Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Downes and Dozzell... 13:43 - Sep 19 with 2066 viewsITFCBlues

Not had the best starts at their clubs.

Always liked Downes energy and think if we could've kept him this season then I would've done. But he's been hooked off at HT yesterday when 3-0 down.

Dozzell still can't even get on the pitch for QPR. A few nice passes here and there just aren't going to cut it, especially at the level above. Needs to improve his all round game massivley or else he will be dropping down the leagues. Warburton must be struggling to get something out of him as well?

Does just go to show that the arguement that because players are moving up a division they must be good is a load of rubbish. We'll see come the end of the season just how good they are but looking like good business to get 2.5m for the pair.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Downes and Dozzell... on 13:47 - Sep 19 with 2024 viewsBlueBadger

It is very weird how keen some people are to see our former youth players fail.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2021 15:40]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Downes and Dozzell... on 13:47 - Sep 19 with 2017 viewsChrisd

They probably just need a bit of time to find their feet not just in a higher league, but with new team mates and tactics/formations. Lets not forget, Downes has been playing regularly for Swansea. Early days at the moment.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Downes and Dozzell... on 13:53 - Sep 19 with 1983 viewsITFCBlues

Downes and Dozzell... on 13:47 - Sep 19 by Chrisd

They probably just need a bit of time to find their feet not just in a higher league, but with new team mates and tactics/formations. Lets not forget, Downes has been playing regularly for Swansea. Early days at the moment.

Downes I'm sure will come good. He's a decent enough player.

Dozzell on the other hand, just doesn't have the all round game to succeed for me & showing so far. He must've played less than 90 minutes of Championship football?

Downes and Dozzell... on 13:59 - Sep 19 with 1952 viewsFtnfwest

Flynn did pretty well not to chin Lansbury yesterday
Downes and Dozzell... on 14:02 - Sep 19 with 1926 viewsHerbivore

They're gelling.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Downes and Dozzell... on 14:03 - Sep 19 with 1922 viewsBlueBadger

Downes and Dozzell... on 13:47 - Sep 19 by Chrisd

Probably a bit of shock to both of them to be actually receiving some proper coaching, motivation and tactics as well after spending most of their professional careers playing under Hurst and Lambert.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2021 15:59]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Downes and Dozzell... on 14:03 - Sep 19 with 1925 viewsclive_baker

‘Hooked off when 3-0 down’. Guess it depends how one wants to use a little poet licence to paint a picture. Downes played the full 90 minutes in their prior 2 matches in which they kept back to back clean sheets. I think a lot of their fans were saying Downes was MOTM vs Hull. By the sounds of things they’re pretty happy with him, and that’s at Championship level.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Downes and Dozzell... on 14:16 - Sep 19 with 1867 viewsITFCBlues

Downes and Dozzell... on 14:03 - Sep 19 by clive_baker

‘Hooked off when 3-0 down’. Guess it depends how one wants to use a little poet licence to paint a picture. Downes played the full 90 minutes in their prior 2 matches in which they kept back to back clean sheets. I think a lot of their fans were saying Downes was MOTM vs Hull. By the sounds of things they’re pretty happy with him, and that’s at Championship level.

I'm sure Downes will be a good player for them.

Dozzell on the other hand...

Login to get fewer ads

Downes and Dozzell... on 14:21 - Sep 19 with 1845 viewsIllinoisblue

Downes and Dozzell... on 13:59 - Sep 19 by Ftnfwest

Flynn did pretty well not to chin Lansbury yesterday

And is it correct that because Lansbury got a yellow there can now be no further action taken? Baffling how the ref and Lino came to their decision

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Downes and Dozzell... on 14:31 - Sep 19 with 1788 viewsFtnfwest

Downes and Dozzell... on 14:21 - Sep 19 by Illinoisblue

And is it correct that because Lansbury got a yellow there can now be no further action taken? Baffling how the ref and Lino came to their decision

Yes think so. Given the furore with the Leeds guy sent off last week, for such blatant violent conduct to go relatively unpunished seems bizarre
Downes and Dozzell... on 14:34 - Sep 19 with 1766 viewsITFCBlues

Downes and Dozzell... on 14:31 - Sep 19 by Ftnfwest

Yes think so. Given the furore with the Leeds guy sent off last week, for such blatant violent conduct to go relatively unpunished seems bizarre

Whilst I agree, what exactly was the Swansea player doing?!

Downes and Dozzell... on 14:43 - Sep 19 with 1723 viewsclive_baker

Downes and Dozzell... on 14:16 - Sep 19 by ITFCBlues

I'm sure Downes will be a good player for them.

Dozzell on the other hand...

Maybe. Don’t get why they’re spoken about like some sort of double headed beast though. Downes is a Championship player, I’m not surprised he’s gone to not just any Championship side, but a good one who have finished in the playoffs for the past 2 seasons, and walked into their starting XI. He’s winning plaudits already, but like all players and especially young ones he’ll have off days. I don’t think we got great money for him, but we seemingly didn’t have much choice by the end. He wanted off and the deadline was looming.

We couldn’t do anything about the Dozzell sale anyway, they met the valuation in his clause, so whether he tears it up or not, we can’t really live to rue it. I think he’s a very talented footballer, but he lacks the physicality and ability to impress on a game IMO. If you’re going to carry a luxury like him I don’t see how you can do it in the middle. He either needs to reinvent himself in a #10 type role or he’ll struggle to find his way. I think he could be effective further forward where his range of passing and speed of thought can cause some damage.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Downes and Dozzell... on 15:00 - Sep 19 with 1643 viewsSwansea_Blue

Downes and Dozzell... on 14:03 - Sep 19 by clive_baker

Yes, they seem to be quite pleased with him. He’s been a bit one dimensional, sitting very deep and keeping things very simple. But that’ll be because he’s got clear instructions I expect.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Downes and Dozzell... on 15:03 - Sep 19 with 1626 viewsITFCBlues

Downes and Dozzell... on 14:43 - Sep 19 by clive_baker

Maybe. Don’t get why they’re spoken about like some sort of double headed beast though. Downes is a Championship player, I’m not surprised he’s gone to not just any Championship side, but a good one who have finished in the playoffs for the past 2 seasons, and walked into their starting XI. He’s winning plaudits already, but like all players and especially young ones he’ll have off days. I don’t think we got great money for him, but we seemingly didn’t have much choice by the end. He wanted off and the deadline was looming.

We couldn’t do anything about the Dozzell sale anyway, they met the valuation in his clause, so whether he tears it up or not, we can’t really live to rue it. I think he’s a very talented footballer, but he lacks the physicality and ability to impress on a game IMO. If you’re going to carry a luxury like him I don’t see how you can do it in the middle. He either needs to reinvent himself in a #10 type role or he’ll struggle to find his way. I think he could be effective further forward where his range of passing and speed of thought can cause some damage.

Think you're overselling that Swansea side. They may well of been play off side last 2 seasons, but don't see that happening this season. They've let alot of key players go. But Downes is a decent player, no doubts for me. Think he's still got another gear to move up from what we saw here in all honesty.

Dozzell again, I agree with you. He's not got the all round game to be a sitter. Defensivley just doesn't cut it. A few nice passes here and there don't make a good player.

Downes and Dozzell... on 15:05 - Sep 19 with 1611 viewsFtnfwest

Downes and Dozzell... on 14:34 - Sep 19 by ITFCBlues

Whilst I agree, what exactly was the Swansea player doing?!

Trying to stop a quick free kick, which he was correctly booked for. What was the other Luton player doing screaming at him on the floor (almost looked like he spat on him although I’m sure he didn’t)
Downes and Dozzell... on 17:23 - Sep 19 with 1286 viewsJ2BLUE

I remember when we were talking about the two of them being worth £10m combined. It's a little sad we got relatively peanuts for them. The last few seasons have been crap.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Downes and Dozzell... on 18:06 - Sep 19 with 1166 viewsITFCBlues

Downes and Dozzell... on 17:23 - Sep 19 by J2BLUE

I remember when we were talking about the two of them being worth £10m combined. It's a little sad we got relatively peanuts for them. The last few seasons have been crap.

Yep, even Bishop to Arsenal was talked about for 10m+ at one stage.

For one reason or another, our youngsters just never seem to progress

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024