Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum 02:37 - Sep 20 with 9325 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Had a quick look to see what they made of the game Saturday but found more comments about our away following than our actual teams performance (though I saw they’re angry that the goal was given rather than a free kick to them).

One such thread of our ‘excellent away atmosphere and following’: https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/ipswich-support.118580/

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 07:39 - Sep 20 with 5222 viewsnoggin

Even they think it's a little strange that our fans still focus so much on Norwich, considering the league positions.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 07:55 - Sep 20 with 5113 viewstrncbluearmy

Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 07:39 - Sep 20 by noggin

Even they think it's a little strange that our fans still focus so much on Norwich, considering the league positions.

the league positions are irrelevant
Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 07:56 - Sep 20 with 5139 viewsPlums

It was certainly noisy. I think I’m getting old but for the first time, I found myself cringing and shaking my head at some of it. Our team needed support for the second half yet the focus of some of our more bovine fans was:

* Claiming Lincoln was a ‘library’ which is clearly untrue, they make a right racket.
* Declaring the city a ‘sh1thole’ - again untrue.
* How ‘sh1t must you be - we’re winning away’ which is a slap to our own players as they’re battling to get our first three points of the season.
Also, only Bonne of our entire first 11 has any idea what playing against Norwich means so whilst I love a go at our feathered friends (and I know one of Lincoln’s regular fans in that section to our right is a budgie which made it personally funny), it means nothing to the players.

I’ve always been up for having some banter with the opposition but this is incessant and actually doesn’t support the team at all. I’m surprised the Lincoln fans haven’t picked up on it. Much of it, along with the antics of Ashton left me bewildered.
As I said, I’m clearly getting old…

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 08:00 - Sep 20 with 5089 viewsNorfolkBlue1

Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 07:56 - Sep 20 by Plums

It was certainly noisy. I think I’m getting old but for the first time, I found myself cringing and shaking my head at some of it. Our team needed support for the second half yet the focus of some of our more bovine fans was:

* Claiming Lincoln was a ‘library’ which is clearly untrue, they make a right racket.
* How ‘sh1t must you be - we’re winning away’ which is a slap to our own players as they’re battling to get our first three points of the season.
Also, only Bonne of our entire first 11 has any idea what playing against Norwich means so whilst I love a go at our feathered friends (and I know one of Lincoln’s regular fans in that section to our right is a budgie which made it personally funny), it means nothing to the players.

I’ve always been up for having some banter with the opposition but this is incessant and actually doesn’t support the team at all. I’m surprised the Lincoln fans haven’t picked up on it. Much of it, along with the antics of Ashton left me bewildered.

I bet you’re fun at parties
Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 08:04 - Sep 20 with 5060 viewsPlums

Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 08:00 - Sep 20 by NorfolkBlue1

Pretty good actually. There’s a difference between class and crass. Our vocal support used to be the former but there’s a real low bar these days and at least 50% of it isn’t supporting the team at all.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2021 8:07]

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 08:09 - Sep 20 with 5030 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 07:56 - Sep 20 by Plums

Have never understood the fascination with Norwich to be honest but I recall singing songs like that with gusto when I was stood in the North back in the day.

Let the kids/young folk have their time and fun, they are not doing any harm. Any noise is good noise right?
Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 08:46 - Sep 20 with 4843 viewsPendejo

The best çomment

I'll also add though that 1,700 Ipswich fans were 100 times more decent outside the ground than 1,000 Bolton fans.

I guess that means our dickhead ratio is a lot lower than Bolton's.sickness
The worst example of which was a dad with a kid on his shoulders getting nicked for his behaviour towards town fans at "Reebok" in 2000, I wonder how that kid behaves now, he'll be @ 25/26 years old

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 08:51 - Sep 20 with 4802 viewstextbackup

Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 08:00 - Sep 20 by NorfolkBlue1

He’s absolutely spot on though isn’t he.
Vs west ham kids all I coukd hear was anti norwich songs from NSL…. ‘Pride of anglia’ I mean come on ffs
[Post edited 20 Sep 2021 8:53]

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 08:56 - Sep 20 with 4769 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Spot on. Fantastic numbers but those 3 songs you * are laughable.

Found the Ashton thing bizarre. He certainly likes to be front and centre doesn't he. Does anybody remember seeing that anywhere before? It's obviously happened in big games, where there's promotion at stake etc but in a league game, in mid-September?
Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 09:03 - Sep 20 with 4697 viewsFixed_It

Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 08:56 - Sep 20 by PrideOfTheEast

Found the Ashton thing bizarre. He certainly likes to be front and centre doesn't he. Does anybody remember seeing that anywhere before? It's obviously happened in big games, where there's promotion at stake etc but in a league game, in mid-September?

Ashton was clearly pumped up - you could see it in his eyes. What we witnessed was genuine euphoria rather than just a PR stunt. I guess he's been feeling the pressure too.

The 'How sh1t must you be, we're winning away' chant really is brainless though - a dig at our players rather than anyone else.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 09:14 - Sep 20 with 4614 viewsSouperJim

Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 08:56 - Sep 20 by PrideOfTheEast

I have my doubts about Ashton. One of the things Bristol fans have consistently levelled at him is he'll only appear when things are going right. Smacks a bit of trying to get as much credit in the bank with the core/vocal support as possible, to have saved away for a rainy day.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 09:20 - Sep 20 with 4557 viewsTractorWood

Has notes of John Terry in full kit about it.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 09:21 - Sep 20 with 4557 viewsOsborneOneNil

Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 09:14 - Sep 20 by SouperJim

I have my doubts about Ashton. One of the things Bristol fans have consistently levelled at him is he'll only appear when things are going right. Smacks a bit of trying to get as much credit in the bank with the core/vocal support as possible, to have saved away for a rainy day.

He can jump around for the whole game if he likes, so long as we are winning and moving forward, who gives a damn?
Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 09:24 - Sep 20 with 4507 viewsHerbivore

Sit down, shut up!
Sit down, shut up!

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 09:25 - Sep 20 with 4501 viewsSouperJim

Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 09:21 - Sep 20 by OsborneOneNil

He can jump around for the whole game if he likes, so long as we are winning and moving forward, who gives a damn?

Well quite, but what about when we're not? We blindly worshipped the hierarchy under Evans at first and look where that got us. I don't think it's unreasonable for fans to ask questions about the integrity and motivation of those running the club.

Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 09:31 - Sep 20 with 4440 viewsHerbivore

Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 09:25 - Sep 20 by SouperJim

Well quite, but what about when we're not? We blindly worshipped the hierarchy under Evans at first and look where that got us. I don't think it's unreasonable for fans to ask questions about the integrity and motivation of those running the club.

It'd be a bit weird for him to fist pump and high five the crowd after a defeat.

Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 09:42 - Sep 20 with 4360 viewsMattinLondon

Hell probably correct you say state that he doesn’t attend parties but rather family gatherings or a get-together with likeminded people.
Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 09:45 - Sep 20 with 4329 viewsSouperJim

Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 09:31 - Sep 20 by Herbivore

It'd be a bit weird for him to fist pump and high five the crowd after a defeat.

Touche, however, I would respect him more if he visibly ran towards adversity. It's been a tough first 6 games and yet by and large the fans have been terrific, why not come and thank us then, encourage patience etc? That would be leadership.

Any monkey in a suit can take a round of applause when we've won a game.

Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 09:53 - Sep 20 with 4300 viewsHerbivore

Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 09:45 - Sep 20 by SouperJim

Touche, however, I would respect him more if he visibly ran towards adversity. It's been a tough first 6 games and yet by and large the fans have been terrific, why not come and thank us then, encourage patience etc? That would be leadership.

Do we want him to though? The manager should really be the one doing that. Personally I'd have preferred him not to come over to the fans after a win either. Let the suits do their work behind the scenes. I think taking everything into account though I can understand his reaction this time, if it becomes a regular thing it'll be massively cringeworthy.

Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 10:03 - Sep 20 with 4245 viewspointofblue

Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 09:03 - Sep 20 by Fixed_It

Ashton was clearly pumped up - you could see it in his eyes. What we witnessed was genuine euphoria rather than just a PR stunt. I guess he's been feeling the pressure too.

The 'How sh1t must you be, we're winning away' chant really is brainless though - a dig at our players rather than anyone else.

It could have been worse - ‘away’ could have been replaced by ‘a game’!
[Post edited 20 Sep 2021 10:10]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 10:07 - Sep 20 with 4210 viewsbluejacko

There really are some sensitive souls on here isn’t there? If you don’t like some of the songs so what! Don’t you remember the songs that used to be sung way back when? They make the songs nowadays look tame.(dead rats in Liverpool homes etc)
Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 10:10 - Sep 20 with 4176 viewsreusersfreekicks

Nah, you are right
Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 10:11 - Sep 20 with 4176 viewspointofblue

Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 10:07 - Sep 20 by bluejacko

There really are some sensitive souls on here isn’t there? If you don’t like some of the songs so what! Don’t you remember the songs that used to be sung way back when? They make the songs nowadays look tame.(dead rats in Liverpool homes etc)

It’s not sensitivity, it’s common sense. How about actually trying to support the team via the chants rather than just booming out crap anti-Norwich songs?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 10:20 - Sep 20 with 4109 viewsWickets

Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 09:45 - Sep 20 by SouperJim

Yes i agree its easy to milk the applause after a win not so to thank the support after a defeat .
Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 10:35 - Sep 20 with 4020 viewsSamWhiteUK

Unfortunately, the likelihood of one of our fans to sing is inversely proportional to the number of brain cells they have.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024