Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Janoi Donacien MOTM 17:12 - Sep 18 with 2073 viewsMach_foreignBlue

He was excellent. 10/10. His best ever performance for Town

Grsat to see Mark Ashton getting mad after the game and celebrating with the fans.
Janoi Donacien MOTM on 17:26 - Sep 18 with 1981 viewsstiff_talking

Definitely one of his better games

Burgess’s was very good also

Carroll made a big difference in the middle. Controlled games tempo and passes forward
Janoi Donacien MOTM on 17:30 - Sep 18 with 1937 viewsVic

Janoi Donacien MOTM on 17:26 - Sep 18 by stiff_talking

Definitely one of his better games

Burgess’s was very good also

Carroll made a big difference in the middle. Controlled games tempo and passes forward

Janoi improving. Edmundson improving. Burgess settled. Coulson settled. Defense is coming on nicely.

Bit by bit ...

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Janoi Donacien MOTM on 17:43 - Sep 18 with 1849 viewssw20tractor

Agree with that. I thought we looked much more solid today. At 0-0 Mathie was saying we needed to push further up. Think that’s been one of our problems so far this season. Thought Cook got it spot on today, especially first half.
Janoi Donacien MOTM on 18:38 - Sep 18 with 1615 viewsSouperJim

I think that's a bit strong, he had a decent game overall. He got beat 3 times in the first 10 minutes which had me pretty worried, but did well from then on. I am a fan of Donacien though, he's pretty solid overall and is quite versatile.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Janoi Donacien MOTM on 18:49 - Sep 18 with 1530 viewsPlums

He did well. He and Burns were my stand outs today. The latter was a handful for their defence all afternoon.
Didn’t know what to make of Ashton’s antics, a bit bizarre.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Janoi Donacien MOTM on 18:55 - Sep 18 with 1487 viewsunstableblue

Janoi Donacien MOTM on 18:49 - Sep 18 by Plums

He did well. He and Burns were my stand outs today. The latter was a handful for their defence all afternoon.

Did you hear Burns pre-match?

Another great interview.

What really struck me was how level headed he was.. but critically he is carrying tendonitis currently and I'd say is playing and training at 75%

So great that like Bolton he's a top performer

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Janoi Donacien MOTM on 18:55 - Sep 18 with 1482 viewsParisBlue

This is his fourth season. Today was just his 23rd league start, plus another 5 as a sub.

In his first season he started 9 of the first 10 games. In his second season he started the first 4 games before KVY signed.

He's had a very bizarre itfc career but I don't think he's ever let is down.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

What did Ashton do? and why is he on the pitch? on 18:57 - Sep 18 with 1474 viewsunstableblue

Janoi Donacien MOTM on 18:49 - Sep 18 by Plums

From a Chris Wilder interview earlier the manager should manage up to the likes of Ashton, down to the players, and sideways to the fans..... is sticking a CEO into the mix a good idea?

But at least Asthon is showing some passion - he must be frickin relieved!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Login to get fewer ads

Janoi Donacien MOTM on 19:55 - Sep 18 with 1287 viewsmattrolow

Couldn’t agree more. Scully is the biggest threat Lincoln have and Donacien had him all day long and kept him quiet.

Thought Carroll was very good first half, pulled the strings in the middle.

Celina and Bonne partnership looked promising first half, Bonne always looks such a threat. Faded second half but that’s just the way the game went.

Really good first half performance and dug in brilliant second half. Burgess having to go left back was a blow because that looks like a brilliant centre back partnership.

Lots of promising signs.
Big three points and some really positive signs.
Janoi Donacien MOTM on 20:52 - Sep 18 with 1139 viewsFixed_It

He didn't put a foot wrong. But then he rarely does. Very underrated.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Janoi Donacien MOTM on 21:38 - Sep 18 with 1024 viewsGlasgowBlue

Janoi Donacien MOTM on 20:52 - Sep 18 by Fixed_It

He didn't put a foot wrong. But then he rarely does. Very underrated.

It's a shame that he's not a Paul Cook type of player. Cook likes his full backs to have pace and an attacking threat.

It wasn't a massive issue when Coulson was providing a threat down the left. But once Burges went to left back we barely got out of our half.

For that reason I think that JD will have limited opportunities.

Despite all of that, he was immense today and has been a consistently good every time PC has called on him.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Janoi Donacien MOTM on 22:31 - Sep 18 with 906 viewsMelford

Janoi Donacien MOTM on 21:38 - Sep 18 by GlasgowBlue

It's a shame that he's not a Paul Cook type of player. Cook likes his full backs to have pace and an attacking threat.

It wasn't a massive issue when Coulson was providing a threat down the left. But once Burges went to left back we barely got out of our half.

For that reason I think that JD will have limited opportunities.

Despite all of that, he was immense today and has been a consistently good every time PC has called on him.

I think he's always been decent here, never understood why Lambert froze him out.

I think he'll have a role to play with a Cook side, he's versatile and is a proper defender first. If there's a tricky winger who needs looking after, he'll play like he did today.

There will be some games and situations when bombing on down the flanks will be a risky move and his solidity will be an asset.

Plus if Coulson and Celina are ripping it up on the left and that becomes our main attacking threat it makes sense to keep the right side more solid.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Janoi Donacien MOTM on 23:10 - Sep 18 with 828 viewsDarth_Koont

He was very good today.

I think his real strength is he’s always been a 6/10 player at worst when I’ve seen him. That’s why he’d be one of the first on the team sheet when we’re currently trying to build a CB partnership, sort out the midfield balance and get our attack firing.

Think it will also do KVY a lot of good to wait and challenge for a place in a team that’s hopefully going to be firing on all cylinders.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024