Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That bloody air raid siren 14:11 - Sep 19 with 1793 viewsAsa

Given the FA are so pedantic about a number of things don’t affect the match at all, it seems weird that they allow things like the PA blasting out noise as a team takes a corner or even towels all over the ground and players wasting 30 seconds drying it when they are winning with a few mins to go.

The towel thing has always bothered me. You don’t see free kick takers drying the ball on a wet night so they kick it properly! But players can towel the ball on a dry day when the ball won’t even be remotely wet. Huh? Cheltenham was a dry day. They must have wasted 5 minutes with that towel. It’s not like the half time sprinklers were that much of a factor.

Didn’t say anything after we lost at Cheltenham in case it came across as bitterness. But we won yesterday and yes players should be able to cope with noise or ‘intimidation’ or whatever but I’m surprised it’s allowed.

Still better than Fleetwood’s goal music which I can’t find a legitimate reason to ban.
That bloody air raid siren on 14:15 - Sep 19 with 1761 viewsIllinoisblue

The air raid siren is so tinpot and pathetic, I’m surprised Reading don’t do it. When we play Cheltenham at home we should be very accommodating hosts and have a supply of towels ready for them to use - some smeared with dog s5it, others with acid.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

That bloody air raid siren on 14:47 - Sep 19 with 1650 viewsBonchosBicycle

That bloody air raid siren on 14:15 - Sep 19 by Illinoisblue

The air raid siren is so tinpot and pathetic, I’m surprised Reading don’t do it. When we play Cheltenham at home we should be very accommodating hosts and have a supply of towels ready for them to use - some smeared with dog s5it, others with acid.

Smeared with LSD? I like that idea. That'd be real entertainment.
That bloody air raid siren on 15:10 - Sep 19 with 1553 viewsIllinoisblue

That bloody air raid siren on 14:47 - Sep 19 by BonchosBicycle

Smeared with LSD? I like that idea. That'd be real entertainment.

We’d still manage to concede

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

That bloody air raid siren on 15:20 - Sep 19 with 1511 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Thought the air raid siren was different and fun.
That bloody air raid siren on 15:46 - Sep 19 with 1423 viewsFoD_Blue

That bloody air raid siren on 15:20 - Sep 19 by BlueBlueBluex2

Thought the air raid siren was different and fun.

It's a distraction tactic, and as has been said already, somewhat tinpot.
[Redacted] on 16:06 - Sep 19 with 1363 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
That bloody air raid siren on 16:45 - Sep 19 with 1285 viewschrismakin

Don't worry I said similar during the game against Cheltenham, it's bizarre that it is allowed, you see yellows given for not taking goal kicks quick enough, but feel free to go and grab a towel, wipe the ball, have a cuppa, line your throw up, gain 10 yards first, wipe ball again, then throw.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

That bloody air raid siren on 20:24 - Sep 19 with 1048 viewsAsa

That bloody air raid siren on 16:45 - Sep 19 by chrismakin

Don't worry I said similar during the game against Cheltenham, it's bizarre that it is allowed, you see yellows given for not taking goal kicks quick enough, but feel free to go and grab a towel, wipe the ball, have a cuppa, line your throw up, gain 10 yards first, wipe ball again, then throw.

Exactly this.

It’s strange that one blatant form of time wasting is allowed whilst others are deemed bookable offences.
Login to get fewer ads

That bloody air raid siren on 20:57 - Sep 19 with 950 viewsCheltenham_Blue

That bloody air raid siren on 14:15 - Sep 19 by Illinoisblue

No need for the towels. Ben Tozzer, who does the long throws for Cheltenham has been sold to Ryan Reynold's Wrexham.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

That bloody air raid siren on 23:00 - Sep 19 with 807 viewsPlums

That bloody air raid siren on 16:45 - Sep 19 by chrismakin

I think it’s bizarre that none of our players ‘dealt’ with the towels. Grab one and put in in the away end, run off with it. Watching the opposition gain advantage after advantage was doing my head in.

BTW Lincoln have used the siren for years, it’s part of the ‘Bomber County’ identify. It’s not a distraction any more than shouting ‘woooooah’ at a keeper taking a kick

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

That bloody air raid siren on 23:01 - Sep 19 with 806 viewscoolcat

Fleetwood's goal music is exceptionally irritating. I was imagining an away game at Fleetwood on the last day of the season when a point would mean the difference between relegation and staying up for the visiting team. Fleetwood score in the dying seconds on injury time to take the lead, then the gentle strains of Captain Pugwash drift across the stadium.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024