Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
COOK IN! 08:17 - Sep 15 with 5870 viewsblueysbackside

Just what was everyone expecting?

I thought we were all on board with the new plan at the start of the season. You know, the one where we made unprecedented changes — those being an entire new starting XI and almost a new squad. And I repeat ‘unprecedented’ — NO OTHER TEAM HAVE DONE THIS.

Just how long did we think it would take for everything to come together on the pitch?

We’ve played just a handful of games. These players — and the boss — need time. We’ve played what’s arguably our starting back five just once this season. Our stellar signings, Morsy and Celina, have not yet featured together on the pitch — and won’t for a while. Morsy has, of course, played just once.

What do you expect when there are no partnerships formed on the pitch? These take time with SO many changes. We are not integrating one or two players into this team, but 19. NINETEEN.

Write off this season, forget it. We’re not going up. Next season, perhaps. We’ve turned into the pot noodle brigade, demanding instant gratification.

Some fans in here are even giving Cook until the end of this month if he doesn’t win a League game. Utter madness.

On the first day of this season, we drew 2-2 with Morecambe. That team featured just one player - KVY - who started the last game of the previous season.

A number of peeps in here have pointed to Morecambe as another team who have made numerous changes. As I keep pointing out, what they’ve have done isn’t to the same scale.

They had five players who started that game who also started their play-off final win of last season, (with other familiar faces on the bench).

So what am I getting at?

Well, in a nutshell, I believe Cook needs at least until Xmas before we start contemplating another new manager.

If you look at our current squad, Kayden Jackson is our top appearance maker in the League (95), followed by Woolfie (64), Norwood (58) and Holy (57), none of whom are regular starters now.

So I’d argue most our players wouldn’t know their way into town, let alone the attributes of the player in front of them on the pitch.

I feel sorry for Cook. I think we’ve turned into a version of Watford in League One, with a group of players assembled with little input from the boss.

And to even try to see what 19 players can do in a game.....he hasn't got another pre-season. It's a thankless task

But do you really think that any manager at this level would have turned us into world beaters by now? Wait, be patient.

COOK IN! Fao Herbivore on 10:47 - Sep 19 with 246 viewsHerbivore

COOK IN! Fao Herbivore on 10:27 - Sep 19 by blueysbackside

I refer you to your ‘who got mocked for saying Cook needed time’ post below. Case dismissed

I said you were talking guff because of the various mental hoops you were jumping through to justify our terrible start to the season. That's not mocking you for thinking Cook needs more time.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024