Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum 02:37 - Sep 20 with 9324 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Had a quick look to see what they made of the game Saturday but found more comments about our away following than our actual teams performance (though I saw they’re angry that the goal was given rather than a free kick to them).

One such thread of our ‘excellent away atmosphere and following’: https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/ipswich-support.118580/

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 00:16 - Sep 21 with 1508 viewsistanblue

Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 07:56 - Sep 20 by Plums

It was certainly noisy. I think I’m getting old but for the first time, I found myself cringing and shaking my head at some of it. Our team needed support for the second half yet the focus of some of our more bovine fans was:

* Claiming Lincoln was a ‘library’ which is clearly untrue, they make a right racket.
* Declaring the city a ‘sh1thole’ - again untrue.
* How ‘sh1t must you be - we’re winning away’ which is a slap to our own players as they’re battling to get our first three points of the season.
Also, only Bonne of our entire first 11 has any idea what playing against Norwich means so whilst I love a go at our feathered friends (and I know one of Lincoln’s regular fans in that section to our right is a budgie which made it personally funny), it means nothing to the players.

I’ve always been up for having some banter with the opposition but this is incessant and actually doesn’t support the team at all. I’m surprised the Lincoln fans haven’t picked up on it. Much of it, along with the antics of Ashton left me bewildered.
As I said, I’m clearly getting old…

Ok boomer.
Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 08:24 - Sep 21 with 1386 viewsnoggin

Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 00:16 - Sep 21 by istanblue

Ok boomer.

I guess the younger fans still think these chants are funny. The oldies have been hearing them from every opposition support for the last 20 years. They were mildly humorous when they were new.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 09:44 - Sep 21 with 1317 viewsParky

Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 23:00 - Sep 20 by tractorshark

Agree with all that and I don’t want to spoil people’s fun.
As you grow older, your view on away days changes.
My one annoyance is when a group of say 6-8 lads turn up 5 mins before kickoff and stand in the space reserved for 3-4 seats.
I don’t have an issue standing, I actually prefer it. But I take my son to games and for him to see through people you need the gaps that occur when it is 1 body to 1 seat.
When you get a load of lads pack themselves into a tight space, his view is completely restricted.
And people say you can move but it’s pretty much impossible a couple of minutes before kickoff.
I just ask for people to have a little consideration if you’ve got kids behind you or the elderly. Offer to swap with them. They don’t want to ruin your day, so don’t ruin theirs.
I don’t understand why more clubs don’t operate a similar policy to Sheffield Wednesday where you pretty much sit where you like but if you want to stand you go towards the back.
Solves all the issues for me and everyone gets what they want.

Ipswich often have an area where the elderly and anybody wanting to sit down can purchase tickets together at the front, may be worth keeping an eye out for.
Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 12:25 - Sep 21 with 1223 viewsAlanG296

Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 09:44 - Sep 21 by Parky

Ipswich often have an area where the elderly and anybody wanting to sit down can purchase tickets together at the front, may be worth keeping an eye out for.

Yea sit at the front and get a low poor view of the game. How about everyone complies with the regulations and sits down in their seat.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2021 13:21]
Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 22:13 - Sep 21 with 1057 viewstractorshark

Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 09:44 - Sep 21 by Parky

Ipswich had a section at Lincoln that was designated like this, although I’m not convinced that’s what happened.
But apart from Sheff Wed, I haven’t see any other club do it.
The London away days are definitely the worst for this.
Like I say, I’m not stopping people’s fun but I do want my son to be able to see the game.
And for those who think it’s just some old git moaning, I can only say you’ll think differently in years to come, particularly if you have a family.
Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 22:28 - Sep 21 with 1041 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 12:25 - Sep 21 by AlanG296

Yea sit at the front and get a low poor view of the game. How about everyone complies with the regulations and sits down in their seat.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2021 13:21]

Because it’s an away game?

90% of people don’t go to away games to sit in silence.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 11:35 - Sep 22 with 865 viewsTractorgirlforever

Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 08:56 - Sep 20 by PrideOfTheEast

Spot on. Fantastic numbers but those 3 songs you * are laughable.

Found the Ashton thing bizarre. He certainly likes to be front and centre doesn't he. Does anybody remember seeing that anywhere before? It's obviously happened in big games, where there's promotion at stake etc but in a league game, in mid-September?

I dont think what ashton did was bizarre at all!.. he was just infront of me at the cheltenham game eating his chips and drinking a bottle of coke , i thought it was really nice to see, shame we didnt get the result that night. (I did see him give the ref a bit of abuse towards the end too!)
Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 20:57 - Sep 23 with 660 viewsAlanG296

Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 22:28 - Sep 21 by The_Romford_Blue

Because it’s an away game?

90% of people don’t go to away games to sit in silence.

Didn't realise 90% of the people at away games were incapable of sitting and singing at the same time.
Login to get fewer ads

Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 10:49 - Sep 24 with 502 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Lincoln fans generally complimentary of our support on their forum on 22:13 - Sep 21 by tractorshark

Ipswich had a section at Lincoln that was designated like this, although I’m not convinced that’s what happened.
But apart from Sheff Wed, I haven’t see any other club do it.
The London away days are definitely the worst for this.
Like I say, I’m not stopping people’s fun but I do want my son to be able to see the game.
And for those who think it’s just some old git moaning, I can only say you’ll think differently in years to come, particularly if you have a family.

When I take my son (7) to away games and its likely to be a sell out or close to, then we invariably sit with the home supporters for this reason.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024