Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Cook in-out debate. 09:30 - Sep 19 with 650 viewsOldboy

Obviously we are all delighted with yesterday's win. Played as a team and think it will only get better from here. Those who were questioning Cook (of which I was 1) were justified in doing so. This squad is up with the best in the league and should be winning football matches. I am not sure about the gelling, bedding in argument, but I can see the reasons why some do.
I think 4 of our next 5 league games are winnable, which would see us top 10 at worse. To early to say the tables have turned, but yesterday was very encouraging.
Very easy when losing to call for the managers head and very easy to claim to be right after a win. Let's just all just give it another 5 games and see where we are. The one upmanship on here is a bit tiresome.
The Cook in-out debate. on 09:41 - Sep 19 with 601 viewsjayessess

Which one of the 5 isn't winnable?

Think there's every opportunity to turn things round from here. Wednesday have no win in 3 and can't score, then we get to shuffle in the best defensive midfielder in the league and play 4 teams of very modest means.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

The Cook in-out debate. on 09:53 - Sep 19 with 554 viewsOldboy

The Cook in-out debate. on 09:41 - Sep 19 by jayessess

Which one of the 5 isn't winnable?

Think there's every opportunity to turn things round from here. Wednesday have no win in 3 and can't score, then we get to shuffle in the best defensive midfielder in the league and play 4 teams of very modest means.

Sheffield Wednesday are arguably one of the biggest sides in the league. Think they will be there or thereabouts come the shakeup. Draw against them wouldn't be a bad result. The next 4 should be wins with Portsmouth away the next tricky one. I think 4 wins from our next 6 games is doable. If we are going to be serious contenders, then that should be our aim.
The Cook in-out debate. on 10:42 - Sep 19 with 467 viewsITFCBlues

The Cook in-out debate. on 09:53 - Sep 19 by Oldboy

Sheffield Wednesday are arguably one of the biggest sides in the league. Think they will be there or thereabouts come the shakeup. Draw against them wouldn't be a bad result. The next 4 should be wins with Portsmouth away the next tricky one. I think 4 wins from our next 6 games is doable. If we are going to be serious contenders, then that should be our aim.

Sheff Wed remind me of us the last couple of seasons. Won a few early games but ultimately, they're not playing well and were fortunate.

Hopefully we can kick on from here now. For people to be throwing their toys outta the pram after 6 games Was a bit much.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

The Cook in-out debate. on 11:10 - Sep 19 with 445 viewsBlueBadger

All of the next five are 'winnable'. The quality in this division is terrible. I just hope that yesterday cleared a mental block and it all starts to come together now.

Ham>Lam
Poll: Which ITFC manager has received the most undeserved love?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The Cook in-out debate. on 11:17 - Sep 19 with 423 viewsjayessess

The Cook in-out debate. on 09:53 - Sep 19 by Oldboy

It's a home game against a team in 12th who lost their last 2 away games and just drew at home to arguably the worst team in the league, of course it's winnable.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

The Cook in-out debate. on 11:56 - Sep 19 with 377 viewsChrisd

Plenty of reason to question PC on the back of the last campaign (although personally that was something I was trying to avoid for the simple fact that squad weren't his players) and the way we have starter this season. Although it was a very welcome 3 points yesterday, there's still plenty that still needs doing. Nevertheless, we have to start somewhere and after an extremely tough and emotional week for our manager hopefully this is the beginning of a positive set of results which then puts the doubters' minds firmly at rest. Sheffield Wednesday next at PR, feel it's a good time to play them too.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

The Cook in-out debate. on 13:49 - Sep 19 with 282 viewsHighgateBlue

Yes totally agreed. The win was needed and welcome. He needs to be given those five games. Let's hope we win a few of them and this debate need not arise again. I won't add to the above - we won, and there should be nothing but positivity today.

Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2021