Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Michael Holding retires from cricket commentary 18:53 - Sep 15 with 1781 viewsEastTownBlue

I did wonder if last weekend’s cancelled/postponed test match would have been his last.

Slightly too young to see him as a player, will miss his commentary immensely. A big loss to Sky.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/58556867
Michael Holding retires from cricket commentary on 18:58 - Sep 15 with 1740 viewsHerbivore

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! I love Michael Holding.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Michael Holding retires from cricket commentary on 18:58 - Sep 15 with 1741 viewsfactual_blue

Michael Holding retires from cricket commentary on 18:58 - Sep 15 by Herbivore

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! I love Michael Holding.

The batman's Holding...

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Michael Holding retires from cricket commentary on 20:06 - Sep 15 with 1657 viewsYallop

Michael Holding retires from cricket commentary on 18:58 - Sep 15 by factual_blue

The batman's Holding...

the bowlers
Michael Holding retires from cricket commentary on 20:08 - Sep 15 with 1647 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Michael Holding retires from cricket commentary on 18:58 - Sep 15 by factual_blue

The batman's Holding...

Won't even be the commentator's Holding the bowler's ...

any more.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Michael Holding retires from cricket commentary on 20:13 - Sep 15 with 1629 viewsEastTownBlue

Michael Holding retires from cricket commentary on 20:06 - Sep 15 by Yallop

the bowlers

errm de Cock ?

Doesn't work with a wicketkeeper.
[Post edited 15 Sep 2021 20:19]
Michael Holding retires from cricket commentary on 20:15 - Sep 15 with 1618 viewsgainsboroughblue

Loved watching him bowl. Absolutely beautiful action and so fast. And such a soothing voice listening to him commentate. I wonder if he could be persuaded to do the odd TMS gig. He would be great on there.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Michael Holding retires from cricket commentary on 20:29 - Sep 15 with 1580 viewsKeno

fantastic bowler

great commentator

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Michael Holding retires from cricket commentary on 20:40 - Sep 15 with 1549 viewsCrawfordsboot

His book why we kneel is an absolute must read.
Login to get fewer ads

Michael Holding retires from cricket commentary on 20:44 - Sep 15 with 1542 viewsEastTownBlue

Michael Holding retires from cricket commentary on 20:40 - Sep 15 by Crawfordsboot

His book why we kneel is an absolute must read.

Thanks for the recommendation.

He was the guest on the recent edition of Desert Island Discs

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000zkyf
Michael Holding retires from cricket commentary on 20:57 - Sep 15 with 1522 viewsEastTownBlue

Although the Sky producer of cricket denies this

Michael Holding retires from cricket commentary on 21:18 - Sep 15 with 1467 viewsRyorry

Michael Holding retires from cricket commentary on 20:44 - Sep 15 by EastTownBlue

Heard it, absolutely superb, well worth a listen

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Michael Holding retires from cricket commentary on 21:22 - Sep 15 with 1457 viewsRyorry

Michael Holding retires from cricket commentary on 20:06 - Sep 15 by Yallop

the bowlers

Willey.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Michael Holding retires from cricket commentary on 22:09 - Sep 15 with 1376 viewsvapour_trail

The batman's Holding...

An urban myth, that one. Never happened.

Holding is a gentleman and a prince among men. He stands tall with the giants of the game who have played at the highest level, and gone on to call on the sport in his retirement as a journo and pundit, to the highest of standards.

A wonderful man. I hope we will still see him around the game a little, and that he enjoys his retirement.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Michael Holding retires from cricket commentary on 23:16 - Sep 15 with 1298 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Love Michael Holdings commentary, something about Wrst Indian tones commentating over cricket that just seems right.

Ideally accompanied by a Yorkshireman

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Michael Holding retires from cricket commentary on 00:06 - Sep 16 with 1274 viewshatch

Michael Holding retires from cricket commentary on 23:16 - Sep 15 by BlueandTruesince82

Love Michael Holdings commentary, something about Wrst Indian tones commentating over cricket that just seems right.

Ideally accompanied by a Yorkshireman

“Runs”

You know when you hear Holding say that you’re in a summer of Test cricket.

Incidentally, was at The Oval today to watch Essex and into the pavilion seating area walk the Windies u19 squad. I go up to their coach and say ‘so who’s the next Brian Lara?’ and he says, ‘well, we’ve just had a young talent score 91 down in Canterbury and another half century previously - he’s going to be big’

‘What’s his name?’ I ask

He replies ‘Teddy Bishop’……!

I said ‘there’s a great third tier footballer he’s named after by the way!’

Think it went over his head as a man from the Windies.
Michael Holding retires from cricket commentary on 00:40 - Sep 16 with 1247 viewsBasingstokeBlue

Mikey’s fruity, Jamaican vowels have become a part of modern cricket commentary.

I, for one, will miss his voice.

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Michael Holding retires from cricket commentary on 09:35 - Sep 16 with 1097 viewsWeWereZombies

Michael Holding retires from cricket commentary on 20:44 - Sep 15 by EastTownBlue

Worth pointing out that the 'BBC Sounds' player has shortened edits of the music played (for copyright reasons) so to get the full effect you will need to listen live to the repeat tomorrow morning at nine (or start the catch up before about 09:43) on Radio Four.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Michael Holding retires from cricket commentary on 10:26 - Sep 16 with 1060 viewsPinewoodblue

Michael Holding retires from cricket commentary on 20:13 - Sep 15 by EastTownBlue

errm de Cock ?

Doesn't work with a wicketkeeper.
[Post edited 15 Sep 2021 20:19]

Willey is the correct answer

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&c

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Michael Holding retires from cricket commentary on 13:00 - Sep 16 with 991 viewsFenland_Blue

He lives in Newmarket, often seen up the gallops.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2021 13:03]

Up and mainly down, following Town since 88

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024