Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Team for Sheffield Wednesday 12:12 - Sep 19 with 1022 viewsquad

Hladky

Donacien Edmundson Burgess Coulson

Evans Carroll

Burns Celina Edwards

Bonne

If Coulson injured swap for Penney, if Edwards injured swap for Fraser. Hladky should keep his place regardless of whether Walton is fit or not.
Team for Sheffield Wednesday on 12:30 - Sep 19 with 924 viewsOldboy

Don't think many would argue with that.
Team for Sheffield Wednesday on 12:34 - Sep 19 with 903 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Fitness permitting, I would be happy to see an unchanged starting line-up.

Have we heard that Coulson is okay?

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Team for Sheffield Wednesday on 12:35 - Sep 19 with 896 viewsITFCBlues

I wouldn't drop Fraser for Edwards after a win. Only change I'd make is Penney for Coulson who I suspect will be missing.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Team for Sheffield Wednesday on 12:36 - Sep 19 with 888 viewsquad

Team for Sheffield Wednesday on 12:30 - Sep 19 by Oldboy

Don't think many would argue with that.

After this game Morsy would come in for Evans and Walton would come straight back in as soon as Hladky has a poor game. And this would be Cook's first choice eleven do we think?
Team for Sheffield Wednesday on 12:37 - Sep 19 with 886 viewsRomeo4

Looks about right to me. Although I’d probably play Fraser and leave one of Celina or Edwards on bench as an impact sub. Fraser is important in terms of ability to keep the ball and quality of delivery.

Agree that Hladky should keep possession of his place.
Team for Sheffield Wednesday on 12:50 - Sep 19 with 834 viewsquad

Team for Sheffield Wednesday on 12:37 - Sep 19 by Romeo4

Looks about right to me. Although I’d probably play Fraser and leave one of Celina or Edwards on bench as an impact sub. Fraser is important in terms of ability to keep the ball and quality of delivery.

Agree that Hladky should keep possession of his place.

Interesting. I do like the look of Fraser from what I've seen of him. Did he look fit yesterday? Maybe Celina and Edwards together is a bit too gung ho.
Team for Sheffield Wednesday on 12:56 - Sep 19 with 804 viewsOldboy

Team for Sheffield Wednesday on 12:50 - Sep 19 by quad

Interesting. I do like the look of Fraser from what I've seen of him. Did he look fit yesterday? Maybe Celina and Edwards together is a bit too gung ho.

I thought Fraser was decent yesterday, although some disagree. I miss read the Op. Thought he included Fraser not Edwards. I would start same X1 as yesterday, if Coulston is fit.
Team for Sheffield Wednesday on 13:02 - Sep 19 with 790 viewsChrisd

Think the question was put out there yesterday about who should start in goal next week? Initially, I thought I'd start Walton, however I've had a night's sleep on it and Hladky came in yesterday and had a very decent game, he deserves the opportunity to continue. Can't disagree with your line up Quad. Also, I'm not JD's biggest fan, but credit to him, he had a good game yesterday at Lincoln. You've got to admire his attitude, he's had countless things go against him here for various reasons, but he keeps coming back without any fuss or negativity.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2021 13:10]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Login to get fewer ads

Team for Sheffield Wednesday on 13:27 - Sep 19 with 707 viewsDarth_Koont

Fitness/injuries looks to be an issue for Fraser, Celina and Edwards.

So expecting something more like Celina, Chaplin and Burns. Maybe even Aluko, Chaplin and Burns.

Pronouns: He/Him

Team for Sheffield Wednesday on 13:28 - Sep 19 with 700 viewsquad

Team for Sheffield Wednesday on 13:02 - Sep 19 by Chrisd

Think the question was put out there yesterday about who should start in goal next week? Initially, I thought I'd start Walton, however I've had a night's sleep on it and Hladky came in yesterday and had a very decent game, he deserves the opportunity to continue. Can't disagree with your line up Quad. Also, I'm not JD's biggest fan, but credit to him, he had a good game yesterday at Lincoln. You've got to admire his attitude, he's had countless things go against him here for various reasons, but he keeps coming back without any fuss or negativity.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2021 13:10]

The way I see it is Walton hasn't done anything to impress yet. Let's not forget he conceded 5 last week. Hladky kept a clean sheet yesterday so based on that alone he's done enough to keep his place in the team for at least the next game. I've got a hunch that Hladky might come good and keep Walton out of the side, I don't know why I just sense it. I reckon he's a confidence player and yesterday will have given him a lot more confidence.

I didn't see the game yesterday but Donacien was very good by all accounts. KVY was very poor against Bolton. So therefore again it's Donacien's shirt to lose at the moment IMO.
Team for Sheffield Wednesday on 13:41 - Sep 19 with 640 viewsChrisd

Team for Sheffield Wednesday on 13:28 - Sep 19 by quad

The way I see it is Walton hasn't done anything to impress yet. Let's not forget he conceded 5 last week. Hladky kept a clean sheet yesterday so based on that alone he's done enough to keep his place in the team for at least the next game. I've got a hunch that Hladky might come good and keep Walton out of the side, I don't know why I just sense it. I reckon he's a confidence player and yesterday will have given him a lot more confidence.

I didn't see the game yesterday but Donacien was very good by all accounts. KVY was very poor against Bolton. So therefore again it's Donacien's shirt to lose at the moment IMO.

Walton will prove to be our No.1 over time, he's got the pedigree and the game to do it, but I agree I think Hladky deserves to continue next week and if he keeps playing well then he keeps the shirt. We need to remember Walton has not played a lot himself over recent months so he's going to be rusty, he's not going to be full of confidence and the top of his game, but over a few games he will. He might have let 5 goals in last week, but they weren't all down to him.

I agree again about JD, but he needs to follow it up with another good performance and that's where he struggles. If both are fully fit and playing well, KVY is the better player IMO, but JD should start next week against Sheffield Wednesday after his performance yesterday.

It's a game of opinions, but agreeing with you twice Quad you can't ask fairer than that!
[Post edited 19 Sep 2021 13:49]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024