Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ashtons an ex footballer, and experienced in his role, with football contacts. 09:39 - Sep 15 with 1229 viewsgalacticoblue

In my optimism mode, he is no Clegg, Milne or Evans. He should know exactly what is wrong at the moment. Whether its individuals, fitness, tactics/formations, Cook and coaching etc.

Anyone know his record on patience before he changes things?

Ashtons an ex footballer, and experienced in his role, with football contacts. on 09:43 - Sep 15 with 1182 viewsWarkystache

At Bristol City he kept faith with Lee Johnson despite the club going on a few long winless runs, which ultimately led to them finishing lower-mid table. They looked a good bet for promotion before the rot started.

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Ashtons an ex footballer, and experienced in his role, with football contacts. on 10:00 - Sep 15 with 1123 viewsgalacticoblue

Ashtons an ex footballer, and experienced in his role, with football contacts. on 09:43 - Sep 15 by Warkystache

At Bristol City he kept faith with Lee Johnson despite the club going on a few long winless runs, which ultimately led to them finishing lower-mid table. They looked a good bet for promotion before the rot started.

Well he seemed to know the manager was decent - he’s now doing ok at Sunderland. Other things at play at Bristol for not progressing, like injuries I suppose.

If he doesn’t rate Cook, Cook will be gone sooner rather than later.
Ashtons an ex footballer, and experienced in his role, with football contacts. on 10:46 - Sep 15 with 1056 viewsFrom82Ashes

He’s a former and failed youth team keeper , who is a %100 wannabe footballer

That is actually a major issue - he thinks he knows the game

The only reason Johnson lasted so long at Bristol City was he was the Owners Pet Project , and a personal friend

Ashton will simply run with the flow and throw Cook under the bus if that’s the popular tide

Ask yourself who is the actual power behind the acquisitions and massive squad rebuild

We are now paying heavily for Ashtons stewardship - it might look all glossy and a shiny new coat of paint but wait till it starts flaking
Ashtons an ex footballer, and experienced in his role, with football contacts. on 11:22 - Sep 15 with 997 viewsFevsBCFC

Ashton’s an ex-Footballer is the same way as Gordon Ramsey was a Glasgow Rangers player!

Ashton was an apprentice goalkeeper at West Brom (assuming he didn’t make that up). He got let go, and ended up working for the West Brom Community Scheme, where he became pally with Mike O’Leary.

He has been in the football business a long time, he knows the business side of football….but that does not mean he understands “football”. That is his weakness….he’s a wannabe footballer, who wasn’t good enough, but thinks he is one.
Ashtons an ex footballer, and experienced in his role, with football contacts. on 12:20 - Sep 15 with 952 views44_not_out

Ashtons an ex footballer, and experienced in his role, with football contacts. on 10:46 - Sep 15 by From82Ashes

He’s a former and failed youth team keeper , who is a %100 wannabe footballer

That is actually a major issue - he thinks he knows the game

The only reason Johnson lasted so long at Bristol City was he was the Owners Pet Project , and a personal friend

Ashton will simply run with the flow and throw Cook under the bus if that’s the popular tide

Ask yourself who is the actual power behind the acquisitions and massive squad rebuild

We are now paying heavily for Ashtons stewardship - it might look all glossy and a shiny new coat of paint but wait till it starts flaking

So you are critical about a ‘failed youth goalkeeper’ and to quote ‘he thinks he knows the game’

You then go into full on mode saying what the problems are, suggesting you DO know the game.

Can I ask, are you more or less qualified than this so called ‘failed youth goalkeeper’ who ‘thinks he knows the game’
Ashtons an ex footballer, and experienced in his role, with football contacts. on 12:30 - Sep 15 with 914 viewsFrom82Ashes

Ashtons an ex footballer, and experienced in his role, with football contacts. on 12:20 - Sep 15 by 44_not_out

So you are critical about a ‘failed youth goalkeeper’ and to quote ‘he thinks he knows the game’

You then go into full on mode saying what the problems are, suggesting you DO know the game.

Can I ask, are you more or less qualified than this so called ‘failed youth goalkeeper’ who ‘thinks he knows the game’

I possibly or probably do but that’s another story , (As regards to the game , not the business) and I’m not involved in majorly influencing the development of a Club and more importantly , and the key , formation of a squad in the third level of Professional Football

You must grow gullible in East Anglia

With the massive financial investment you should absolutely get out of L1 , and undoubtedly will

When you do , it will be in despite of Ashton not because of him , you will eventually find out that Watford , Oxford and Bristol City Fans were correct
Ashtons an ex footballer, and experienced in his role, with football contacts. on 12:53 - Sep 15 with 861 viewstractorshark

Ashtons an ex footballer, and experienced in his role, with football contacts. on 12:30 - Sep 15 by From82Ashes

I possibly or probably do but that’s another story , (As regards to the game , not the business) and I’m not involved in majorly influencing the development of a Club and more importantly , and the key , formation of a squad in the third level of Professional Football

You must grow gullible in East Anglia

With the massive financial investment you should absolutely get out of L1 , and undoubtedly will

When you do , it will be in despite of Ashton not because of him , you will eventually find out that Watford , Oxford and Bristol City Fans were correct

These responses always make me laugh. Let’s just cut the cr*p. You probably don’t.

In the same way, I probably don’t know as much about football as Mark Ashton or Paul Cook, even though I’d like to think I do. That’s not being gullible, it’s just a reality unless, of course, you work in professional football in which case I suspect you wouldn’t be on a fans forum slagging him off.

Whether or not that knowledge makes Ashton or Cook good at their jobs is the only relevant question.

Cook has a decent track record but some managers don’t fit certain clubs. Sometimes they are unlucky, sometimes they make mistakes. I would say on current evidence Cook is paying for his ‘demolition man’ antics. It alienated the previous squad and has put unnecessary pressure on the current one. That said, I think sacking him this month would be a bold call and probably the wrong one.

As for Ashton, I don’t think he quite deserves the hero status he has been bestowed here already but so far he’s done what Cook and the majority of fans wanted. But, like fans of other clubs he’s been involved with, we can only truly judge him after a season or so.

Maybe you will be proved right about him, maybe not.
Ashtons an ex footballer, and experienced in his role, with football contacts. on 12:56 - Sep 15 with 848 viewsgalacticoblue

Ashtons an ex footballer, and experienced in his role, with football contacts. on 11:22 - Sep 15 by FevsBCFC

Ashton’s an ex-Footballer is the same way as Gordon Ramsey was a Glasgow Rangers player!

Ashton was an apprentice goalkeeper at West Brom (assuming he didn’t make that up). He got let go, and ended up working for the West Brom Community Scheme, where he became pally with Mike O’Leary.

He has been in the football business a long time, he knows the business side of football….but that does not mean he understands “football”. That is his weakness….he’s a wannabe footballer, who wasn’t good enough, but thinks he is one.

possibly may have over egged the ex footballer point, but at least he was in the game, and since has had a lot of experience over the last 30 odd years or so.
Point remains, he has much more football awareness and contacts in the game than our previous bosses/ owners - who would leave things far too long before realising the problems.
Login to get fewer ads

Ashtons an ex footballer, and experienced in his role, with football contacts. on 13:06 - Sep 15 with 824 viewsBiGDonnie

Ashtons an ex footballer, and experienced in his role, with football contacts. on 12:53 - Sep 15 by tractorshark

These responses always make me laugh. Let’s just cut the cr*p. You probably don’t.

In the same way, I probably don’t know as much about football as Mark Ashton or Paul Cook, even though I’d like to think I do. That’s not being gullible, it’s just a reality unless, of course, you work in professional football in which case I suspect you wouldn’t be on a fans forum slagging him off.

Whether or not that knowledge makes Ashton or Cook good at their jobs is the only relevant question.

Cook has a decent track record but some managers don’t fit certain clubs. Sometimes they are unlucky, sometimes they make mistakes. I would say on current evidence Cook is paying for his ‘demolition man’ antics. It alienated the previous squad and has put unnecessary pressure on the current one. That said, I think sacking him this month would be a bold call and probably the wrong one.

As for Ashton, I don’t think he quite deserves the hero status he has been bestowed here already but so far he’s done what Cook and the majority of fans wanted. But, like fans of other clubs he’s been involved with, we can only truly judge him after a season or so.

Maybe you will be proved right about him, maybe not.

Definitely don't*

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024