Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
At what point do we bite the bullet and just get Super Mick back? (n/t) 14:40 - Sep 16 with 2741 viewsSitfcB

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

When he first went to Cardiff.... on 14:45 - Sep 16 with 2091 viewsBloots

....I used to hope they'd win, just to annoy the numbskulls.

Now I hope they lose every match, so that he gets sacked and is back on the market.

What a man, sigh.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

When he first went to Cardiff.... on 14:50 - Sep 16 with 2040 viewsBlueBadger

When he first went to Cardiff.... on 14:45 - Sep 16 by Bloots

Now I hope they lose every match, so that he gets sacked and is back on the market.

What a man, sigh.

Big Sam by BlueBadger 15 Sep 2021 8:08
So did Lambert's.

Doesn't mean we should get him back.

What we have is a squad of Championship-capable players who are badly in need of organisation and proper team spirit building.

What need is....
https://media.balls.ie/uploads/2014/01/mickmccarthytea.gif

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

At what point do we bite the bullet and just get Super Mick back? (n/t) on 14:52 - Sep 16 with 2042 viewspositivity

after joe kinnear and steve evans turn us down

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

At what point do we bite the bullet and just get Super Mick back? (n/t) on 15:00 - Sep 16 with 2004 viewsMattinLondon

Never.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2021 15:02]
At what point do we bite the bullet and just get Super Mick back? (n/t) on 15:01 - Sep 16 with 1986 viewsBlueBadger

At what point do we bite the bullet and just get Super Mick back? (n/t) on 15:00 - Sep 16 by MattinLondon

Never.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2021 15:02]

You're right. He's way out of our league now, sadly.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

At what point do we bite the bullet and just get Super Mick back? (n/t) on 15:02 - Sep 16 with 1986 viewstimothyeo

Unfortunately that opportunity is long gone for us. If Cook doesn't turn out to be the one, here's hoping our owners can find the next Mick.
At what point do we bite the bullet and just get Super Mick back? (n/t) on 15:03 - Sep 16 with 1977 viewsMattinLondon

At what point do we bite the bullet and just get Super Mick back? (n/t) on 15:01 - Sep 16 by BlueBadger

You're right. He's way out of our league now, sadly.

That’s one of the reasons.
At what point do we bite the bullet and just get Super Mick back? (n/t) on 15:03 - Sep 16 with 1982 viewsJ2BLUE

Time to let that one go.

He wouldn't come back and that same minority would never welcome him back.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Mick will be gone from Cardiff by Christmas or the summer guaranteed on 15:11 - Sep 16 with 1946 viewsunstableblue

When he first went to Cardiff.... on 14:45 - Sep 16 by Bloots

What a man, sigh.

Cardiff fans are moving to the 60-80% who don't want his style anymore.

Drooling over what managers like Mark Robins can set up their teams to play, on a lower budget.

To be fair to Mick, he's got Cardiff probably punching above their weight based on their budget, as he did so well for us.

Doesn't mean anyone wants to watch it.

Mick should have stabilised us, solidified us, and then we should have hired a Robins, not a Hurst or a Lambert.

You're right to say he's a great guy and man manager. And he'd probably be getting a better tune out of our squad. Albeit the assembled squad is maybe not his type.

Would you really want him back?!

Anyway go an read back some TWTD forum posts from Mick's last season, a time when the North Stand sang in unison 'your football is sh!t' or 6 games at home without a goal (oh hang on these are Cardiff posts from today?!):

https://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=223767
https://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=223766

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Mick will be gone from Cardiff by Christmas or the summer guaranteed on 15:16 - Sep 16 with 1903 viewsKeno

Mick will be gone from Cardiff by Christmas or the summer guaranteed on 15:11 - Sep 16 by unstableblue

Drooling over what managers like Mark Robins can set up their teams to play, on a lower budget.

To be fair to Mick, he's got Cardiff probably punching above their weight based on their budget, as he did so well for us.

Mick should have stabilised us, solidified us, and then we should have hired a Robins, not a Hurst or a Lambert.

You're right to say he's a great guy and man manager. And he'd probably be getting a better tune out of our squad. Albeit the assembled squad is maybe not his type.

Anyway go an read back some TWTD forum posts from Mick's last season, a time when the North Stand sang in unison 'your football is sh!t' or 6 games at home without a goal (oh hang on these are Cardiff posts from today?!):

come on, most of them are Welsh so you have to make allowances

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

At what point do we bite the bullet and just get Super Mick back? (n/t) on 15:34 - Sep 16 with 1829 viewswitchdoctor

At what point do we bite the bullet and just get Super Mick back? (n/t) on 15:03 - Sep 16 by J2BLUE

Time to let that one go.

He wouldn't come back and that same minority would never welcome him back.

minority?
At what point do we bite the bullet and just get Super Mick back? (n/t) on 15:34 - Sep 16 with 1828 viewsArnieM

If McCarthy ever came back to Ipswich id test up my Season Ticket of 50+ years. No thanks

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Mick will be gone from Cardiff by Christmas or the summer guaranteed on 15:34 - Sep 16 with 1827 viewsBlueBadger

Mick will be gone from Cardiff by Christmas or the summer guaranteed on 15:11 - Sep 16 by unstableblue

If only he played Technical Football, took ages to gel a team and lost loads of games instead.

Outrageous on 15:34 - Sep 16 with 1824 viewsunstableblue

Mick will be gone from Cardiff by Christmas or the summer guaranteed on 15:16 - Sep 16 by Keno

come on, most of them are Welsh so you have to make allowances

I’m half Welsh!

And the family is from Cardiff

Oggy oggy oggy

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

At what point do we bite the bullet and just get Super Mick back? (n/t) on 15:45 - Sep 16 with 1794 viewsBlueBadger

At what point do we bite the bullet and just get Super Mick back? (n/t) on 15:34 - Sep 16 by ArnieM

If McCarthy ever came back to Ipswich id test up my Season Ticket of 50+ years. No thanks

What would you be testing it for?

At what point do we bite the bullet and just get Super Mick back? (n/t) on 15:56 - Sep 16 with 1774 viewshomer_123

Joking aside...a display like this does make you appreciate by homer_123 11 Sep 2021 16:38
that Mick really did get the basics right.

Yes...he had to go. He's got unfinished business here though....I'd have him back in a heartbeat.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

At what point do we bite the bullet and just get Super Mick back? (n/t) on 16:07 - Sep 16 with 1745 viewsJ2BLUE

At what point do we bite the bullet and just get Super Mick back? (n/t) on 15:34 - Sep 16 by witchdoctor

minority?

Yes. I'm talking about the small rabid section of fans who hated him and gave him unnecessary abuse.

There was obviously a much greater number who respected what he had done but thought it was time he left. I was in that camp.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Mick will be gone from Cardiff by Christmas or the summer guaranteed on 16:42 - Sep 16 with 1649 views_sanctimoanious_

Mick will be gone from Cardiff by Christmas or the summer guaranteed on 15:34 - Sep 16 by BlueBadger

If only he played Technical Football, took ages to gel a team and lost loads of games instead.

because it's one or the other ffs.
At what point do we bite the bullet and just get Super Mick back? (n/t) on 17:44 - Sep 16 with 1533 viewsbraveblue

When we want the crowds back down to about 12k!!
At what point do we bite the bullet and just get Super Mick back? (n/t) on 18:37 - Sep 16 with 1455 viewsmonty_radio

At what point do we bite the bullet and just get Super Mick back? (n/t) on 15:45 - Sep 16 by BlueBadger

What would you be testing it for?

Skouglas Disease

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

At what point do we bite the bullet and just get Super Mick back? (n/t) on 18:57 - Sep 16 with 1407 viewsFixed_It

I liked Mick. Good bloke, and great man manager. But I have to admit that the 230 mile round trip to see us have our first shot at goal in the 72nd minute pushed my loyalty to the limit. It was not entertaining and made me question my sanity. So it is a 'no' from me.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

At what point do we bite the bullet and just get Super Mick back? (n/t) on 19:00 - Sep 16 with 1394 viewsBlueForYou

Who..????
At what point do we bite the bullet and just get Super Mick back? (n/t) on 19:20 - Sep 16 with 1329 viewsdominiciawful

Almost feels like some people are more fans of Mick McCarthy than Ipswich Town.

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

At what point do we bite the bullet and just get Super Mick back? (n/t) on 19:25 - Sep 16 with 1314 viewsmonytowbray

Would take Mick back in a heartbeat with the current setup.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:01 - Sep 16 with 1262 viewsSuperCoops

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024