Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cook will get it right (n/t) 18:41 - Sep 15 with 5695 viewsjasondozzell

Cook will get it right (n/t) on 18:44 - Sep 15 with 3540 viewsHARRY10

Cook will get it right (n/t) on 18:46 - Sep 15 with 3534 viewsCokeIsKey

Thanks for that, not concerned about the 16.7% win percentage anymore.

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

Cook will get it right (n/t) on 18:48 - Sep 15 with 3516 viewsOldboy

You, like the rest of us, don't know that. We should all be hoping, but nobody knows at the moment.
Cook will get it right (n/t) on 07:00 - Sep 16 with 3315 viewstrncbluearmy

Cook will get it right (n/t) on 18:48 - Sep 15 by Oldboy

You, like the rest of us, don't know that. We should all be hoping, but nobody knows at the moment.

Interesting article in EADT this morning about managers that have turned their season around

Some high risk decisions, dropping players and changes in formation made before it's to late saved the day.
For Town things really need to improve from Saturday onwards to save the season.

4 4 fecking 2 is and always will be the answer.
Cook will get it right (n/t) on 07:16 - Sep 16 with 3274 viewsitfcjoe

I actually had a chat with him last night, he says that he thinks there will be another 2-3 weeks of pain until the ‘sun starts shining’. By that point he’ll have got his best team out consistently and fit etc in his view and that will be when things turn with results and complete performances

You’d imagine that Ashton is aware of this and that in agreement that he’ll be given this time - but who knows

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Cook will get it right (n/t) on 07:26 - Sep 16 with 3230 viewstrncbluearmy

Cook will get it right (n/t) on 07:16 - Sep 16 by itfcjoe

I actually had a chat with him last night, he says that he thinks there will be another 2-3 weeks of pain until the ‘sun starts shining’. By that point he’ll have got his best team out consistently and fit etc in his view and that will be when things turn with results and complete performances

You’d imagine that Ashton is aware of this and that in agreement that he’ll be given this time - but who knows

He might as well just have said need to get Morsy in team and Celina fit

He is pinning all his hopes on two last minute signings,there seems to be no real plan other then that
Cook will get it right (n/t) on 07:43 - Sep 16 with 3176 viewsunstableblue

How did he seem Joe?

His club post match interview started to show signs its getting to him, and wonder if he’s passing this onto the players.

Doncaster is must win for him in my view.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Cook will get it right (n/t) on 08:02 - Sep 16 with 3135 viewsMetal_Hacker

"The Sun Starts Shining" - he's full of cliches innit

Wonder if he means a clean sheet when referring to the sunshine !?

Poll: If it were one or the other

Login to get fewer ads

Cook will get it right (n/t) on 08:04 - Sep 16 with 3136 viewsitfcjoe

Cook will get it right (n/t) on 07:43 - Sep 16 by unstableblue

How did he seem Joe?

His club post match interview started to show signs its getting to him, and wonder if he’s passing this onto the players.

Doncaster is must win for him in my view.

I don’t really want to say much more, feel as though so much I say is taken the wrong way by too many as they desperately search for my ‘agenda’, just wanted to pass on what I thought was the key message from it - and hopefully a reason to be positive

Cook will get it right (n/t) on 08:12 - Sep 16 with 3087 viewstextbackup

Cook will get it right (n/t) on 08:04 - Sep 16 by itfcjoe

I don’t really want to say much more, feel as though so much I say is taken the wrong way by too many as they desperately search for my ‘agenda’, just wanted to pass on what I thought was the key message from it - and hopefully a reason to be positive

when i spoke with him in the greyhound after the fleetwood 3-1 win last season, i must say he was such a likeable positive bloke, absolutely adores the game and i was so so glad he was our manager.

most of the conversation was about how he's settling into the area, decent places around suffolk to visit etc, but he seemed the one more keen on making it a football chat.

i really want paul cooks blue and white army to be one that works, and works well
[Post edited 16 Sep 2021 8:20]

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Cook will get it right (n/t) on 08:14 - Sep 16 with 3071 viewstimothyeo

You literally said the same thing about Hurst and Lambert with the same zero evidence to base this on.

When will you learn?
Cook will get it right (n/t) on 08:27 - Sep 16 with 3010 viewsunstableblue

Cook will get it right (n/t) on 08:12 - Sep 16 by textbackup

when i spoke with him in the greyhound after the fleetwood 3-1 win last season, i must say he was such a likeable positive bloke, absolutely adores the game and i was so so glad he was our manager.

most of the conversation was about how he's settling into the area, decent places around suffolk to visit etc, but he seemed the one more keen on making it a football chat.

i really want paul cooks blue and white army to be one that works, and works well

A key client of mine is a rabid Wigan fan, and part of their supporters club set-up.

He’s spent time with Cook, behind the scenes ‘meet the fans events’ etc. Sent this when Cook joined:

“I loved Paul Cook, great brand of football. Real character and a football person.
Such a positive contributor to our fans forums when he was speaking.
Really gets fans and the club.
Used to play for us in the 80s.
Look at his track record, improved every team he has been in charge off.
Wish he was still here”

I hope it does work out here for him. Saturday has rightly concerned everyone, individual errors had cost us perhaps 3 wins. But Bolton seemed to open us up, and the players heads seemed to have gone.

I’m still hoping this is team gelling and now psychological issue not s coaching one. Morsy suggests it is.

But time running out for him and the season.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Cook will get it right (n/t) on 08:28 - Sep 16 with 3010 viewsEireannach_gorm

Cook will get it right (n/t) on 07:00 - Sep 16 by trncbluearmy

Interesting article in EADT this morning about managers that have turned their season around

Some high risk decisions, dropping players and changes in formation made before it's to late saved the day.
For Town things really need to improve from Saturday onwards to save the season.

4 4 fecking 2 is and always will be the answer.

4-4-2 does not suit the players we have. 5-4-1 would fit both players and Paul's desire to play one up front. Because we play Wingbacks and our fulbacks are better going forward than defending we need to bolster the defense. I really think that if Paul changed the formation we would get better results. Strange that he hasn't rectified an obvious weakness. We have acquired mostly good players but are not using them to their strengths and definitely not playing as a team. Good teams don't depend on individuals and cover individual mistakes/weakness. I really really want Paul to succeed but would just like to see progress and not keep repeating the same mistakes.
Cook will get it right (n/t) on 08:30 - Sep 16 with 2999 viewstextbackup

Cook will get it right (n/t) on 08:14 - Sep 16 by timothyeo

You literally said the same thing about Hurst and Lambert with the same zero evidence to base this on.

When will you learn?

if you start out anti the manager, at any club, you ultimately might end up being right.

some prefer to support.

Cook will get it right (n/t) on 08:30 - Sep 16 with 2998 viewsWeWereZombies

All the same, and not wishing to piss on Joe's chips too, the thread header does sound like we are heading into broken clock tells the right time twice a day territory (and you need another clock to be able to know when it does tell the right time.)

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Cook will get it right (n/t) on 08:35 - Sep 16 with 2963 viewsLightworker

Slightly concerned by this to be honest. If Cook is effectively writing off the next three games then how exactly are his players supposed to believe they can get results?

Its as clear as day that we need to stop shipping goals as a number one priority. Cook should be looking at a different formation with a more defensive set up so we can get a foothold in the game against Lincoln.

I fully expect us to go out with the same predictable gung-ho approach, concede early and then be completely on the back foot.
Cook will get it right (n/t) on 08:52 - Sep 16 with 2893 viewsBiGDonnie

I’m not so sure he will. Our performances are getting worse, we’re heading into a run of more difficult fixtures and our new owners won’t put up with his sh!t for much longer.

I reckon he’s got 3/4 games I which we need to not only see some wins, they need to be convincing.

Cook out.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Cook will get it right (n/t) on 08:56 - Sep 16 with 2876 viewstrncbluearmy

Cook will get it right (n/t) on 08:35 - Sep 16 by Lightworker

Slightly concerned by this to be honest. If Cook is effectively writing off the next three games then how exactly are his players supposed to believe they can get results?

Its as clear as day that we need to stop shipping goals as a number one priority. Cook should be looking at a different formation with a more defensive set up so we can get a foothold in the game against Lincoln.

I fully expect us to go out with the same predictable gung-ho approach, concede early and then be completely on the back foot.

A proper professional defensive display, a good, not lucky, 0-0 draw would be a small step forward but as you say the gung-ho approach is more predictable and another bad loss.

The other option is he gets Celina on and rips it apart, everybody gets excited and all is well,... but it`s not really

His words concerned me as well especially after reading the EADT article referred to earlier.
Cook will get it right (n/t) on 08:59 - Sep 16 with 2858 viewstextbackup

Cook will get it right (n/t) on 08:35 - Sep 16 by Lightworker

is he writing the next 2/3 games off?

Cook will get it right (n/t) on 09:10 - Sep 16 with 2808 viewsLightworker

Cook will get it right (n/t) on 08:59 - Sep 16 by textbackup

is he writing the next 2/3 games off?

"he says that he thinks there will be another 2-3 weeks of pain until the ‘sun starts shining’"

This is obviously open to interpretation but Its not exactly the mindset I would hope for in our Manager. With the squad we have we should be expecting to win every match in League One, not pinning our hopes on two players coming back in a few weeks.
Cook will get it right (n/t) on 09:12 - Sep 16 with 2798 viewstextbackup

Cook will get it right (n/t) on 09:10 - Sep 16 by Lightworker

"he says that he thinks there will be another 2-3 weeks of pain until the ‘sun starts shining’"

This is obviously open to interpretation but Its not exactly the mindset I would hope for in our Manager. With the squad we have we should be expecting to win every match in League One, not pinning our hopes on two players coming back in a few weeks.

pain for him might result in a couple of scrappy wins as opposed to 3 complete performances.

Cook will get it right (n/t) on 09:16 - Sep 16 with 2772 viewshype313

I spoke to him a few weeks back in Sainsburys, and one thing I'm clinging onto is the fact that he's so positive and determined, he's infectious in his desire to succeed.

If I had an employee with his attitude I would be very happy, lets just hope this is teething problems rather than root canal issues.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Cook will get it right (n/t) on 11:33 - Sep 16 with 2588 viewsitfcjoe

There's no reason why it shouldn't - I was worried about results last year as felt it was going to hamstring him this year and it has done so as we now talk about 4 wins in 24 with justification

If we were sitting here on 7 points rather than 3 points, it would make things a lot easier - there's a real chance that the 2-3 more weeks of pain could see us bottom of the league and everything becomes so difficult

Cook will get it right (n/t) on 12:22 - Sep 16 with 2473 viewsOsborneOneNil

Cook will get it right (n/t) on 11:33 - Sep 16 by itfcjoe

There's no reason why it shouldn't - I was worried about results last year as felt it was going to hamstring him this year and it has done so as we now talk about 4 wins in 24 with justification

If we were sitting here on 7 points rather than 3 points, it would make things a lot easier - there's a real chance that the 2-3 more weeks of pain could see us bottom of the league and everything becomes so difficult

The frustrating thing is, we arguably should (penalty miss, Bonne, various errors) be on 7 points, minimum.

Football can be a bitch, especially as a Town fan.
Cook will get it right (n/t) on 12:52 - Sep 16 with 2415 viewsCheltenham_Blue

A chat with who? Cook? Where was this?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024