Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Off to see Russell Howard in a couple of weeks 17:44 - Sep 16 with 753 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Postponed from summer last year not seen him live before, but always enjoyed his stage stuff.
Not so keen on his TV work.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Off to see Russell Howard in a couple of weeks on 17:47 - Sep 16 with 734 viewsJ2BLUE

Enjoy. Not my cup of tea really.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Off to see Russell Howard in a couple of weeks on 18:26 - Sep 16 with 679 viewsMattinLondon

Really liked him but thought that he had fallen into the trap of taking himself too seriously.

But still very funny
Off to see Russell Howard in a couple of weeks on 19:10 - Sep 16 with 641 viewswkj

I saw him live at the O2 - he puts on a good show, but you can tell he's following a set script and doesn't (or didn't) tend to go 'off piste' very often. It's kind of like watching a stand up show on TV... but in person.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Off to see Russell Howard in a couple of weeks on 20:12 - Sep 16 with 574 viewsDebsyAngel

Saw him at the Regent the last time he was here and he was very funny.
Off to see Russell Howard in a couple of weeks on 20:17 - Sep 16 with 566 viewsIllinoisblue

Off to see Russell Howard in a couple of weeks on 19:10 - Sep 16 by wkj

I saw him live at the O2 - he puts on a good show, but you can tell he's following a set script and doesn't (or didn't) tend to go 'off piste' very often. It's kind of like watching a stand up show on TV... but in person.

Don’t most comics follow a pretty set script of their material?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Off to see Russell Howard in a couple of weeks on 20:27 - Sep 16 with 555 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Whenever there’s those lists on here of people you hate for no reason.. I need to start remembering to include RH. Always makes me want to headbutt a wall when I see him on TV.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Off to see Russell Howard in a couple of weeks on 20:34 - Sep 16 with 549 viewsIllinoisblue

Off to see Russell Howard in a couple of weeks on 20:27 - Sep 16 by The_Romford_Blue

Whenever there’s those lists on here of people you hate for no reason.. I need to start remembering to include RH. Always makes me want to headbutt a wall when I see him on TV.

Whenever I’ve seen him on clips on Mock the Week I’ve always assumed he’s a last-minute sub as the real comedian dropped out.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Off to see Russell Howard in a couple of weeks on 20:42 - Sep 16 with 529 viewswkj

Off to see Russell Howard in a couple of weeks on 20:17 - Sep 16 by Illinoisblue

Don’t most comics follow a pretty set script of their material?

Some do, some adlib. Some feel like they're reading an autocue, some dont.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Login to get fewer ads

Off to see Russell Howard in a couple of weeks on 21:38 - Sep 16 with 485 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Saw him in Ipswich in 2006 and then again at Norwich arts centre in 2007.. Very very funny man, but like most comedians that have some form of success they (quite understandably) try and milk it for everything they can and it becomes a bit too much.

Same can be said for the likes of Widdicombe, Ranganathan, Whitehall, Beckett etc. Who have some genuinely very funny material but move into TV which is an easier medium to get consistent earnings
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024