Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It's clear he needs an assistant manager and immediately 23:11 - Sep 14 with 2123 viewsKesgrave_Exile

It's becoming clear Cook has put so much pressure.on himself dismantling the squad and rebuilding it and to do so with a inexperienced coaching team and no assistant manager is crazy.

To me if he doesn't get a assistant manager in soon then he is doomed, if not doomed already. I believe Ashton should offer Cook an ultimatum, appoint a assistant or he's gone sine as that. Someone with management experience who can help cook in-game management.

Someone like a Paul Tisdale or a Ian Holloway, anyone. I know Cook lost his father last week and as sad as it is he needs someone to share the burden with so he can deal with it and grieve properly and let someone take the pressure off him a little.
It's clear he needs an assistant manager and immediately on 23:15 - Sep 14 with 2100 viewsitfctim

McGreal in the directors box the other day, get him in Cook, Swallow you're diminishing pride, and hand defensive coaching over to him, please!
It's clear he needs an assistant manager and immediately on 23:19 - Sep 14 with 2079 viewsBlueBadger

To be honest, it's really starting to look like what he needs to do is to leave.
[Post edited 15 Sep 2021 11:56]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

It's clear he needs an assistant manager and immediately on 23:27 - Sep 14 with 2045 viewsIllinoisblue

Is it though? What exactly would an assistant manager bring to the table? This is division fooking 3, it shouldn’t be that hard for an experienced manager to win a game

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

It's clear he needs an assistant manager and immediately on 06:52 - Sep 15 with 1833 viewsdirtyboy

It's clear he needs an assistant manager and immediately on 23:27 - Sep 14 by Illinoisblue

Is it though? What exactly would an assistant manager bring to the table? This is division fooking 3, it shouldn’t be that hard for an experienced manager to win a game

An assistant will offer an honest assessment without a ‘told you so’ and offer a solution with explanation.

They will support or question when required, but most of all…assist.

Cook is a smart bloke, he’ll do something soon.
It's clear he needs an assistant manager and immediately on 08:03 - Sep 15 with 1722 viewsTangledupin_Blue

That isn't how you spell 'replacement'.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

It's clear he needs an assistant manager and immediately on 08:13 - Sep 15 with 1657 viewsjayessess

I'm extremely sceptical of the idea that you can ever improve things by imposing new backroom staff on an reluctant manager.

Putting together the first team coaching programme is one of the major things we pay Cook big money for. It's part of the expertise he is supposed to be bringing to the club. I don't think you can override that and still see him as competent in his duties. Moreover, you might be able to force him to accept a new hire but you can't oblige him to implement their advice and you can't put your new hire in the invidious position of trying to fix things against the first team manager's will.

At best, you can sit him down and ask him whether our defensive problems might benefit from an outside eye. But that's all you can do really.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

It's clear he needs an assistant manager and immediately on 08:18 - Sep 15 with 1635 viewsTangledupin_Blue

It's clear he needs an assistant manager and immediately on 08:13 - Sep 15 by jayessess

I'm extremely sceptical of the idea that you can ever improve things by imposing new backroom staff on an reluctant manager.

Putting together the first team coaching programme is one of the major things we pay Cook big money for. It's part of the expertise he is supposed to be bringing to the club. I don't think you can override that and still see him as competent in his duties. Moreover, you might be able to force him to accept a new hire but you can't oblige him to implement their advice and you can't put your new hire in the invidious position of trying to fix things against the first team manager's will.

At best, you can sit him down and ask him whether our defensive problems might benefit from an outside eye. But that's all you can do really.

It might also be useful if Cook gave more thought to the players' positioning and tactics rather than their 'mindset' and 'desire'.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

It's clear he needs an assistant manager and immediately on 08:22 - Sep 15 with 1623 viewsitfcjoe

It's clear he needs an assistant manager and immediately on 23:27 - Sep 14 by Illinoisblue

Spoke to someone yesterday who suggested that Cook is doing nearly all the hands on coaching, and this isn't something he has done at previous clubs

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

It's clear he needs an assistant manager and immediately on 08:26 - Sep 15 with 1592 viewshype313

It's clear he needs an assistant manager and immediately on 08:22 - Sep 15 by itfcjoe

Spoke to someone yesterday who suggested that Cook is doing nearly all the hands on coaching, and this isn't something he has done at previous clubs

Just for future reference, as a club can we start doing some due diligence into managers and their coaching teams, and try to identify what that recipe is, because it was quite clear from Lambert's history that things went sour when Culverhouse left him and I fear that without Richardson, Cook is struggling with an experienced team, which consists of a guy that has no experience, a guy that has limited experience with Everton kids and a guy who's in the process of doing badges whilst doubling up doing the laundry.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

It's clear he needs an assistant manager and immediately on 08:41 - Sep 15 with 1544 viewsElderGrizzly

After making such a performance about not needing one, it will be a huge loss of pride for him to now admit he does.

Why he thought after working with one his entire career and now not needing one is beyond me. Especially with the woeful lack of experience in the coaching staff.

I don't think he'll do it and it isn't Ashton's style to impose it on him.
It's clear he needs an assistant manager and immediately on 08:43 - Sep 15 with 1529 viewsDanTheMan

It's clear he needs an assistant manager and immediately on 08:22 - Sep 15 by itfcjoe

What are the other coaches doing then?

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

It's clear he needs an assistant manager and immediately on 08:45 - Sep 15 with 1515 viewsElderGrizzly

It's clear he needs an assistant manager and immediately on 08:43 - Sep 15 by DanTheMan

Cones...
It's clear he needs an assistant manager and immediately on 08:46 - Sep 15 with 1503 viewsBiGDonnie

It's clear he needs an assistant manager and immediately on 08:26 - Sep 15 by hype313

Just for future reference, as a club can we start doing some due diligence into managers and their coaching teams, and try to identify what that recipe is, because it was quite clear from Lambert's history that things went sour when Culverhouse left him and I fear that without Richardson, Cook is struggling with an experienced team, which consists of a guy that has no experience, a guy that has limited experience with Everton kids and a guy who's in the process of doing badges whilst doubling up doing the laundry.

Let's not forget one who sent disgusting messages to his wife so she 'feared for her life'.

Inspiring.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

It's clear he needs an assistant manager and immediately on 08:49 - Sep 15 with 1488 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Were they saying it isn't something he's done at previous clubs or are you?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

It's clear he needs an assistant manager and immediately on 08:51 - Sep 15 with 1473 viewsBiGDonnie

It's clear he needs an assistant manager and immediately on 08:43 - Sep 15 by DanTheMan

More importantly, what the fook is Cook 'coaching' them?

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

It's clear he needs an assistant manager and immediately on 08:52 - Sep 15 with 1468 viewshype313

Laundry.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

It's clear he needs an assistant manager and immediately on 09:25 - Sep 15 with 1374 viewsitfcjoe

It's clear he needs an assistant manager and immediately on 08:49 - Sep 15 by Cheltenham_Blue

Were they saying it isn't something he's done at previous clubs or are you?

They were, I don't know the situation here or wlsewhere

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

It's clear he needs an assistant manager and immediately on 09:43 - Sep 15 with 1272 viewsDavoIPB

Really. The other day he said that he had been to the training ground twice in a week. For one away match he went up four days before the game so wasn't even in ipswich to be at the training ground. Not sure how much coaching he is doing. With that attendance record at training I'm not sure he knows how the players are performing.
It's clear he needs an assistant manager and immediately on 12:19 - Sep 15 with 1124 viewsNthQldITFC

It's clear he needs an assistant manager and immediately on 08:45 - Sep 15 by ElderGrizzly

Cones...

That's what I'm doing too; it helps me forget about fkn football and fkn ITFC.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024