Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Derby latest..... 20:10 - Sep 17 with 5193 viewsBloots

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Derby latest..... on 20:31 - Sep 17 with 3091 viewsStenvict

Lump on them to finish bottom

Poll: What will be announced first?

Derby latest..... on 20:36 - Sep 17 with 3074 viewsgtsb1966

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2021/09/derby-county-board-of-directors-statement-17
Derby latest..... on 20:42 - Sep 17 with 3005 viewsIllinoisblue

Derby latest..... on 20:36 - Sep 17 by gtsb1966

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2021/09/derby-county-board-of-directors-statement-17

Heck of a statement that, blaming it all on Covid and the EFL.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Derby latest..... on 20:48 - Sep 17 with 2947 viewsFixed_It

Derby latest..... on 20:42 - Sep 17 by Illinoisblue

Yep. Absolutely nothing to do with them chucking money at promotion year after year - and failing!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Derby latest..... on 20:49 - Sep 17 with 2939 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Without that pesky Covid we could have relied on a buyer to bail us out!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Derby latest..... on 20:50 - Sep 17 with 2926 viewsIllinoisblue

Derby latest..... on 20:48 - Sep 17 by Fixed_It

Yep. Absolutely nothing to do with them chucking money at promotion year after year - and failing!

The statement’s got bigger balls than that bloke in Trinidad

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Derby latest..... on 21:01 - Sep 17 with 2841 viewsElderGrizzly

They should ask Mel where the money has gone to start.

They’ve been caught out and they are using admin to try and avoid the last liabilities they had

This puts it well

[Post edited 17 Sep 2021 21:03]
Derby latest..... on 21:06 - Sep 17 with 2788 viewsElderGrizzly

Derby latest..... on 20:50 - Sep 17 by Illinoisblue

The statement’s got bigger balls than that bloke in Trinidad

Matt Slater reporting the penalty could be -21pts plus embargo will stay for at least 12 months
Login to get fewer ads

Derby latest..... on 21:13 - Sep 17 with 2707 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Derby latest..... on 21:06 - Sep 17 by ElderGrizzly

Matt Slater reporting the penalty could be -21pts plus embargo will stay for at least 12 months

I think could and should but also won't.

The 9 points was in negotiation wasn't it?

Derby latest..... on 21:20 - Sep 17 with 2661 viewsLord_Lucan

Does everyone hate Derby? I forget.

The whole East Midlands thing is a nonentity to me, I care little. Hooever - I used to like Forest of late as they are similar to us, they were once brilliant and now sh1t.

I'm also warming to Leicester, probably because it's a very good business town for us, also our online sales manager bod lives in Leicester. Here's a thing, he was on our stand at a trade exhibition last week and we got chit chatting about Luton as we were both born there. He is Indian and apparently he was at school with Tommy Robinson Yaxley Lennon, he says that Yaxley was one of the main face drug runners back in the day and used to chill with the Asians all the time. He reckons he is extremely switched on and doing the Union Jack stuff just for money

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Derby latest..... on 21:25 - Sep 17 with 2586 viewsBluefish

Derby latest..... on 21:20 - Sep 17 by Lord_Lucan

The whole East Midlands thing is a nonentity to me, I care little. Hooever - I used to like Forest of late as they are similar to us, they were once brilliant and now sh1t.

I'm also warming to Leicester, probably because it's a very good business town for us, also our online sales manager bod lives in Leicester. Here's a thing, he was on our stand at a trade exhibition last week and we got chit chatting about Luton as we were both born there. He is Indian and apparently he was at school with Tommy Robinson Yaxley Lennon, he says that Yaxley was one of the main face drug runners back in the day and used to chill with the Asians all the time. He reckons he is extremely switched on and doing the Union Jack stuff just for money

Surely no one needed any def info to know any of that?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Derby latest..... on 21:26 - Sep 17 with 2574 viewsLord_Lucan

Derby latest..... on 21:25 - Sep 17 by Bluefish

Surely no one needed any def info to know any of that?

What, about Derby?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Derby latest..... on 21:27 - Sep 17 with 2583 viewsSwansea_Blue

Covid’s a very clever virus. It knows how to distinguish between people we know and strangers, it selectively targets countries to produce driver shortages, and now it apparently targets football clubs who’ve tried to raise income by massively overvaluing the sale of their ground to already involved parties. A very sneaky little virus indeed.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Derby latest..... on 21:30 - Sep 17 with 2533 viewsElderGrizzly

Derby latest..... on 21:13 - Sep 17 by Nthsuffolkblue

I think could and should but also won't.

The 9 points was in negotiation wasn't it?

It was. The EFL were going to do 12 anyway, but Derby got 3 suspended until next season. That was the negotiation apparently.
Derby latest..... on 21:30 - Sep 17 with 2527 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Derby latest..... on 21:20 - Sep 17 by Lord_Lucan

I used to dislike Forest because I didn't like Clough (excellent manager but too arrogant and outspoken). I always liked Leicester - links with ex-players there helped to reinforce that. While Bent was with Derby I liked them. Before that I was ambivalent. Since it has been the whole buy your way to promotion that I have disliked about them. Their failure for that to succeed has been nice for me.

There was also a spell where Leicester were not so popular in my book as they used administration as a complete reset in a way we were never able to do.

There is another side in there too. I watched Notts County a few times and the lack of fan support for them made it an odd experience. One match we lost comfortably at the end of a season we had nothing left to play for and they needed the win for the play-offs. Their fans were quiet the whole match while the around 50 of us did all the singing there was.

Derby latest..... on 21:39 - Sep 17 with 2449 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Derby latest..... on 21:30 - Sep 17 by ElderGrizzly

It was. The EFL were going to do 12 anyway, but Derby got 3 suspended until next season. That was the negotiation apparently.

So, if that was a suspended penalty, does administration trigger the terms of the suspension and bring in a further 12 points?

Is there an argument they should receive a 24 point penalty? Or 12 points this season and a further 12 next?

Derby latest..... on 21:41 - Sep 17 with 2436 viewsLord_Lucan

Derby latest..... on 21:30 - Sep 17 by Nthsuffolkblue

I used to dislike Forest because I didn't like Clough (excellent manager but too arrogant and outspoken). I always liked Leicester - links with ex-players there helped to reinforce that. While Bent was with Derby I liked them. Before that I was ambivalent. Since it has been the whole buy your way to promotion that I have disliked about them. Their failure for that to succeed has been nice for me.

There was also a spell where Leicester were not so popular in my book as they used administration as a complete reset in a way we were never able to do.

There is another side in there too. I watched Notts County a few times and the lack of fan support for them made it an odd experience. One match we lost comfortably at the end of a season we had nothing left to play for and they needed the win for the play-offs. Their fans were quiet the whole match while the around 50 of us did all the singing there was.

I've never liked County since we beat them 5 - 0 away back in the early 80's (might have been 5 - 1, can't remember) but I won't go into that.

Forest were one of our biggest rivals when we were good so we naturally didn't like them and I couldn't stand Burns or O'Neill - but I loved Clough and Francis. How can you not like Clough? Impossible!

Leicester are just one of those nothing teams, well they were anyway. How times change. I'm trying to think of one of their players who wore white tights when playing against us but my memory is shot - I am pretty sure he was their captain.

Derby latest..... on 21:42 - Sep 17 with 2426 viewsEastTownBlue

The EFL have said that they are "disappointed" with the comments ...

https://www.efl.com/news/2021/september/efl-statement-derby-county2
Derby latest..... on 21:43 - Sep 17 with 2410 viewsFixed_It

My Forest mate is celebrating that they're not bottom any more!!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Derby latest..... on 21:44 - Sep 17 with 2409 viewsWeWereZombies

BBC reporting it now:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58604851

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Derby latest..... on 22:01 - Sep 17 with 2221 viewsHorseboy

Derby latest..... on 21:42 - Sep 17 by EastTownBlue

The EFL have said that they are "disappointed" with the comments ...

https://www.efl.com/news/2021/september/efl-statement-derby-county2

Disappointed in the lending comments, all Championship clubs received 8.3m during covid bar Derby, odd one?
Derby latest..... on 22:03 - Sep 17 with 2202 viewsElderGrizzly

Derby latest..... on 21:39 - Sep 17 by Nthsuffolkblue

So, if that was a suspended penalty, does administration trigger the terms of the suspension and bring in a further 12 points?

Is there an argument they should receive a 24 point penalty? Or 12 points this season and a further 12 next?

21 this, 3 next
Derby latest..... on 22:04 - Sep 17 with 2202 viewsElderGrizzly

Derby latest..... on 22:01 - Sep 17 by Horseboy

Disappointed in the lending comments, all Championship clubs received 8.3m during covid bar Derby, odd one?

Because they owed money to others and had broken rules. You don’t hand over £8.3m in that case
Derby latest..... on 22:06 - Sep 17 with 2176 viewsHorseboy

Derby latest..... on 22:04 - Sep 17 by ElderGrizzly

Because they owed money to others and had broken rules. You don’t hand over £8.3m in that case

All clubs owed money due to income falling off a cliff, they hadn't been found guilty of anything yet?
Derby latest..... on 22:14 - Sep 17 with 2101 viewsElderGrizzly

Derby latest..... on 22:06 - Sep 17 by Horseboy

All clubs owed money due to income falling off a cliff, they hadn't been found guilty of anything yet?

The EFL explain why and they had been found guilty. They appealed

Their financial situation and breaking of rules was pre-Covid too.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024