Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum 02:37 - Sep 20 with 9334 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Had a quick look to see what they made of the game Saturday but found more comments about our away following than our actual teams performance (though I saw they’re angry that the goal was given rather than a free kick to them).

One such thread of our ‘excellent away atmosphere and following’: https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/ipswich-support.118580/

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 10:38 - Sep 20 with 2155 viewsleitrimblue

Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 10:07 - Sep 20 by bluejacko

There really are some sensitive souls on here isn’t there? If you don’t like some of the songs so what! Don’t you remember the songs that used to be sung way back when? They make the songs nowadays look tame.(dead rats in Liverpool homes etc)

The dead rats were not in Liverpool homes. They were a local delicacy/treat discovered by scousers while searching there dustbins for something to eat
Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 10:40 - Sep 20 with 2152 viewstractorshark

I don't mind the anti Norwich songs. I like a bit of rivalry.
I actually thought the atmosphere at Lincoln was excellent both from home and away fans.
Singing about libraries and how sh*t their support was pretty pathetic given a) it was quite good & b) we don't exactly light the place up at Portman Road.
And I didn't think Teddy Bishop warranted any stick given that it was mostly our decision that he left.
The only chant I can't stand is the 'XXXXX's a sh*thole I want to go home'. It's about as funny as taking a dump and forgetting to pull your pants down.
As for Ashton, there's a fine line between passion and PR stunt. I'm old enough to remember Michael Knighton at Man United.
One win hasn't turned our season around just yet although it does feel like a big step in the right direction.
Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 10:47 - Sep 20 with 2111 viewsArnieM

Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 08:04 - Sep 20 by Plums

Pretty good actually. There’s a difference between class and crass. Our vocal support used to be the former but there’s a real low bar these days and at least 50% of it isn’t supporting the team at all.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2021 8:07]

It’s led by the “ kids” isn’t it, sadly they no nothing of our history.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 11:02 - Sep 20 with 2093 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 10:07 - Sep 20 by bluejacko

There really are some sensitive souls on here isn’t there? If you don’t like some of the songs so what! Don’t you remember the songs that used to be sung way back when? They make the songs nowadays look tame.(dead rats in Liverpool homes etc)

But Lincoln isn't a *hole compared with Ipswich is it. It's a ridiculous song that we seem to sign wherever we go.
Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 11:05 - Sep 20 with 2072 viewsNBVJohn

Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 09:31 - Sep 20 by Herbivore

It'd be a bit weird for him to fist pump and high five the crowd after a defeat.

Agreed, but I do recall A sombre David Sheepshanks mingling and talking to supporters in the away end at Highbury immediately ahead of a game in which we knew defeat would as good as put the rubber stamp on our relegation. Classy. We lost 2-0. And yes, I do recall the catastrophic events that followed in the months after.

Given some of the more hysterical criticism levelled at Ashton, it did cross my mind that it was a move that could fuel the perception that he’s only visible when things have gone well.

It was cringeworthy certainly, but I suspect it was from the heart and a release of pressure.

We heard that we had won a big, must win contract at work 2 weeks ago and I proceeded to make an utter t!t of myself in a thankfully fairly empty office. My sneaking suspicion had been that my job could potentially be at risk without the additional revenue. A pressure valve was released, and I drove home feeling a bit silly.
Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 11:08 - Sep 20 with 2071 viewsitfcjoe

Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 11:02 - Sep 20 by PrideOfTheEast

But Lincoln isn't a *hole compared with Ipswich is it. It's a ridiculous song that we seem to sign wherever we go.

It's just a generic football song, to be put in the same category as 'Bus stop near *rivals name*'.

Rubbish song, as a lot are.

At the West Ham game, felt like an old moaning git, but watching us play West Ham U21s and seeing the North Stand in good voice just left me feeling sad about how far we've fallen. Stcik your bubbles up your arris etc when playing their U21s......not their fault but just felt not right.

But I would say, that I don't get those who say why do we sing about Norwich, it's a unique rivalry and both clubs do it whatever stature they are at and have done since as long as I remember

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 11:15 - Sep 20 with 2028 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 11:08 - Sep 20 by itfcjoe

It's just a generic football song, to be put in the same category as 'Bus stop near *rivals name*'.

Rubbish song, as a lot are.

At the West Ham game, felt like an old moaning git, but watching us play West Ham U21s and seeing the North Stand in good voice just left me feeling sad about how far we've fallen. Stcik your bubbles up your arris etc when playing their U21s......not their fault but just felt not right.

But I would say, that I don't get those who say why do we sing about Norwich, it's a unique rivalry and both clubs do it whatever stature they are at and have done since as long as I remember

Agree on the Norwich stuff.

The WHU would annoy me to. Can't bring myself to go to a Papa John's game though.

I don't think a good percentage of the people signing "Lincoln is a sh1t hole" are singing it with irony in mind at all, whereas the bus stop thing is obviously that.
Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 11:17 - Sep 20 with 2015 viewsitfcjoe

Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 11:15 - Sep 20 by PrideOfTheEast

Agree on the Norwich stuff.

The WHU would annoy me to. Can't bring myself to go to a Papa John's game though.

I don't think a good percentage of the people signing "Lincoln is a sh1t hole" are singing it with irony in mind at all, whereas the bus stop thing is obviously that.

I can't imagine there is much separation in thought process between singing either of them!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 11:40 - Sep 20 with 1931 viewsnodge_blue

Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 07:56 - Sep 20 by Plums

It was certainly noisy. I think I’m getting old but for the first time, I found myself cringing and shaking my head at some of it. Our team needed support for the second half yet the focus of some of our more bovine fans was:

* Claiming Lincoln was a ‘library’ which is clearly untrue, they make a right racket.
* Declaring the city a ‘sh1thole’ - again untrue.
* How ‘sh1t must you be - we’re winning away’ which is a slap to our own players as they’re battling to get our first three points of the season.
Also, only Bonne of our entire first 11 has any idea what playing against Norwich means so whilst I love a go at our feathered friends (and I know one of Lincoln’s regular fans in that section to our right is a budgie which made it personally funny), it means nothing to the players.

I’ve always been up for having some banter with the opposition but this is incessant and actually doesn’t support the team at all. I’m surprised the Lincoln fans haven’t picked up on it. Much of it, along with the antics of Ashton left me bewildered.
As I said, I’m clearly getting old…

If we are having a dig at our own fans - I was annoyed that about 50 "lads" all just stood in the last isle all game so they could be near the Lincoln fans. That meant they were right next to me as I was the end seat.

Which isn't the biggest issue in the world, but they should have been in their seats. It meant you couldn't get out.

Plus when we scored they were literally climbing over my back and I was nearly falling on the woman in front.

I try and avoid close contact cos of the pandemic and Im forced to put up with people just going over the line. Yes I know its football - but I wasn't happy.

Lincoln is a bit of a dive outside the centre though. We saw a guy having a cr@p in the street! A literal sh1t hole.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 15:41 - Sep 20 with 1718 viewsbluejacko

Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 11:40 - Sep 20 by nodge_blue

If we are having a dig at our own fans - I was annoyed that about 50 "lads" all just stood in the last isle all game so they could be near the Lincoln fans. That meant they were right next to me as I was the end seat.

Which isn't the biggest issue in the world, but they should have been in their seats. It meant you couldn't get out.

Plus when we scored they were literally climbing over my back and I was nearly falling on the woman in front.

I try and avoid close contact cos of the pandemic and Im forced to put up with people just going over the line. Yes I know its football - but I wasn't happy.

Lincoln is a bit of a dive outside the centre though. We saw a guy having a cr@p in the street! A literal sh1t hole.

I suppose you could have changed seats if they were that much bother?
Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 16:19 - Sep 20 with 1661 viewsAlanG296

Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 15:41 - Sep 20 by bluejacko

I suppose you could have changed seats if they were that much bother?

Why should he? The ignorant 50 should have been in their seats and the stewards should have cleared the aisle. Aisles are there for good reasons.
Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 16:30 - Sep 20 with 1629 viewsbluejacko

Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 16:19 - Sep 20 by AlanG296

Why should he? The ignorant 50 should have been in their seats and the stewards should have cleared the aisle. Aisles are there for good reasons.

He should not have too! But if needs must why sit there suffering if he can move?
Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 16:57 - Sep 20 with 1586 viewsPinewoodblue

Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 16:30 - Sep 20 by bluejacko

He should not have too! But if needs must why sit there suffering if he can move?

The away end was sold out. Where was he supposed to move to.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 17:28 - Sep 20 with 1555 viewsbluejacko

Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 16:57 - Sep 20 by Pinewoodblue

The away end was sold out. Where was he supposed to move to.

Fair enough, calm down I was only asking the question.
Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 17:56 - Sep 20 with 1540 viewsDyland

Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 07:56 - Sep 20 by Plums

It was certainly noisy. I think I’m getting old but for the first time, I found myself cringing and shaking my head at some of it. Our team needed support for the second half yet the focus of some of our more bovine fans was:

* Claiming Lincoln was a ‘library’ which is clearly untrue, they make a right racket.
* How ‘sh1t must you be - we’re winning away’ which is a slap to our own players as they’re battling to get our first three points of the season.
Also, only Bonne of our entire first 11 has any idea what playing against Norwich means so whilst I love a go at our feathered friends (and I know one of Lincoln’s regular fans in that section to our right is a budgie which made it personally funny), it means nothing to the players.

I’ve always been up for having some banter with the opposition but this is incessant and actually doesn’t support the team at all. I’m surprised the Lincoln fans haven’t picked up on it. Much of it, along with the antics of Ashton left me bewildered.

Same here.

Most of our songs are sh1te. That seems to be the same at every club though so meh.

The Ashton love in was pure cringe. Sure, he's done a great job at recruitment (er, I think) but sorry, he is not a blue and he does not hate Norwich.

Superb result though, and great away support generally, as ever. Divs gonna div though and that element seems present everywhere. More noticeable with your own club I guess.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 18:08 - Sep 20 with 1509 viewsRadlett_blue

Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 16:19 - Sep 20 by AlanG296

Indeed, people should still remember Hillsborough & other near similar disasters and yes, the aisles are there for a reason. Most stewards seem to be poorly trained volunteers.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 18:17 - Sep 20 with 1491 viewsnodge_blue

Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 16:30 - Sep 20 by bluejacko

In the first half there were so many crammed down the isle 3 abreast it would have been hard to get out. I said 50 - I should think at least 50.

I know its a football match and I don't expect angels. But i don't want drunken teenagers climbing on my back like a bit of scaffold. Plus there was all this "she's a slag stuff going on pointing at girls in the home end.

Embarrassing.

PLUS I don't have an issue with the anti norwich songs but I do think the Delia is a slag / whore thing is pretty low.

Think Ive finished.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 18:21 - Sep 20 with 1484 viewswitchdoctor

Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 09:53 - Sep 20 by Herbivore

Do we want him to though? The manager should really be the one doing that. Personally I'd have preferred him not to come over to the fans after a win either. Let the suits do their work behind the scenes. I think taking everything into account though I can understand his reaction this time, if it becomes a regular thing it'll be massively cringeworthy.

give the guy a break…I’m sure it was just a one off with him as chuffed as we were to get that monkey of our back😃👍
Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 18:23 - Sep 20 with 1478 viewsHerbivore

Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 18:21 - Sep 20 by witchdoctor

give the guy a break…I’m sure it was just a one off with him as chuffed as we were to get that monkey of our back😃👍

"taking everything into account though I can understand his reaction this time"

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 19:02 - Sep 20 with 1423 viewswitchdoctor

Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 18:23 - Sep 20 by Herbivore

"taking everything into account though I can understand his reaction this time"

👍
Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 19:20 - Sep 20 with 1400 viewswkj

FUnny old thing is the Norwich rivalry. I've always been loud and up for it when we play them, but I have to admit that I really haven't given much of a fugg how they do in their own games, certainly no more than teams around us that impact our position in the table.

That said, Delia Smith is a harpy.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 19:45 - Sep 20 with 1362 viewsLeaky

Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 11:40 - Sep 20 by nodge_blue

You can move seat during a game. I did as i had staunchen blocking my view had my angle grinder taken off after being searched .
Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 20:02 - Sep 20 with 1339 viewstractorshark

I imagine these are the same ‘lads’ who spend away games eyeballing the home fans and giving it large in their Stone Island clobber while privately hoping they don’t actually run into someone who will punch them into the next parish.
Pretty safe against Lincoln and Cheltenham, try it at a place like Millwall.
Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 22:04 - Sep 20 with 1237 viewsgalacticoblue

Yup you’re old. And judging by the number of likes to your post there are a lot of other oldies on here too!

I too am old, but I do remember that the chanting wasn’t always particularly lovely/ clever back in the 90s either - We had lots of fun though!
Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 23:00 - Sep 20 with 1181 viewstractorshark

Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 22:04 - Sep 20 by galacticoblue

Yup you’re old. And judging by the number of likes to your post there are a lot of other oldies on here too!

I too am old, but I do remember that the chanting wasn’t always particularly lovely/ clever back in the 90s either - We had lots of fun though!

Agree with all that and I don’t want to spoil people’s fun.
As you grow older, your view on away days changes.
My one annoyance is when a group of say 6-8 lads turn up 5 mins before kickoff and stand in the space reserved for 3-4 seats.
I don’t have an issue standing, I actually prefer it. But I take my son to games and for him to see through people you need the gaps that occur when it is 1 body to 1 seat.
When you get a load of lads pack themselves into a tight space, his view is completely restricted.
And people say you can move but it’s pretty much impossible a couple of minutes before kickoff.
I just ask for people to have a little consideration if you’ve got kids behind you or the elderly. Offer to swap with them. They don’t want to ruin your day, so don’t ruin theirs.
I don’t understand why more clubs don’t operate a similar policy to Sheffield Wednesday where you pretty much sit where you like but if you want to stand you go towards the back.
Solves all the issues for me and everyone gets what they want.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024