's been dead since 2015.

I haven't got any answers I'm afraid, we've changed managers, players, owners, the board over the last twenty years and it's been steady decline with perhaps the exception of the three play off seasons we've had in that time. The only thing I've got left is that Portman Road is built on an ancient burial ground, and we're cursed.

See you all in the John Wark Arena, opening just off the Copdock interchange in 2024.

Appoint Dyer. Play 442.

fka omuircheartaigh

Cook Out! on 22:29 - Sep 14 with 891 viewsN2_Blue

Cook Out! on 22:13 - Sep 14 by JammyDodgerrr

Couldn't you have posted this in the same thread you started five minutes earlier?

No, otherwise i would have done so.

Got a problem with it, there is a nice little feature called 'ignore'.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Cook Out! on 22:31 - Sep 14 with 860 viewsjayessess

We pay well and we're currently punching well below our budget. There's no rational reason why we couldn't find a good manager.

We also don't actually need an exceptional manager, just one who can put out a team that roughly reflects the resources at their disposal!
[Post edited 14 Sep 2021 22:38]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Login to get fewer ads

Cook Out! on 22:32 - Sep 14 with 846 viewspointofblue

How come the dead in the ancient burial ground only woke up and got grumpy in 1994? Or, if we accept the relative success through the late 90s-early 00s, 2001?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Cook Out! on 22:47 - Sep 14 with 720 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

The Cook / Richardson partnership that was sold to us - didn’t turn up at itfc and subsequently neither have the results - this yr or last.
Changing the old itfc staff wasn’t an eas y job which he has done well apart from getting a solid spine for the team.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024