Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is there any truth at all in this thing? 08:58 - Sep 20 with 1578 viewsNthQldITFC

Has anybody here ever actually witnessed at first hand, the oft-cited meme of a dog running away trailing a string of raw sausages, or is this just another example of the Machiavellian wiles of those disingenuous cartoonists at Disney?

It should go without saying that I am not interested in any reports relating to an individual sausage or part thereof, or indeed to any number of cooked sausages, or sausages of any state in any form of wrapping.

You may have, perhaps, other such examples of potentially mythical ideas which we have been gulled into accepting as authentic by that shady empire, but this is the one which I should really like to get to the bottom of.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Is there any truth at all in this thing? on 11:49 - Sep 20 with 1376 viewsCBBlue

My mother-in-law lived 2 doors away from the village butchers and her dog appeared in her garden one day carrying a huge bag of mince in his mouth that he'd shoplifted from the aforementioned butchers.
Admittedly not a string of sausages but I like to think if given the chance he'd have nicked some in full cartoon style.

Poll: School on Monday - are you sending in your R, Y1 or Y6 kids?

Is there any truth at all in this thing? on 12:02 - Sep 20 with 1323 viewsLord_Lucan

I had a "Fenton" moment a couple of weeks ago with one of my hounds.

Sir Bob the dog doesn't tolerate other dogs so once a week we hire an enclosed 6 acre field for an hour which is offered for the purpose of spasticated K9's.

The stoopid owner however has decided to put a field of goats and sheep next door and despite them being 6ft fenced off it was a bit nerve wrecking chasing a mad Bull Terrier and then trying to catch up to him whilst he was trying to break the high jump world record.

I was all puffed out!

No sausages but a close call for a halal goat.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Is there any truth at all in this thing? on 12:13 - Sep 20 with 1259 viewsIllinoisblue

Unfair to blame it on Disney; The Beano and Dandy were running cartoons with string-of-sausage stealing dogs back in the 50s

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Is there any truth at all in this thing? on 12:14 - Sep 20 with 1247 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

It’s definitely true.
I’m so ugly that my missus puts a string of sausages around my neck so the dog will play with me.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Is there any truth at all in this thing? on 12:24 - Sep 20 with 1186 viewsWeWereZombies

We once had a chicken ready to go in the oven and sitting on the kitchen counter, for reasons I can't recall we were in the front room for a few minutes and the kitchen patio doors were open. When we returned to the kitchen the chicken had disappeared but then we saw it at the end of the garden being seen to by a couple of the neighbourhood cats. So we had something else for dinner.

But you could have knocked us down with a feather, although I have never heard of anyone actually being knocked down with a feather...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Is there any truth at all in this thing? on 12:29 - Sep 20 with 1162 viewsSwansea_Blue

Is there any truth at all in this thing? on 12:24 - Sep 20 by WeWereZombies

We once had a chicken ready to go in the oven and sitting on the kitchen counter, for reasons I can't recall we were in the front room for a few minutes and the kitchen patio doors were open. When we returned to the kitchen the chicken had disappeared but then we saw it at the end of the garden being seen to by a couple of the neighbourhood cats. So we had something else for dinner.

But you could have knocked us down with a feather, although I have never heard of anyone actually being knocked down with a feather...

Did you find a decent cat recipe online?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Is there any truth at all in this thing? on 12:32 - Sep 20 with 1138 viewsleitrimblue

Couple of years ago my neighbor came to inform me he had just returned home an witnessed my Jack Russell standing in his driveway with one of his large ducks hanging out of his mouth. I offered to replace it but he didn't seem very interested so I just dropped off a bag of cans outside his door later. He was happy out, since told me ' there isn't a Wiseman alive that wouldn't trade an ol duck for a bag of cans'. Now not sure if he made it up on the off chance of gaining a bag of cans...
Is there any truth at all in this thing? on 12:36 - Sep 20 with 1118 viewsWeWereZombies

Is there any truth at all in this thing? on 12:29 - Sep 20 by Swansea_Blue

Did you find a decent cat recipe online?

'In Okinawa, it is believed to be effective against costochondritis, bronchitis, lung disease, and hemorrhoids, and was eaten in the form of a soup, such as Maya No Ushiro.'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat_meat

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Login to get fewer ads

Is there any truth at all in this thing? on 12:43 - Sep 20 with 1076 viewsEwan_Oozami

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/classic-cars/g20894565/the-flying-feath

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Is there any truth at all in this thing? on 14:59 - Sep 20 with 843 viewsArnoldMoorhen

I've never seen a Coyote in my local shop, Acme Inc.

Probably why they never seem to sell any of their anvils.
Is there any truth at all in this thing? on 15:00 - Sep 20 with 837 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Is there any truth at all in this thing? on 14:59 - Sep 20 by ArnoldMoorhen

I've never seen a Coyote in my local shop, Acme Inc.

Probably why they never seem to sell any of their anvils.

On the other hand, this has to be the ultimate example of the cartoon getting it the right way round. The aeroplanes could never catch the pigeon, but this pigeon...

https://www.ladbible.com/community/animals-passenger-shocked-as-pigeon-perches-o
Is there any truth at all in this thing? on 15:50 - Sep 20 with 721 viewsFBI

Dunno about that but I was at my dad's house in Haverhill once, back in the 80s, and his mad mongrel had nicked a pair of tights off the line and swallowed them. Trouble was, one leg had, as it were, found its way out of one end whilst the other was still hanging out of his mouth.

Could have used him as a skipping rope...

Poll: The career progress of former town players is...

Is there any truth at all in this thing? on 15:59 - Sep 20 with 681 viewsSwansea_Blue

Is there any truth at all in this thing? on 12:36 - Sep 20 by WeWereZombies

'In Okinawa, it is believed to be effective against costochondritis, bronchitis, lung disease, and hemorrhoids, and was eaten in the form of a soup, such as Maya No Ushiro.'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat_meat

"United Kingdom
In 18th-century Britain, there are a few records of cats being eaten as entertainment or gambling. In 1788 the Duke of Bedford bet the Earl of Barrymore 1,000 guineas he could not eat a live cat, the earl did not.[54]"

Probably wasn't very entertaining for the cats.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024