Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Edmundsen and Burgess? 12:29 - Sep 19 with 2209 viewsbobbyramsey

How were they yesterday?
Edmundsen and Burgess? on 12:33 - Sep 19 with 2182 viewsOldboy

Solid enough. Burgess was very good. Won virtually if not all in the air. Eddy will only get better. Makings of a solid partnership. Well protected from the 4 in midfield, which is how it should be.
Edmundsen and Burgess? on 12:44 - Sep 19 with 2127 viewsFixed_It

Pretty solid - won most aerial challenges and put in some good blocks. They will make a good pairing this season.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Edmundsen and Burgess? on 12:52 - Sep 19 with 2070 viewsbobbyramsey

Thanks.
Edmundsen and Burgess? on 16:06 - Sep 19 with 1824 viewsGrumpy_Old_Man

Edmundsen and Burgess? on 12:52 - Sep 19 by bobbyramsey

Thanks.

The way Woolfenden fitted in between them after Coulson's injury suggests 3 at the back could be a consideration at some point.
Edmundsen and Burgess? on 16:11 - Sep 19 with 1791 viewsKeaneish

Edmundsen and Burgess? on 16:06 - Sep 19 by Grumpy_Old_Man

The way Woolfenden fitted in between them after Coulson's injury suggests 3 at the back could be a consideration at some point.

Id like to see that although it’s mean Burns and Coulson become wing-backs but they’re more than capable and it could give us two-up top. It’d be difficult leaving Edwards out though but I’d love to see a Bonne-Norwood or Bonne-Piggot partnership

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Edmundsen and Burgess? on 17:33 - Sep 19 with 1559 viewsYallop

Edmundsen and Burgess? on 16:11 - Sep 19 by Keaneish

Id like to see that although it’s mean Burns and Coulson become wing-backs but they’re more than capable and it could give us two-up top. It’d be difficult leaving Edwards out though but I’d love to see a Bonne-Norwood or Bonne-Piggot partnership

We finally have quality wingers that can do some serious damage. We need to let them do their stuff with full back protection behind them. I don't agree with messing with that in League 1 to fit an extra centre half in.
Edmundsen and Burgess? on 17:41 - Sep 19 with 1534 viewstextbackup

Edmundsen and Burgess? on 16:06 - Sep 19 by Grumpy_Old_Man

wolf went in the middle of the three did he? I hadn't seen how we changed when the injured happened.
as hes pretty laid back the spare man in the middle probably suits him better

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Edmundsen and Burgess? on 17:43 - Sep 19 with 1518 viewsHerbivore

Edmundsen and Burgess? on 17:33 - Sep 19 by Yallop

We finally have quality wingers that can do some serious damage. We need to let them do their stuff with full back protection behind them. I don't agree with messing with that in League 1 to fit an extra centre half in.

This. We've got players like Edwards, Celina, Fraser and Chaplin to play in the hole or as wide attackers and we're talking about changing to a shape that doesn't accommodate them. Madness.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Edmundsen and Burgess? on 19:50 - Sep 19 with 1320 viewsMullet

As a partnership - fine. They did worry me now and again with minor things, but they both also put a head on the ball when necessary.

Burgess played a few ambitious passes and some came off, others not so much. His move to LB was ok too.

The ref seemed to give a lot of soft fouls especially against Edmundson. The real standout for me at the back was Janoi though.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Edmundsen and Burgess? on 20:23 - Sep 19 with 1230 viewsKeaneish

Edmundsen and Burgess? on 17:43 - Sep 19 by Herbivore

This. We've got players like Edwards, Celina, Fraser and Chaplin to play in the hole or as wide attackers and we're talking about changing to a shape that doesn't accommodate them. Madness.

The point is we have versatility and fluidity throughout the side enabling us switch with ease which is an exciting prospect.

Of Edwards, Celina, Chaplin and Fraser, at least two of them are going to miss out every week anyway. The fact we have Piggot and Norwood to join Bonne with Celina in behind gives us equally as much threat but more through the middle.

No need to change it but we have that option.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Edmundsen and Burgess? on 20:40 - Sep 19 with 1165 viewsParky

Edmundsen and Burgess? on 17:41 - Sep 19 by textbackup

wolf went in the middle of the three did he? I hadn't seen how we changed when the injured happened.
as hes pretty laid back the spare man in the middle probably suits him better

It wasn’t a back three, Burgess moved to left-back.
Edmundsen and Burgess? on 22:26 - Sep 19 with 974 viewsGrumpy_Old_Man

Edmundsen and Burgess? on 20:40 - Sep 19 by Parky

It wasn’t a back three, Burgess moved to left-back.

Yes, I was suggesting that the way the three of them worked together a back three could work at some time. I'm not suggesting at the present but it could be an option at some time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024