Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
To be honest, just being in this competition (still) is the low point. 22:13 - Sep 14 with 851 viewsTheBoyBlue

I don't really care whether we win or lose in it. I'm also supportive of Cook, I think with the investment that has been made under his watch it I can't see that him going would make things better. However, he had a chance to get some much needed game time in for his first 11 and possibly a moral boosting win and passed on it. He can't use gelling as an excuse if he doesn't take every chance for them to gel. That is what I'm most annoyed about with this.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

To be honest, just being in this competition (still) is the low point. on 22:15 - Sep 14 with 842 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Any new manager would fancy their chances with this squad.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

To be honest, just being in this competition (still) is the low point. on 22:19 - Sep 14 with 823 viewsTheBoyBlue

To be honest, just being in this competition (still) is the low point. on 22:15 - Sep 14 by Marshalls_Mullet

Any new manager would fancy their chances with this squad.

In theory, yes. But a large chunk of it is made up of players who have dropped down a level or come here to specifically play for him. I'm not saying they'd down tools for someone else, but I'd be more confident of Cook getting something out of them then someone else completely. Then they'd likely to get different players in during January, more upheaval, more gelling. Cook's just got to sort it out and stop being so stubborn.

To be honest, just being in this competition (still) is the low point. on 22:21 - Sep 14 with 804 viewshomer_123

To be honest, just being in this competition (still) is the low point. on 22:19 - Sep 14 by TheBoyBlue

In theory, yes. But a large chunk of it is made up of players who have dropped down a level or come here to specifically play for him. I'm not saying they'd down tools for someone else, but I'd be more confident of Cook getting something out of them then someone else completely. Then they'd likely to get different players in during January, more upheaval, more gelling. Cook's just got to sort it out and stop being so stubborn.

Cook got nothing out of our previous squad...what's he got out of his squad?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

To be honest, just being in this competition (still) is the low point. on 22:24 - Sep 14 with 784 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

To be honest, just being in this competition (still) is the low point. on 22:19 - Sep 14 by TheBoyBlue

No idea what you're basing that confidence on.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

To be honest, just being in this competition (still) is the low point. on 22:29 - Sep 14 with 764 viewsHARRY10

If they were worth us signing them, then other managers must have been 'getting something out of them' - or was it they weren't up to it elsewhere and only under the guidance of Cook are the likely to produce.

My own thoughts are that the 'huge investment' may not be so huge after all. That players like Evans, Hladky and Barry are probably worse than what we already had, and others seem no better suggests the money not being what people think, or the much vaunted recruitment team not being that good.
To be honest, just being in this competition (still) is the low point. on 22:29 - Sep 14 with 765 viewsTheBoyBlue

To be honest, just being in this competition (still) is the low point. on 22:24 - Sep 14 by Marshalls_Mullet

No idea what you're basing that confidence on.

Mainly on the fact that they are his players and they clearly have a lot of respect for and confidence in him and that he has been there and done it before.

He is no less likely to get the best of them then yet another previously successful manager who everyone clambers for and then within months call for their head because things aren't going well.

I'm fast losing faith, but I just don't think simply getting another manager in will magically make things better.

To be honest, just being in this competition (still) is the low point. on 22:32 - Sep 14 with 752 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

To be honest, just being in this competition (still) is the low point. on 22:29 - Sep 14 by TheBoyBlue

Mainly on the fact that they are his players and they clearly have a lot of respect for and confidence in him and that he has been there and done it before.

He is no less likely to get the best of them then yet another previously successful manager who everyone clambers for and then within months call for their head because things aren't going well.

I'm fast losing faith, but I just don't think simply getting another manager in will magically make things better.

A little bit of loyalty from 1 or 2 players is zero reason to keep an underperforming manager.

That's disastrous reasoning.

To be honest, just being in this competition (still) is the low point. on 22:39 - Sep 14 with 716 viewsTheBoyBlue

To be honest, just being in this competition (still) is the low point. on 22:32 - Sep 14 by Marshalls_Mullet

A little bit of loyalty from 1 or 2 players is zero reason to keep an underperforming manager.

That's disastrous reasoning.

It's not just that though. After allowing him to get this squad together, he should be given more than a handful of games to work with them.

Login to get fewer ads

To be honest, just being in this competition (still) is the low point. on 22:49 - Sep 14 with 691 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

To be honest, just being in this competition (still) is the low point. on 22:39 - Sep 14 by TheBoyBlue

It's not just that though. After allowing him to get this squad together, he should be given more than a handful of games to work with them.

He'll get to the end of the month.

It was his decision to change the whole squad.

When Hurst left, the accepted wisdom was he made too many changes too fast.
[Post edited 14 Sep 2021 22:50]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024