Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I’m very excited! 18:24 - Sep 17 with 939 viewsVic

I’ve just seen my very first red squirrel in the wild - about 2 metres away from me!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

I’m very excited! on 18:29 - Sep 17 with 914 viewsPlums

Was it in one of the protected areas?

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

I’m very excited! on 18:33 - Sep 17 with 905 viewsRyorry

Wow - definitely exciting, logged back in to uppie it!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

I’m very excited! on 18:35 - Sep 17 with 896 viewsVic

I’m very excited! on 18:29 - Sep 17 by Plums

Was it in one of the protected areas?

No - but I am in Scotland at the moment! We we driving along one of the tiny roads beside a loch and I’d literally only just said to my missus that I’d love to see a red squirrel. We turned a corner and it ran across the road in front of us. I stopped the car and reversed to beside the tree I saw it go up, stopped the engine and a couple of minutes later the little chap ran down the trunk beside me, lifted his head as if to say hello and then hopped away to bury his nut!

Magical!

I’m very excited! on 18:59 - Sep 17 with 854 viewsWeWereZombies

I’m very excited! on 18:35 - Sep 17 by Vic

No - but I am in Scotland at the moment! We we driving along one of the tiny roads beside a loch and I’d literally only just said to my missus that I’d love to see a red squirrel. We turned a corner and it ran across the road in front of us. I stopped the car and reversed to beside the tree I saw it go up, stopped the engine and a couple of minutes later the little chap ran down the trunk beside me, lifted his head as if to say hello and then hopped away to bury his nut!

Magical!

Loch Garten?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

I’m very excited! on 19:03 - Sep 17 with 846 viewsVic

I’m very excited! on 18:59 - Sep 17 by WeWereZombies

Loch Garten?

Loch Earn

I’m very excited! on 19:08 - Sep 17 with 837 viewsleitrimblue

I'm lucky enough to see um once or twice a week around my garden at the moment
I’m very excited! on 19:40 - Sep 17 with 775 viewsBudapestByBlimp

Magical!

Great to hear. If you get time it may be worth reporting it on here:

https://scottishsquirrels.org.uk/squirrel-sightings/
I’m very excited! on 21:04 - Sep 17 with 669 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Magical!

Am I the only one who read this and imagined Vic reversing the car over said squirrel?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

I’m very excited! on 21:42 - Sep 17 with 642 viewsCoastalblue

I’m very excited! on 21:04 - Sep 17 by Nthsuffolkblue

Am I the only one who read this and imagined Vic reversing the car over said squirrel?

No, you're not.

Ive been lucky enough to see them in Scotland, but the last one I saw was on Mersea Island, so not too far from Suffolk.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

I’m very excited! on 22:58 - Sep 17 with 599 viewsghostofescobar

Last one I saw in Suffolk was in the early 80’s. The very last one I saw was in Sweden, whilst on a peaceful walk in the Stockholm archipelago’s. Lovely animals.

GhostOfEscobar

I’m very excited! on 22:59 - Sep 17 with 599 viewsBasingstokeBlue

“2 metres”?

Sorry, but we’re returning to “proper money” units, now.

You probably mean 6’ 6” or something close to that.

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

I’m very excited! on 23:03 - Sep 17 with 592 viewsGodzilla

A few red squirrels coming back round our way too. Still like seeing the grey imposters too, but most of my recent sighting are mainly of the squashed variety. Who the hell thought of the Tufty Club, they have no road sense at all.
I’m very excited! on 23:12 - Sep 17 with 575 viewsKingsCrossBlue

I’m very jealous, I’d love to see a red squirrel.

We’ve just moved from central London to rural Buckinghamshire, and we have about 5 or 6 red kites constantly circling the screeching. They are beautiful creatures.
I’m very excited! on 23:25 - Sep 17 with 567 viewsVic

I’m very excited! on 19:40 - Sep 17 by BudapestByBlimp

Great to hear. If you get time it may be worth reporting it on here:

https://scottishsquirrels.org.uk/squirrel-sightings/

Done! Pleased to say that the database suggests no others had been seen in that location. Makes me even happier!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024