Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Key phrases from this mornings interview 10:51 - Sep 17 with 1312 viewsMediocre_Quick

'We are not a team yet'

I mean, we can see that, but these are professional athletes who train together every day, BUT, making excuses week in & week out, there seems to be a minority who will continue to happy clap the project, but for the rest of us, Cook had chances last season to get this team into the play offs, but bottled it,

5-2 HOME loss to Bolton wasn't good enough, at which point does he get the sack? He keeps mentioning the 10 game mark, but even then, if we haven't won a game, or gone on a mini unbeaten run of drawing games and getting points, surely then the owners need to start making changes...
Key phrases from this mornings interview on 10:59 - Sep 17 with 1259 viewsStirlingArcher

I'm guessing that a concept of a total rebuild is not worth explaining to you...
Key phrases from this mornings interview on 11:09 - Sep 17 with 1233 viewsMediocre_Quick

Key phrases from this mornings interview on 10:59 - Sep 17 by StirlingArcher

I'm guessing that a concept of a total rebuild is not worth explaining to you...

Plenty of other clubs in this division have signed the same amount of players as us, and are thriving? Yet we're struggling? Cooks had more than enough time, from last season to this and it's clearly not working for him...
You do realise that the gentlemen.... on 11:15 - Sep 17 with 1212 viewsBloots

...we have recruited to play football for us do have some experience of playing football, don't you?

They aren't random blokes off the street that are being asked to "try something new" on a Saturday afternoon.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

random blokes off the street on 11:28 - Sep 17 with 1177 viewsKeno

You do realise that the gentlemen.... on 11:15 - Sep 17 by Bloots

...we have recruited to play football for us do have some experience of playing football, don't you?

They aren't random blokes off the street that are being asked to "try something new" on a Saturday afternoon.

wasn't that Jewels recruitment policy?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

You do realise that the gentlemen.... on 12:38 - Sep 17 with 1092 viewsKeaneish

You do realise that the gentlemen.... on 11:15 - Sep 17 by Bloots

…they are being asked to try something new on a Saturday afternoon.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Key phrases from this mornings interview on 12:40 - Sep 17 with 1085 viewsMaySixth

Thanks for not speaking on my behalf.

I am glad I don't fall into one of your camps.

I don't think we bottled it last season.
I haven't been clapping the project this season.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Key phrases from this mornings interview on 12:48 - Sep 17 with 1069 viewsSwansea_Blue

I'm a bit surprised we're only hearing words like hungar, desire, belief. That's only part of the answer. They can believe all they want, but if they're not set up properly that belief means nothing (it just turns into delusion).

Maybe he's right (and he's far more likely to know than me!). Maybe we are just missing that belief and confidence. The problems look a bit more structural to me though.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Key phrases from this mornings interview on 12:59 - Sep 17 with 1034 viewsjayessess

Key phrases from this mornings interview on 12:48 - Sep 17 by Swansea_Blue

I'm a bit surprised we're only hearing words like hungar, desire, belief. That's only part of the answer. They can believe all they want, but if they're not set up properly that belief means nothing (it just turns into delusion).

Maybe he's right (and he's far more likely to know than me!). Maybe we are just missing that belief and confidence. The problems look a bit more structural to me though.

to be fair, if he has identified other stuff - specific players who aren't on top of their roles or tactical adjustments we require - he wouldn't necessarily want to talk about that publicly. We need to try harder may just be serving as a generic placeholder.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Login to get fewer ads

Key phrases from this mornings interview on 13:03 - Sep 17 with 1023 viewsIllinoisblue

Use of ‘happy clapper’ up there with ‘snowflake’ as a clear indication you have nothing worthwhile to say

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

You do realise that the gentlemen.... on 17:08 - Sep 17 with 842 viewsBlueBadger

You do realise that the gentlemen.... on 12:38 - Sep 17 by Keaneish

…they are being asked to try something new on a Saturday afternoon.

Play football for a manager that a lot of them have played for before?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Key phrases from this mornings interview on 17:33 - Sep 17 with 796 viewsOldboy

They are meant to be professional footballers. I guess there is no point trying to explain the concept of that to you.
Key phrases from this mornings interview on 17:36 - Sep 17 with 787 viewsBlueBadger

Key phrases from this mornings interview on 13:03 - Sep 17 by Illinoisblue

Use of ‘happy clapper’ up there with ‘snowflake’ as a clear indication you have nothing worthwhile to say

Agreed, although, it took all I had to prevent myself from using it when we were being applauded to spineless relegation!
[Post edited 17 Sep 2021 17:58]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Key phrases from this mornings interview on 18:52 - Sep 17 with 697 viewsHARRY10

"making excuses week in & week out, there seems to be a minority who will continue to happy clap the project"

I suspect the alternative is a little too bleak to face at the moment, ie the squad is not the multi billion pounds League 1 all stars - but a squad of mostly bang average lower league players

The much vaunted recruitment team have delivered us Edwards, Hladky, Chaplin and ..... Barry, yes Barry.

Cook was pretty hapless when managing the previous squad, and does not seem to be doing any better with the new lot. In fact, in terms of points... far worse.

The alternative is to accept there will be no project 'pss the league', and certainly no title or even an automatic place. As it stands, we will need a massive turn around to be challenging for a play off place by next Spring.

The squad have been training and playing together for weeks now. The 'confidence' bollox is just that, bollox. A case can be made for mental strength, whereby players keep driving themselves forward, no matter what.

If as it seems some of the squad lack this, then what the hell are they doing here ? Did Cook, or the recruitment team not pick up on this before they were signed ?

To paraphrase Chief Investment Officer for the Arizona PSPRS Trust, Mark Steed

"God have a care for our fans, because we certainly don't have"
Key phrases from this mornings interview on 19:33 - Sep 17 with 661 viewsWD19

Key phrases from this mornings interview on 18:52 - Sep 17 by HARRY10

"making excuses week in & week out, there seems to be a minority who will continue to happy clap the project"

I suspect the alternative is a little too bleak to face at the moment, ie the squad is not the multi billion pounds League 1 all stars - but a squad of mostly bang average lower league players

The much vaunted recruitment team have delivered us Edwards, Hladky, Chaplin and ..... Barry, yes Barry.

Cook was pretty hapless when managing the previous squad, and does not seem to be doing any better with the new lot. In fact, in terms of points... far worse.

The alternative is to accept there will be no project 'pss the league', and certainly no title or even an automatic place. As it stands, we will need a massive turn around to be challenging for a play off place by next Spring.

The squad have been training and playing together for weeks now. The 'confidence' bollox is just that, bollox. A case can be made for mental strength, whereby players keep driving themselves forward, no matter what.

If as it seems some of the squad lack this, then what the hell are they doing here ? Did Cook, or the recruitment team not pick up on this before they were signed ?

To paraphrase Chief Investment Officer for the Arizona PSPRS Trust, Mark Steed

"God have a care for our fans, because we certainly don't have"

Properly weird to dig out Edwards there. Probably the best raw talent we have had at the club in a decade.

….and the ‘bang average lower league players’ comment doesn’t hold much water either.
Key phrases from this mornings interview on 19:54 - Sep 17 with 628 viewsHARRY10

Key phrases from this mornings interview on 19:33 - Sep 17 by WD19

Properly weird to dig out Edwards there. Probably the best raw talent we have had at the club in a decade.

….and the ‘bang average lower league players’ comment doesn’t hold much water either.

whereas the way below bang average results, performances and league position do
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024