Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So the Head of Ofsted has criticised schools for prioritising children welfare 11:12 - Sep 15 with 653 viewsSwansea_Blue

Seems a bit of a strange take. I'm sure the schools would rather not be in a position where they have to provide food packages, but to criticise them for looking after the wellbeing of the most vulnerable is pretty disgusting imo. If she genuinely thought it was "admirable" she could have just stopped there and said no more. Or maybe address why the schools are having to do this.

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2021/sep/14/ofsted-head-schools-focus-food

Her appointment and policy positions make for interesting reading too - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amanda_Spielman

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

So the Head of Ofsted has criticised schools for prioritising children welfare on 11:14 - Sep 15 with 626 viewsCheltenham_Blue

She lives and dies by statistics. If school progression and attainment figures drop, she's in for it.

She really couldn't give a sh1t about children, unless they are likely at some point to earn money for her own interests.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

So the Head of Ofsted has criticised schools for prioritising children welfare on 11:16 - Sep 15 with 619 viewsDubtractor

Mrs Dub is a teacher.

She does not speak highly of Amanda speilman.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

So the Head of Ofsted has criticised schools for prioritising children welfare on 11:16 - Sep 15 with 627 viewsHerbivore

She's precisely the kind of absolute tosser that the government want in key roles. Feeding kids is so last century.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

So the Head of Ofsted has criticised schools for prioritising children welfare on 11:24 - Sep 15 with 595 viewsGuthrum

So the Head of Ofsted has criticised schools for prioritising children welfare on 11:14 - Sep 15 by Cheltenham_Blue

She lives and dies by statistics. If school progression and attainment figures drop, she's in for it.

She really couldn't give a sh1t about children, unless they are likely at some point to earn money for her own interests.

This, for me, is one of the things which has most damaged education in the UK - this incessant emphasis on statistics, exam pass rates and league tables. Schooling is a service, not a competition.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

So the Head of Ofsted has criticised schools for prioritising children welfare on 11:27 - Sep 15 with 576 viewsFixed_It

So the Head of Ofsted has criticised schools for prioritising children welfare on 11:24 - Sep 15 by Guthrum

This, for me, is one of the things which has most damaged education in the UK - this incessant emphasis on statistics, exam pass rates and league tables. Schooling is a service, not a competition.

Absolutely. Students are neither clients nor a commodity. Business measures are wholly inappropriate.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

So the Head of Ofsted has criticised schools for prioritising children welfare on 11:29 - Sep 15 with 584 viewsBlueBadger

So the Head of Ofsted has criticised schools for prioritising children welfare on 11:24 - Sep 15 by Guthrum

It is not in the interests of the current government and the Conservative party in general to produce people who can actually THINK, particularly if that thinking is of the critical nature. It would cripple their support base.
[Post edited 15 Sep 2021 11:29]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

So the Head of Ofsted has criticised schools for prioritising children welfare on 11:39 - Sep 15 with 566 viewsBlueBadger

So the Head of Ofsted has criticised schools for prioritising children welfare on 11:16 - Sep 15 by Herbivore

She's precisely the kind of absolute tosser that the government want in key roles. Feeding kids is so last century.

Just for old times' sake then: F**k this government, f**k anyone who voted for them and f**k anyone who tries to justify their corrupt, incompetent sociopathy and open bigotry.
[Post edited 15 Sep 2021 12:04]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

So the Head of Ofsted has criticised schools for prioritising children welfare on 11:41 - Sep 15 with 560 viewsSwansea_Blue

"Schooling is a service, not a competition"

Next time Ofsted headship comes up, you've got my vote Guthers.

I was struck by the difference in the US when our kids went to school there. It didn't seem as academic and they taught a wider array of life skills. I've no idea what impact that would have on exam pass rates, but it certainly produced more rounded kids - they were socially much better at communicating and comfortable being around others.

Login to get fewer ads

So the Head of Ofsted has criticised schools for prioritising children welfare on 11:51 - Sep 15 with 524 viewsChrisd

Not in their eyes sadly, it's all about attainment, progress and attendance anything else is an unwarranted distraction. It's that black and white for them and then throw in their own agendas, tough for school leaders to appease especially during these last 18 months. A ticking boxes exercise.
[Post edited 15 Sep 2021 11:59]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

So the Head of Ofsted has criticised schools for prioritising children welfare on 11:59 - Sep 15 with 506 viewsHerbivore

So the Head of Ofsted has criticised schools for prioritising children welfare on 11:41 - Sep 15 by Swansea_Blue

I was struck by the difference in the US when our kids went to school there. It didn't seem as academic and they taught a wider array of life skills. I've no idea what impact that would have on exam pass rates, but it certainly produced more rounded kids - they were socially much better at communicating and comfortable being around others.

That must have been a hell of a school run from Swansea.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

So the Head of Ofsted has criticised schools for prioritising children welfare on 12:01 - Sep 15 with 496 viewsSwansea_Blue

So the Head of Ofsted has criticised schools for prioritising children welfare on 11:59 - Sep 15 by Herbivore

That must have been a hell of a school run from Swansea.

Nanny took them!

So the Head of Ofsted has criticised schools for prioritising children welfare on 17:31 - Sep 15 with 374 viewsfactual_blue

So the Head of Ofsted has criticised schools for prioritising children welfare on 11:41 - Sep 15 by Swansea_Blue

The 'life skills' presumably centred on learning by rote 'Have a good day, sir', and 'do you want fries with that?', as well as how to strip down and re-assemble a semi-automatic rifle.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024