Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Their disallowed goal… 10:31 - Sep 19 with 2060 viewsKeaneish

…tight call but we have to defend that better. When Evans saw the danger but lost the tackle, we were a bit stretched in the middle and despite regrouping, we allowed them to much time to get that ball in the box. Coulson has to defend that better too.

Bit of work to be done getting the wide players to tuck in when we don’t have the ball still.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Their disallowed goal… on 10:43 - Sep 19 with 1993 viewsFreddies_Ears

Not even a tight call, it was a shocker of a decision. But I think we deserved it.
Their disallowed goal… on 10:45 - Sep 19 with 1985 viewsstrikalite

On the other hand it was a quality cross and a quality finish, I need to watch it again to see where Coulson is positioned, think we got away with one there though, a tad offside but could have easily been given, especially for the home side..

A lot of luck in this game, I don't care what anyone says..
Their disallowed goal… on 11:23 - Sep 19 with 1896 viewsjayessess

Their disallowed goal… on 10:43 - Sep 19 by Freddies_Ears

Not even a tight call, it was a shocker of a decision. But I think we deserved it.

It certainly is tight. Poole looks level when it's struck and Burgess is stepping forward. Think you'd get that given offside more often that not.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Their disallowed goal… on 11:33 - Sep 19 with 1851 viewsPhilTWTD

Their disallowed goal… on 11:23 - Sep 19 by jayessess

It certainly is tight. Poole looks level when it's struck and Burgess is stepping forward. Think you'd get that given offside more often that not.

Looks fairly clearly onside to me having looked back at it. Had he not picked up his injury Coulson may well have tracked him, of course.
Their disallowed goal… on 11:37 - Sep 19 with 1826 viewsITFCBlues

Their disallowed goal… on 11:33 - Sep 19 by PhilTWTD

Looks fairly clearly onside to me having looked back at it. Had he not picked up his injury Coulson may well have tracked him, of course.

What's your views on the foul for our goal?

The more I watch it, the more I just think the CB is weak and just not done his job.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Their disallowed goal… on 11:39 - Sep 19 with 1819 viewsPhilTWTD

Their disallowed goal… on 11:37 - Sep 19 by ITFCBlues

What's your views on the foul for our goal?

The more I watch it, the more I just think the CB is weak and just not done his job.

My initial thought was that it was a foul, but I agree that the centre-half was weak or made a lot of it. I would guess that more times than not it would have been disallowed.
Their disallowed goal… on 11:47 - Sep 19 with 1771 viewsSuffolktractor

Their disallowed goal… on 11:39 - Sep 19 by PhilTWTD

My initial thought was that it was a foul, but I agree that the centre-half was weak or made a lot of it. I would guess that more times than not it would have been disallowed.

Bonne attacked the ball hard. Their CB knew he couldn’t do anything about the cross so basically put himself in the way of Bonne in the hope he would get the decision. I thought the ref read it well as so often that would have been disallowed. A great centre forwards goal.
Their disallowed goal… on 12:07 - Sep 19 with 1700 viewsjayessess

Their disallowed goal… on 11:33 - Sep 19 by PhilTWTD

Just before it's struck, with Burgess stepping forward and Poole running through. To my eye, Poole's shoulder is level with the same line Burgess is standing on.

Given the directions people are moving in and how ref assistants tend to favour defenders more than VAR, I think you'd get this one chalked off more often than not.

Login to get fewer ads

Their disallowed goal… on 13:30 - Sep 19 with 1545 viewsKeaneish

Their disallowed goal… on 12:07 - Sep 19 by jayessess

Just before it's struck, with Burgess stepping forward and Poole running through. To my eye, Poole's shoulder is level with the same line Burgess is standing on.

Given the directions people are moving in and how ref assistants tend to favour defenders more than VAR, I think you'd get this one chalked off more often than not.

I don’t like Burns’ position here. I know the double up worked effectively but when that ball gets laid back I’d like him to have followed it to get Scully’s head down sooner making the cross more difficult. Excellent delivery but some fine tuning to be done.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Their disallowed goal… on 14:01 - Sep 19 with 1477 viewsBonchosBicycle

I think we got away with both a bit. The offside's tight but he looked level at worst to me. And I think Bonne definitely gives the defender a little shove in the back as he drives in. I'll not complain though - we deserve a little luck and these sort of things even up over the season usually anyway.

Actually thought the ref was pretty decent overall and kept the game moving. Wasn't buying every contact as a foul which seemed to catch a few by surprise at various times on both sides.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2021 14:03]
Their disallowed goal… on 14:12 - Sep 19 with 1450 viewsRamRob

Their disallowed goal… on 12:07 - Sep 19 by jayessess

I think the fact the Lincoln player has not struck the ball yet in that freeze frame would indicate the scorer was offside as he is on the move, only takes a few milliseconds for him to go from level to offside
[Post edited 19 Sep 2021 14:13]

Poll: What should be the music when opposition score?

Their disallowed goal… on 14:41 - Sep 19 with 1367 viewsBonchosBicycle

Their disallowed goal… on 14:12 - Sep 19 by RamRob

I think the fact the Lincoln player has not struck the ball yet in that freeze frame would indicate the scorer was offside as he is on the move, only takes a few milliseconds for him to go from level to offside
[Post edited 19 Sep 2021 14:13]

I'd say that looks closer to the moment of contact and I'd still say he's just onside but it's a game of fine margins isn't it?

Apologies that I can't seem to embed the image.

Edit....figured it out!
[Post edited 19 Sep 2021 14:44]
Their disallowed goal… on 14:47 - Sep 19 with 1333 viewsPhilTWTD

Their disallowed goal… on 14:41 - Sep 19 by BonchosBicycle

I'd say that looks closer to the moment of contact and I'd still say he's just onside but it's a game of fine margins isn't it?

Edit....figured it out!

I think you're right, although it's closer than I thought when I was looking at it earlier.
Their disallowed goal… on 15:37 - Sep 19 with 1192 viewsjayessess

Their disallowed goal… on 14:41 - Sep 19 by BonchosBicycle

Edit....figured it out!

It would be a shoulder vs. toes job on the VAR I reckon and statistically defenders get more leeway from non-video refs.

Their disallowed goal… on 15:43 - Sep 19 with 1178 viewsacj

Their disallowed goal… on 13:30 - Sep 19 by Keaneish

I don’t like Burns’ position here. I know the double up worked effectively but when that ball gets laid back I’d like him to have followed it to get Scully’s head down sooner making the cross more difficult. Excellent delivery but some fine tuning to be done.

That’s not his man - Burns was getting back there well all game, doubling up on Scully and Bramall with Donacien and as you say, it was effective. For this move the ball was pulled back to Fiorini, and it’s him that put the cross in. Thought Fiorini looked pretty dangerous throughout the game to be fair, wasn’t surprised he got their man of the match award.

Poll: Will Town score again this season?

Their disallowed goal… on 19:14 - Sep 19 with 937 viewsbluejacko

Do we really care🙄
Their disallowed goal… on 19:56 - Sep 19 with 862 viewsVic

Since 1876 these sorts of decisions have gone both ways. Sometimes you get them, sometimes you don’t. Most t8m3s the ref and Lino get it right, occasionally they don’t. It’s part of the game and cameras have taken away part of the vagaries of the game. Here we are discussing cm’s in milliseconds of a game.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Their disallowed goal… on 10:30 - Sep 20 with 565 viewsWickets

Their disallowed goal… on 11:39 - Sep 19 by PhilTWTD

Yes my first thought was that a foul would be given but looking at it now and considering the new instruction to Ref's regarding allowing more contact i feel the Ref got it right . I do know i would be really annoyed if my defender got knocked off the ball so easy .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024