Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Burns 14:01 - Sep 16 with 1423 viewsMenton

For all the negatives at the moment, Burns is actually really good, isn’t he? Like a faster Gwion Edwards, with a better final ball.

If the others turn out that good eventually we’ll do well.

Gareth McCauley in Dead Man's Shoes
Poll: Which of our strikers will get injured for the Republic of Ireland tomorrow?

Burns on 14:10 - Sep 16 with 1393 viewsIllinoisblue

Talking of former players, have any of those bombed out made any reference to our current struggles? You’d think at least one of them would have had a snarky dig on social media by now. Maybe some 👀 with a screenshot of the league table.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Chambers was in the directors’ box the other night apparently on 14:13 - Sep 16 with 1373 viewsMenton

Burns on 14:10 - Sep 16 by Illinoisblue

Talking of former players, have any of those bombed out made any reference to our current struggles? You’d think at least one of them would have had a snarky dig on social media by now. Maybe some 👀 with a screenshot of the league table.

He must be secretly enjoying our current difficulties (and who would blame him?)

Poll: Which of our strikers will get injured for the Republic of Ireland tomorrow?

I very much doubt he'd be enjoying..... on 14:15 - Sep 16 with 1371 viewsBloots

Chambers was in the directors’ box the other night apparently on 14:13 - Sep 16 by Menton

He must be secretly enjoying our current difficulties (and who would blame him?)

....it at all.

He's not that type of character, I expect he's like nothing more than to see us succeed.

#legend

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Burns on 14:19 - Sep 16 with 1350 viewsReusersTown

Yeah he's really come on the last few games! Think it's apparent now he was struggling with a niggle the first few.
Burns on 14:20 - Sep 16 with 1338 viewsDubtractor

I think Burns is getting better with each game.

I wasn't convinced at first, but by the sounds of it he was carrying a niggle so that probably affected him.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Burns on 14:21 - Sep 16 with 1314 viewsDubtractor

Burns on 14:19 - Sep 16 by ReusersTown

Yeah he's really come on the last few games! Think it's apparent now he was struggling with a niggle the first few.

Ha, we've basically just posted the exact same thing.

Great minds etc...

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Burns on 14:25 - Sep 16 with 1290 viewsDanTheMan

Burns on 14:20 - Sep 16 by Dubtractor

I think Burns is getting better with each game.

I wasn't convinced at first, but by the sounds of it he was carrying a niggle so that probably affected him.

He's not very flashy but he looks very good running at defenders and puts in some lovely balls.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Burns on 14:25 - Sep 16 with 1287 viewspennblue

Let's face it, we have a lot of very good players in the team now, that are more than capable. We do need things to just click into place now.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Login to get fewer ads

Burns on 14:57 - Sep 16 with 1176 viewsBlueNomad

I thought he was the best player we faced last season. Really pleased when we signed him.
I very much doubt he'd be enjoying..... on 15:14 - Sep 16 with 1137 viewsTooManyCooks

I very much doubt he'd be enjoying..... on 14:15 - Sep 16 by Bloots

....it at all.

He's not that type of character, I expect he's like nothing more than to see us succeed.

#legend

Absolutely right, plus it would be rather stupid of him, given that he has a commercial relationship with the club to use the Portman Road facilities for his academy (and I believe he has an under the table agreement for kids not quite making it at ITFC to be recommended across and vice versa for those that are proving very capable at his academy, but obviously that would be pure conjecture and speculation, unless someone knew differently of course).

hedgehog flavoured cucumbers

Burns on 15:25 - Sep 16 with 1090 viewsChrisd

Burns on 14:10 - Sep 16 by Illinoisblue

I doubt any of them would openly, but secretly I bet they are really enjoying our struggles.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Chambers was in the directors’ box the other night apparently on 16:02 - Sep 16 with 997 viewsBasuco

Chambers was in the directors’ box the other night apparently on 14:13 - Sep 16 by Menton

He probably thought there is an opening there for a defensive coach.
Burns on 16:31 - Sep 16 with 944 viewsJ2BLUE

Burns on 15:25 - Sep 16 by Chrisd

I doubt any of them would openly, but secretly I bet they are really enjoying our struggles.

Maybe 1-2.

People are bitter. I'd happily see a couple of companies I used to work for go under.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I very much doubt he'd be enjoying..... on 16:49 - Sep 16 with 894 viewsMenton

I very much doubt he'd be enjoying..... on 14:15 - Sep 16 by Bloots

....it at all.

#legend

You’d have to be a saint to get unceremoniously binned off by Cook and not to take a bit of secret pleasure from the fact we haven’t won since. I certainly would!

Love Chambers though, great character.

I very much doubt he'd be enjoying..... on 17:06 - Sep 16 with 846 viewsjayessess

I very much doubt he'd be enjoying..... on 16:49 - Sep 16 by Menton

You’d have to be a saint to get unceremoniously binned off by Cook and not to take a bit of secret pleasure from the fact we haven’t won since. I certainly would!

By the sounds of things the way Chambers got the chop was pretty ruthless, but I imagine it's easier to come to terms with when you're 35. I don't imagine Teddy Bishop, for example, will be feeling quite so sanguine and might well show as much on Saturday.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Burns on 17:19 - Sep 16 with 809 viewsRobTheMonk

He's started to get his head up more with his crossing. Really good player at this level. Compare him to Edwards who just used to run in a straight line, only with a trampoline attached to his feet.
Burns on 00:49 - Sep 17 with 639 viewsHighgateBlue

He's doing really well. Credit where it's due.

But his interview is a bit mental. Win the league? I've got more chance of winning the sodding lottery...
I very much doubt he'd be enjoying..... on 00:57 - Sep 17 with 635 viewsHighgateBlue

I very much doubt he'd be enjoying..... on 16:49 - Sep 16 by Menton

If Ashton was half as trigger happy as Cook, the latter would be holding his coffee in the queue for the Job Centre.

Chambers would be perfectly entitled to a smirk.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024